Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rochdale post-match thread 2019

Comments

• Options
    Quite a few Donny fans counting their chickens already on their forum - let's not do the same. I'm sure Lee will keep the lads level-headed.
    Very Naive considering they were absolutely nowhere near 5th. Can’t wait to get these games going.
  • Options
    Bumped into a fella after the match, who’d come over from Switzerland for the game, he did seem a tad hammered, said he was a good friend of Elfsborgaddick?
  • Options
    Quite a few Donny fans counting their chickens already on their forum - let's not do the same. I'm sure Lee will keep the lads level-headed.
    It doesn't matter whether fans go over the top or not. The team will stay focussed regardless. 
  • Options
    Wow wow what a fantastic day. Can’t even attempt to take the smile off my face. really happy with all of that....great for team fans everybody and definitely going to Doncaster if I can get tickets. Buzzing with all of this 
  • Options
    22%  Losing play off semi finalists
    43% Losing play off finalists
    35%% Play off winners
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Been to Doncaster away once.  My memories are that town sights were a shopping centre full of £ shops and a roundabout they had named ‘council house roundabout’.. oh, and a 3-0 loss!

those who went, Albie Morgan looked class in the high lights, the ball for Taylors goal and the one to Taylor when Parker hit the post, plus a fierce shot and unlucky not to score - did he play himself ahead of Williams today?
    IMO yes! Has more about his game than Williams! Bring Williams on against a tiring defence and he would cause problems! Like he did against Sunderland on his debut!
    The danger of Morgan starting these games is he still shows weaknesses off the ball - Its okay against your Scunthorpes and Rochdales but the games against Doncaster will be a completely different kettle of fish
    Is Morgan any weaker off the ball than say Williams, Reeves or Aribo ?
    That's why Cullen is so important as the worker in midfield because Jonny, Ben and Joe are all better when the ball's at their feet than when out of possession.
  • Options
    There is something about Parker being so shit in a brilliant team that I actually rather enjoy. How he didn’t score today I will never know. 
    Because as you said he is shit
  • Options
    Been at my son’s wedding all day. Can’t believe we finished 3rd. Can only say what a fantastic job Bowyer has done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get your trains to Donny booked sharpish & there are a number of local hotels including a couple of Premier Inns.
  • Options
    Have that bookies
  • Options
    Reasons to be cheerful - No keeper is in better form in the Play Offs than Phillips. Djiksteel and Purrington are looking good. We have the best three centre halves in the division and only two will start! We have four of the six best midfielders in the play offs - I'd put McGeady and Lowe in there. We have the best all round striker in the division and Igor is starting to look like the player he was a few years ago. The football we play cannot be emulated by any of our rivals at this level. Joe Aribo is the best player at this level. You can really make a strong case for us!
  • Options
    Buckle up
  • Options

First things first.........I predicted a 4-0 win & getting 3rd in the preview thread (albeit being in a parallel universe). Love being me..... ;)

Anyone not at the game do yourself a favour & watch the clip on here of the goals..........absolutely sublime. Best performance of the season for me - totally outclassed Rochdale & was a joy to watch. Cant believe that in the 2ns half we had 6 or 7 players in their box waiting for a cross.......being delivered by our main striker..!!  Never thought I'd see the day when we were queuing up to score - it could have been 6 or 7.  Maybe Parker should have a word with the groundsmen & tell them not to water the pitch 5 mins before the start of a game that had seen heavy showers just an hour before. Numpties. It wasn't only Parker that had trouble standing up.......Sarr slipped over a few times as well as some of their players.

As for the players & individual performers........Morgan had a stormer & his pass for Taylors goal was class. Again the midfield trio surrounding him are a class above this league & the defence didn't let us down (again). Feel sad for Parker - tries hard & kept running but it just doesn't seem to be his day/week/year. Just hope that Vetokele can keep fit for the next couple of weeks.

Off to Donny next Sunday morning. Will make sure I leave home with plenty of time. Only been to Doncaster once before - September 2008 where we won 1-0. I'll take that.

• Options
    The confidence you all have is understandable but terribly predictable. 

I pray we can live up to it.
  • Options
    What's going on?! 3rd place. Golfie upbeat. Whatever next? I plan to be at the final whether we get there or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great one !!!
    Now lets:
    'do Donnies run run run,
    do Donnies run run'

COYR
  • Options
    I would say that we are now the fave to win the playoffs. Feels good.
  • Options
    Bookies have us Sunderland and Pompey 12/5 Donny 9/2
  • Options
    Yep, bookies can’t call it. Interesting.
  • Options
    We are a good price with the bookies - 5/2 with Pompey/Sunderland joint favs at 9/4. 

I find that surprising as looking at the circumstances you would say its tough between them to see who would make the final whereas on paper we should have the easier Semi-Final. 

Not looking at that too much though, it will be two tight legs. If we stay tight at the back we win as I think we can score 3 across the two legs. 
  • Options
    Quality performance, Pompey and Sunderland will be relieved not to be playing us over 2 legs

the last 3 games have been really easy, the one note of caution I’d give is that we need to be defensively alert as we can’t afford to get complacent.

a real show of confidence in Morgan by Bowyer today, he looks the real deal.
  • Options
    We are a good price with the bookies - 5/2 with Pompey/Sunderland joint favs at 9/4. 

I find that surprising as looking at the circumstances you would say its tough between them to see who would make the final whereas on paper we should have the easier Semi-Final. 

Not looking at that too much though, it will be two tight legs. If we stay tight at the back we win as I think we can score 3 across the two legs. 
    I think bookies think the support of Pompey and Sunderland then our form makes as all equal