Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betty Hutchins

13»

Comments

• Options
    A lovely gesture by the club & Lyle in particular. We might have a **** of an owner but we are still a family club. I’ve known of Betty since the late 70s (not sure if I ever travelled on one of her coaches tho) & didn’t know that she is ill. God Bless Betty 
  • Options
    Fair play to Betty with her charlton starting xi- playing 4 strikers 
  • Options
    Love & hugs to Betty and family.  very sad  xx
  • Options
    I've never knowingly met Betty, but I recognised her name from on here, so I just did a quick google search of "charltonlife" and "Betty Hutchins". It returns four pages of different threads where she is mentioned. That takes some doing; she must have made a great impact on so many people over the years.

The other really noticeable thing about that video is how thoughtful and eloquent Lyle Taylor is. Not fitting the general footballer stereotype at all.

Betty and Lyle, both great credits to our club. 
  • Options
    Also remember Betty from the away coaches in the 90s. Always the life and soul of the party. I was feeling emotional but certainly did cry a bit when she said about the 3 F's in her life - family, faith and football. Such a special woman and well done Lyle on making her day.
  • Options
    Don't travel to that many away games these days but have come across Betty on a number of occasions when I have. A wonderful lady. God bless you Betty.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    As has already been said, Betty was the epitome of what Charlton FC means to lots of people.  So sad to hear that she is unwell.

As some of you know I retired a while ago and have moved to a new life in the sun. 
    This is the first thing that has made me feel homesick.  

Bless you Betty.
  • Options
    Best wishes to Betty and her family.

He may have a silly Barnet but Lyle is so my man crush. 
  • Options
    Thankyou for posting this Henry, brought a tear to my eye bless you Betty.
    Ditto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What an honour it is for players and staff that they have the opportunity to do this for Betty. I hope she can enjoy the game.
  • Options
    we should get a chorus of 'theres only one Betty Hutchins' going at least once during the game perhaps after the 7th min tribute
    Great idea! Please pardon my ignorance though, what is the significance of the 7th minute?
  • Options
    Stig said:
    we should get a chorus of 'theres only one Betty Hutchins' going at least once during the game perhaps after the 7th min tribute
    Great idea! Please pardon my ignorance though, what is the significance of the 7th minute?
    Young Jack and Bradley to be remembered.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Stig said:
    Again excuse ignorance. Jack and Bradley - who and why?
  • Options
    iainment said:
    T_C_E said:
    Stig said:
    Again excuse ignorance. Jack and Bradley - who and why?
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b6c4635b659c/charlton-v-shrewsbury-town-match-to-be-dedicated-to-the-memory-of-jack-jeffreys
  • Options
    Today’s for you girl what a lady crying my eyes out in bed so what I’ll be thinking of you today god bless and I don’t even no you😂😍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wished we could of erranged something or some our to get you there today but I no you will be watching the lads win 2-1 thinking of you coyr👍👍
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I don’t know you either Betty but I know your face from many years of supporting Charlton.

Today is for people like you and all other Addicks who can’t make it x
  • Options
    Hope Betty enjoyed that, and didn't find it as stressful as those of us on the match thread did :-)
  • Options
    That win was for Betty. 
  • Options
    Hope Betty enjoyed today half as much as me
  • Options
    cazo said:
    I wished we could of erranged something or some our to get you there today but I no you will be watching the lads win 2-1 thinking of you coyr👍👍
    Told you girl 2-1 that’s for you 😍😍😍😍
  • Options
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Lyle pops round with the trophy.
    It would be fantastic if he, or any of the other players, did this.

As someone who didn't know Betty, I felt really moved by this story. I would love to know that she saw the game and was as joyous as the rest of us.