Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Interesting" Tweet from Thomas Driesen

Comments

• Options
    I think Taylor also wanted to play for Bowyer
  • Options
    I remember reading recently that we are paying a small fraction of Bielik’s wages. 

The big wage earners must be the championship player:

Vetokele
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Solly (maybe)

After that aren’t most people on league one wages? 
    Pearce signed a new deal a year after he originally signed, I imagine that bumped it up.

Indeed curiously, 4 of our highest paid players will be defenders - Bauer, Sarr, Solly and Pearce - which goes against conventional wisdom!

Reeves is probably on a decent for L1 salary, when you consider how hard it was to sign him and the other options he was weighing up
  • Options
    I remember reading recently that we are paying a small fraction of Bielik’s wages. 

Vetokele
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Solly (maybe)

Pearce signed a new deal a year after he originally signed, I imagine that bumped it up.

Indeed curiously, 4 of our highest paid players will be defenders - Bauer, Sarr, Solly and Pearce - which goes against conventional wisdom!

Reeves is probably on a decent for L1 salary, when you consider how hard it was to sign him and the other options he was weighing up
    And Marshall, Bradford offered him their highest wages they ever had, outside of the premier league. So I heard. 
  • Options
    Ajose is on a lot for a few more weeks.
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

Vetokele
    Bauer
    Sarr
    Solly (maybe)

I’d be surprised if Taylor turned down Sunderland if we only offered league 1 wages 
    Wasn't that more to do with location than wages though? I thought Taylor wanted to stay local i'm sure I read somewhere.
    Lyle talked about in a recent interview... Felt that the board were taking the piss a little bit

i.e. He wanted a small bonus and apparently they made a comment about him paying them if he didnt achieve it
  • Options
    Isn't Ajose on books for another year?
  • Options
    Isn't Ajose on books for another year?
    No, he signed a 3 year deal with us in 2016.
  • Options
    If hcan make to the final without being worried about his safety then RD is talking sh*T about hs own safety. Him getting his hands on that trophy is worrying me.
  • Options
    Has anyone checked E Bay?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Managers should not get final say on transfers. Its not that they dont have the quality of scouting, they just dont have the time to do it thoroughly. They are focused on a million other things, they make irrational decisions. There are exceptions though, 1 in 10. <a href="https://t.co/C1DEp8V5Ti">https://t.co/C1DEp8V5Ti</a></p>&mdash; Thomas Driesen (@ThomasDriesen10) <a href="">May 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have replied, suggesting that not all his decisions have been exactly rational! I now expect to be blocked!
    Only one man in the world seems to think anything this idiot says is worth listening to ...
  • Options

Thomas Driesen has 284 Twitter followers which suggests that rather than being an expert on transfers he is no more than a sad computer geek who got lucky persuading a sad, lonely Belgian millionaire that he was something special
  • Options
    miserable little parasite can go do himself a proper nasty
    surprised his mum let him stay out so late so far from home where she has to blow his nose and wipe his bum
    horrible little scab I wouldn't piss on him if he caught alight
    I know that 'trophy' is a tacky bit of tin but it'll need a proper disinfection after the greasy little onanist has smeared all over it
    Can't let him or his abhorrent overlord take the shine off our weekend or season, may they both rot
  • Options
    Maybe if he saw Roland, at the very least he may have told Roland to get Bowyer and his team signed up straight away. That is if he knows the slightest thing about football. They must already be signed then! Phew!!!!
  • Options
    I don't do Twitter, but if anyone does and hasn't yet been blocked by him, please point out the irony in the fact that holding the trophy was only possible because he, his compatriots, and his paymaster got us unnecessarily relegated in the first place. 
  • Options
    Would much rather see him deep cleaned. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Following him on Twitter he quite creepily "likes" a lot of tweets from our young female fans, it's like he doesn't know we can see it - super unprofessional.
    @Oh_Yoni_Boy

Just seen this and looked into his 'likes'. You're right, there seems to be a handful of our young female fans, none of whom follow him, but creepily he follows them and 'likes' a lot of there tweets, not even football related tweets, same girls again too.

Then when you look at some of the stuff he follows
    - Scout-A-Champ (@scout_champs) Africa's foremost football networking platform! Where champions are born...
    - All kinds of weird looking online games
    - Loads of accounts related to Bitcoin and other stupid online currency's

I really can't believe how creepy and weird this guy is and how he's been stealing a living for so long at our club. I want him gone first thing before a takeover's even been announced on the OS.

• Options
    Perhaps @Ollywozere can answer this ... was he part of the celebration party at the team hotel or wherever it was the club celebrated? If so, how did he get invited? Is he on the payroll?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Perhaps @Ollywozere can answer this ... was he part of the celebration party at the team hotel or wherever it was the club celebrated? If so, how did he get invited? Is he on the payroll?
    Its in the same place/same carpet as the official after party.......
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    He looks like he thinks he’s holding a lyre or his favourite cat or something, the stupid, stupid boy. That is so not the way to hold a football cup, unless there’s something wrong with you.
    What a muppet.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Seed, Lawrence, Curbs, Bowyer.

None has big budgets but instead relied on good scouts and their own judgement (Curbs had watched Darren Bent 15 times) to bring in players with the right skills to fit into the side with the right CHARACTER.

More money = more success!  Well, none of needed a chart to show a correlation there but the best managers buck that trend.

Fergie had great success at Aberdeen before United.

And a director of football is just as likely to get it wrong as a manager.

What is needed is a clear, medium term plan and a skilled team of scouts and coaches, who trust each other, to implement it. Could be a manager who has the final say or a DOF but there has to be a clear plan.

Hence why Wolves worked and Fulham didn't.

Gallen and Bowyer fit the bill. They don't need Driesen. He brings nothing.

Bowyer as manager doesn't do it all, as Driesen says. He works with people with the right skills and experience that he trusts. Gallen has his scouts, Avory and Euell know the kids, Lee has other contacts.

Seed had Angus Seed, his brother to scout in the north east. It is nothing new.

All the data in the world doesn't replace knowing what you are talking about.

Anthony Seed ran the scouting operation, not Angus. Angus helped out, as a lower league manager. 

As I typed it I couldn't remember if it was Anthony or Angus and I would have got away with if it wasn't for you!
    But despite that shocking blunder, you’re still connected to the museum. 
    Resign!
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    _MrDick said:
    Its in the same place/same carpet as the official after party.......
    And as you can see he's surrounded by his friends. 
    His ability to wind up people with a posed photo is customary, as I'm sure he's aware. Whoever is running the show should get him to quietly to wind his neck in, remember being half term he would have been allowed to stay up a little later and he probably had a baby ham or two. 
  • Options

Does anyone know who scouted Patrick Bauer?

I remember reading that we were looking at another player in a certain game but Bauer caught the eye and the attention switched to him.

• Options

Well, seeing this ruined my day, might as well share the hate.
    The more I look at that photo, the more I am convinced that it is Photoshopped. If I had to guess, I would say that was Solly's body. The answer may lie in any photos that emerge from the Hotel Celebration Party showing what each player was wearing.