Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

male bonding thread: cutthroat razors

OK gillette have decided to phase out the trusted countour II with lubrastrip, and frankly I can't be doing with all the crap they shove out nowadays, plus its got to be bad for the environment. So should I get a real razor, what are the pittfalls, has anyone tried one or use on currently?

Comments

• Options
    The Gillette 5 blader is the absolute mutts nuts mate - i get quite a heavy stubble and that is the best BY far.

I would loved to use a real one but toooooooooo scared
  • Options
    Better to splash out and get an old fashioned barber to do a hot towell and shave.

PS make sure there isn't a pie shop next door.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]OK gillette have decided to phase out the trusted countour II with lubrastrip, and frankly I can't be doing with all the crap they shove out nowadays, plus its got to be bad for the environment. So should I get a real razor, what are the pittfalls, has anyone tried one or use on currently?

You want to use a cut throat razor, you are insane & a braver man than me. Would like to try it once being done by someone who does it for a living yes, but doing it yourself......no way.
  • Options
    Throat - Cut - Blood - Death
  • Options
    Real men use them (apparently) and they are supposed to be the best shave.
  • Options
    go for it big boy, what's the worst that can happen :-)

i couldn't even trust myself with a bic, let alone a cut-throater !
  • Options
    When i wake up hungover in the morning and need a shave before i go to work the last thing i need is the sharpest object in the world pressing against a vital area of my anatomy (no, not down there)
  • Options
    edited June 2007
    just found you can buy them on AMAZON (contour Plus).. although bizzarrely you have to be over 18 to buy them!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Real men use them (apparently) and they are supposed to be the best shave.

Lies, real men don't shave.
  • Options
    lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of SE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]Real men use them (apparently) and they are supposed to be the best shave.

Lies, real men don't shave.

thi sis true! real men have beards!
  • Options
    Real men shave by wrestling with Grizzly bears every morning wearing their stubble down on its claws.

Can a take a while though, so you'll probably have to get up earlier.

Tigers are a viable alternative, but they can be moody in the morning so you may have to go several days with a beard.

Another option is to befriend Zorro - a duel first thing thing in the morning and with his close sword control he could slice off your stubble and not leave a scratch.
  • Options
    Think i might still have my cut throat from the 70's.. a must for away games!