Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rochdale post-match thread 2019

Comments

• Options
    Well that was a crazy game... Result was never in doubt from the beginning and by the end of the first half it looked as though Rochdale were already on the beach

As for Charlton not once did I think we'd win 4-0 until we'd scored the third as we didnt look to be pressing with that much urgency

Pick of the bunch for me though is difficult to choose yet Albie Morgan was involved with both; that pass to Lyle Taylor was pure filth for a kid of his age whilst his involvement for Krystian's was equally good as shows what he can do when under pressure from opposition Defences - Funnily though apart from those incidents there were large periods where I thought the game passed him by and was struggling to be involved at times

It felt as though Rochdale were trying to return the favour of last season (I consider that debt now paid) and am thankful if they were doing that

Thankfully that Josh Parker miss wasnt costly yet just had a feeling at the time as though it would and when Portsmouth equalised really didnt see us getting the fourth!!

Special mention to the three Rochdale players that broke against us in the first half; why the hell did the man on the ball take on the Mountain that is Naby rather than pass to one of his two team mates? - Was comical.
  • Options
    Takes me about 35 mins to Doncaster!
    It takes the rest of us hours......thankfully 
    Quite a nice town actually......some surprisingly very tasty properties there.
    Anyone going up there, to stay over before or after, I recommend a small town called Bawtry, just a few miles south, a pretty and classy little place with some nice pubs and restaurants.
    spot on there soundas - got friends in doncaster we stay with when charlton play there and always go to bawtry - a good night out finishing up at what must be one of the biggest chinese restaurants in the country - looking forward to it already
  • Options
    Rochdale were pathetic. We were good. Nice to be the form team in the play offs.

Anyone else see Lyle Taylor's son go on a George Weah style box to box run to score at the Jimmy Seed end!?!
  • Options
    In amongst the euphoria of finishing third, won't people think of the real problem now?

Poor old @ForeverAddickted now has to produce the fourth and fifth match previews this season for Doncaster Rovers.

Just recycle previous ones, dear boy, we'll understand.

;)
    I dont mind... Something tells me we're into something good!!
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Change the Barnsley defeat to a win, and we get promoted.Small margins.
    Similarly when we drew 4-4 with the scum.  We win that, we go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the momentum we've built up, I feel that we'd have caught Barnsley for 2nd place ..... if we hadn't run out of games!  

• Options
    Anyone there know what Bowyer said ? 
    Yeah he said you as fans have all been incredible and it makes such a difference your support and please just come to the valley one more time this season to cheer us on because it makes an incredible difference and all the players will echo that it’s been incredible. 
  • Options
    Brilliant result. Upset at missing today’s match but months ago I booked for my wife and I to walk the Coast to Coast route from St Bees in Cumbria to Robin Hoods Bay near Scarborough. Currently in Kirkby Stephen. Was constantly looking at the results on my phone in an Indian restaurant early evening hoping we could hang on to third place as now I will be back in time to go to the home game against Doncaster.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Reading this thread back now I caution everybody not to make assumptions regarding Doncaster Rovers.
    Nah. 
    We will batter them.
    Wembley is now ours .
  • Options
    Was Fosu absent from the lap of honour ? I guess we won't see him at the Valley again. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    bbob said:
    Was Fosu absent from the lap of honour ? I guess we won't see him at the Valley again. 
    Yes he was

Could be wrong but didnt see Jake there either
  • Options
    Been to Doncaster away once.  My memories are that town sights were a shopping centre full of £ shops and a roundabout they had named ‘council house roundabout’.. oh, and a 3-0 loss!

those who went, Albie Morgan looked class in the high lights, the ball for Taylors goal and the one to Taylor when Parker hit the post, plus a fierce shot and unlucky not to score - did he play himself ahead of Williams today?
  • Options
    Been to Doncaster away once.  My memories are that town sights were a shopping centre full of £ shops and a roundabout they had named ‘council house roundabout’.. oh, and a 3-0 loss!

those who went, Albie Morgan looked class in the high lights, the ball for Taylors goal and the one to Taylor when Parker hit the post, plus a fierce shot and unlucky not to score - did he play himself ahead of Williams today?
    IMO yes! Has more about his game than Williams! Bring Williams on against a tiring defence and he would cause problems! Like he did against Sunderland on his debut!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:

IMO yes! Has more about his game than Williams! Bring Williams on against a tiring defence and he would cause problems! Like he did against Sunderland on his debut!
    The danger of Morgan starting these games is he still shows weaknesses off the ball - Its okay against your Scunthorpes and Rochdales but the games against Doncaster will be a completely different kettle of fish
  • Options
    We were hanging on away at doncaster in the end so they are no mugs but we dominated for the first half hour and i fancy us against anybody now with cullen and bielik in central midfield. We can do this and if we could keep hold of them and our other top players and add an extra quality striker to play off taylor i see no reason why we couldn't have a crack at going up again next year -  sheffield utd have proven there ain't that much too be scared of in the championship
  • Options

Soundasa£ is going to get upset mate. 

Albie Morgan played some very very good football and his cross ball for I think the Taylor goal would have been, if we hadn’t already won, a match winner 😜
  • Options
    Brilliant result. Upset at missing today’s match but months ago I booked for my wife and I to walk the Coast to Coast route from St Bees in Cumbria to Robin Hoods Bay near Scarborough. Currently in Kirkby Stephen. Was constantly looking at the results on my phone in an Indian restaurant early evening hoping we could hang on to third place as now I will be back in time to go to the home game against Doncaster.
    Kirkby Stephen is nice. If you’re looking for a place to drink/ eat, Bay Horse in Winton does great food!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Ahh the old borough council office used to be called 'Council House' and at the end of that street, College Road' is indeed a roundabout. It's now based in the new Waterdale Centre.

As for Bawtry for nights out it is an out of town village a bit more up market than much of Donny. its not too far from The Keepmoat, probably 5 miles just past Donny airport.
  • Options
    A happy valley again with another 4-0.
    88 points is a fantastic return and we are the form team going  into the Play-offs.

Bizarrely playing Doncaster who just finished above the posh is probably harder than Sunderland who have been on a terrible run. 

So many players on top of their game and young Morgan and Dijksteel don't look out of place. The only negative is despite putting in a shift Parker just isn't good enough. If Igor isn't fit we have a major problem who plays up front alongside Taylor.
    We have now won 6 on the spin at home,
    Let's make it 7 after an away draw at Donny.

• Options
    Quite a few Donny fans counting their chickens already on their forum - let's not do the same. I'm sure Lee will keep the lads level-headed.
  • Options
    Takes me about 35 mins to Doncaster!
    Can we all stay at your place?