Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Marquis......the danger man for Doncaster.

Comments

• If Donny make it through then they will have thoroughly deserved it. Simples
    Maybe, but we can still give the ref 3 and blame him 
  • Realistically there are no pubs in walking distance to the ground that take away fans. If getting the train, drink round Borough market if near London Bridge, or pubs around Waterloo. Or drink in Greenwich and get the train 2 stops to Charlton
    London Bridge probably isn’t a good idea. Not wishing to be rude but these are boys from the sticks. Friday night, drinkers from the City, commuters trying to get home, Charlton at home at a packed ground, they won’t get on a train and will be lucky to get there by half time. 
  • It depends what time you expect to be in London. The George is a lovely pub just a couple of minutes away from London Bridge and serves real ale and food so a good stop for a late lunch.
    I would not hang around for rush hour, so if you are getting in about 4ish, I would head for Greenwich. Look on the internet for a pub you like the sound of, they are all reasonably as it is a tourist area as a nice village feel and Cutty Sark moored up there.
    Safe journey to you all, I hope you all get to bed early and have a great season next year. Whatever happens, I hope we play each other the season after next.
  • Blucher said:
    Realistically there are no pubs in walking distance to the ground that take away fans. If getting the train, drink round Borough market if near London Bridge, or pubs around Waterloo. Or drink in Greenwich and get the train 2 stops to Charlton
    Are the 'Angerstein' and the 'Anchor In Hope' no longer taking away fans ? I've never liked the former but I was in the Anchor In Hope with some Sunderland supporting mates before our game back in January. It was full of Mackems and was absolutely fine. There are lots of tables outside by the river as well for a nice evening.

Local pubs have been dropping like nine pins but it's shame if there is nowhere near the ground for away fans, especially as we were treated so well up at Donny on Sunday.

As AKFA says, Greenwich a good alternative, as is Blackheath (which is only one stop down the line).
    Just stfup about the Anchor, please!
    Come on Weegie - where is your sense of hospitality ( ! ). I'm sure they'll be able to squeeze you in at the Anchor In Hope.

(Obviously, I shall be drinking elsewhere)
  • OK, OK. I'll even post the website for them:

http://www.anchorandhopepub.co.uk

• Blucher said:
    Blucher said:
    Realistically there are no pubs in walking distance to the ground that take away fans. If getting the train, drink round Borough market if near London Bridge, or pubs around Waterloo. Or drink in Greenwich and get the train 2 stops to Charlton
    Are the 'Angerstein' and the 'Anchor In Hope' no longer taking away fans ? I've never liked the former but I was in the Anchor In Hope with some Sunderland supporting mates before our game back in January. It was full of Mackems and was absolutely fine. There are lots of tables outside by the river as well for a nice evening.

Local pubs have been dropping like nine pins but it's shame if there is nowhere near the ground for away fans, especially as we were treated so well up at Donny on Sunday.

As AKFA says, Greenwich a good alternative, as is Blackheath (which is only one stop down the line).
    Just stfup about the Anchor, please!
    Come on Weegie - where is your sense of hospitality ( ! ). I'm sure they'll be able to squeeze you in at the Anchor In Hope.

(Obviously, I shall be drinking elsewhere)
    Bloke behind the bar is dickhead and the beer is terrible. 

Close-ish to ground and the view is nice though.
  • Marquis reminded me of Liam Gallagher - lots of posturing and pointing when things didn’t go for him, which was pretty much all afternoon.
  • Was very isolated at their place, did a great job doing that. Need to do the same tonight!
  • Rovers need to win the game. We don't. I expect them to come out of the blocks very fast and hope to score early. The longer it goes on without them scoring the more chances we will have of picking them off. I hope Bowyer goes to win the game and not sit back. That could be a big mistake 
  • Rovers need to win the game. We don't. I expect them to come out of the blocks very fast and hope to score early. The longer it goes on without them scoring the more chances we will have of picking them off. I hope Bowyer goes to win the game and not sit back. That could be a big mistake 
    i think the opposite, they'll be desperate to not let in an early goal. They'll aim to get to half time without conceding. We concede more goals in the first 15/20 minutes after the break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cry baby.
  • He certainly proved to be the danger man for Doncaster. 
  • Been good for us. Even scored for us in the league game at the Keepmoat.
  • Maybe I’m turning into a proper lifer snowflake now, but I feel a bit for him, he wanted it so bad, all for a giggle at him but abusing him on the pitch is a no from me.
  • Sign him up tbh 
  • Sponsored links:

• The longer the game went on the more it seemed to me that their players and fans started to display a "chippy" small club mentality.
    Nothing particular against Marquis (other than the ex Millwall bit), but I would have loved their fat centre half to have missed the crucial spot kick.
    In the end I found myself just as pleased that they ended up LOSERS as I was that we were winners, if that makes sense
  • Fuck him. Never stopped moaning the whole of both games. Has a face you just want to smack. So glad it was him that missed.
  • Like Taylor,a player you hate when on the other team but would really like in a Charlton shirt.

Terrible penalty 

Definitely prefer Lyle :-)
  • Do you think he realises people think he’s a knob for trying to look like Gareth Bale ?
  •  I was willing him to miss and he did.  Karma :)
  • I know one thing, he really got away with that penalty against him. 100% nailed on that was.
  • Half Gareth Bale, half Andy Carroll not 2 men you particularly want to look like!