Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Plymouth v Scunthorpe

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    No excuse. The injured keeper had signalled to all and made it clear he was going to throw the ball out of play.
    Other Scunthorpe players around the box were evidently aware and turned away.

Morris, he chased and retrieved the ball as it was about to go out of play.
    It appears he knew what he was doing. Crass lack of sportsmanship.

The referee seemed to be aware too.
    But as the ball hadn't actually gone out of play, he didn't stop the game.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    No excuse. The injured keeper had signalled to all and made it clear he was going to throw the ball out of play.

The ref could have blown his whistle before the ball went in as he has the right to stop play for serious injuries
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

The ref could have blown his whistle before the ball went in as he has the right to stop play for serious injuries
    It wasn't a "serious" injury.  
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:

It was serious enough for him to go off.
  • Options
    It wasnt serious enough to his immediate health though

i.e. a Referee would only usually stop the game for a head injury or if its extremely nasty like a leg break
  • Options

i.e. a Referee would only usually stop the game for a head injury or if its extremely nasty like a leg break
    The referee stopped our match on Saturday, and it wasn't a head injury or break
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Oggy Red said:

It was serious enough for him to go off.
    Not serious enough for him to stand, unaided, and throw the ball.  I can't see a circumstance where the ref would see that and immediately blow up for a serious injury. 
  • Options

For an outfield player i agree but if the keeper tries to throw or kick ball out of play then referee normally uses common sense. unless it's Dillon and then he wouldn't know if he meant it or not  ;)
  • Options
    Whatever the circumstance and whatever is at stake it was unsporting what Scunthorphe done. Pro footballers doing that really saddens me.You're taught when young to play a game and not cheat and always shake opponents hands at the end of a match win or lose. Why should this change as you get older or turn pro? Also their manager could of intervened and let Plymouth have a goal back, as the Leeds manager did, but he chose not to.
    Money in Football is the root cause of all the problems - Everyone seems to forget all morales when its involved
    The Leeds manager did not forget his morales. So for that i applaud him even though it cost his team.
    It’s a bit easier when they already knew they were in the Playoffs. These two were in a final day scrap for survival