Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Received a text message from the club

2»

Comments

• Options
    Last text message I got, ref:the club.
    "See you at 2.00, love Tom" 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Yes, there’s been a surge of buffoons wanting to ensure they can get seats to see a managerless U18 side get spanked every week...
    Or, there’s ben a surge of fans realising that despite the doom mongers rolling out the same crap every year to try and justify their own misery things having been looking up and £210 and £355 for a season in the Covered End is extremely good value ?

What exactly is looking up about having no manager and a squad of kids? What would it take for you to accept RD is bad for our club?
    Last time I looked we had a manager and whilst they all look youthful compared to me I wouldn’t describe the players as kids...
    You're aware that the manager, his assistant and about 15 of the squad don't have contracts for next season yes?
    So what’s new ? We don’t know which division we will
    be in next season so why do contracts need to be sorted out now ?
    Yeah you're right. Why on earth would we want to get the manager and his assistant signed up to new deals so they can start planning for the new season. What a stupid idea that'd be.

Why would we bother signing up key players like Aribo just because we don't know what division we'll be in, that'd be silly wouldn't it? 

You can bet your life that the likes of Pompey and Sunderland have a list of targets drawn up (one list for league one, another list for championship).
    So are you saying Bowyer and co won’t have a list of targets yet ? 
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Yes, there’s been a surge of buffoons wanting to ensure they can get seats to see a managerless U18 side get spanked every week...
    Or, there’s ben a surge of fans realising that despite the doom mongers rolling out the same crap every year to try and justify their own misery things having been looking up and £210 and £355 for a season in the Covered End is extremely good value ?

What exactly is looking up about having no manager and a squad of kids? What would it take for you to accept RD is bad for our club?
    Last time I looked we had a manager and whilst they all look youthful compared to me I wouldn’t describe the players as kids...
    You're aware that the manager, his assistant and about 15 of the squad don't have contracts for next season yes?
    Yeah you're right. Why on earth would we want to get the manager and his assistant signed up to new deals so they can start planning for the new season. What a stupid idea that'd be.

Why would we bother signing up key players like Aribo just because we don't know what division we'll be in, that'd be silly wouldn't it? 

You can bet your life that the likes of Pompey and Sunderland have a list of targets drawn up (one list for league one, another list for championship).
    More than likely two lists, one showing the fees against players names for the proper club they’ll be working at

and a fag packet list of ne’erdowells just on the off chance they’re left rotting in this shitshow. 
    You enjoy the games though yeah
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Your logic is dont stress about resiging players... so why would Bowyer whos had a shit offer of his own be preparing for next season with a list of targets ? priority is always re signing what you already have as they are technically free players.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We’ve had a great season, the manager, one of our former players, Lee Bowyer and his coaching team who include very popular former players are performing wonders, the players we have are amazing at times and singling any one out would be hard other than we’ve got a striker that’s got over 20 goals already, the football is often a joy a watch, we are winning games, were in good form going into the playoffs and we are in touching distance of a game at Wembley and promotion, the support at home is great, the vocal support away is amazing and there’s a dirt cheap season ticket opportunity and some people just want to bang on about how bad it’s all going to get...I guess it’s lucky we haven’t  had a bad season...
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We’ve had a great season, the manager, one of our former players, Lee Bowyer and his coaching team who include very popular former players are performing wonders, the players we have are amazing at times and singling any one out would be hard other than we’ve got a striker that’s got over 20 goals already, the football is often a joy a watch, we are winning games, were in good form going into the playoffs and we are in touching distance of a game at Wembley and promotion, the support at home is great, the vocal support away is amazing and there’s a dirt cheap season ticket opportunity and some people just want to bang on about how bad it’s all going to get...I guess it’s lucky we haven’t  had a bad season...
    I think you are deliberately missing the bigger picture .
    Bowyer out of contract in a few weeks. 
    Most of our better players are on loan and will be leaving in a few weeks .
    About ten of our squad out of contract in a few weeks. 
    And Roland is still here.
    Not quite as rosy as you try to paint it.
    But ultimately not too different to this point last year. Bowyer was only a temporary manager and there was again squad uncertainty about this season, with expectations of mass sell offs and a side that would be in the bottom half fighting relegation (plus a whole host of extra panicking
     about not having a CEO, Finance Officer etc).

The reality was Bowyer eventually becoming permanent manager and a squad assembled superior to last season. 

Not saying that is going to happen but you can’t definitely say it won’t either. So I see absolute zero point in worrying about it at the moment and with such a crucial few weeks ahead it’s possibly unhelpful to achieving a promotional goal by keep highlighting such aspects.

We all know what the situation is and it’s not now going to change in the next few weeks. Let’s give everything to being a 12th man for these games and then focus on the off field stuff.

surely that makes sense, no? 

(Not aimed at you @blackpool72)
  • Options

Of course he is. He is fulfilling his role.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    But ultimately not too different to this point last year. Bowyer was only a temporary manager and there was again squad uncertainty about this season, with expectations of mass sell offs and a side that would be in the bottom half fighting relegation (plus a whole host of extra panicking

The reality was Bowyer eventually becoming permanent manager and a squad assembled superior to last season. 

Not saying that is going to happen but you can’t definitely say it won’t either. So I see absolute zero point in worrying about it at the moment and with such a crucial few weeks ahead it’s possibly unhelpful to achieving a promotional goal by keep highlighting such aspects.

We all know what the situation is and it’s not now going to change in the next few weeks. Let’s give everything to being a 12th man for these games and then focus on the off field stuff.

I’m surprised at this. So just because this has become “the norm” at this basket case of a club we should just accept it?

Players always come and go, but as we have very amply demonstrated these past few years, getting an even semi competent manager on board is much more difficult. 

Bowyers stock will have risen this year and quite frankly the club is barking mad to be going into May with no deal in place. But then we know they’re mad anyway, so maybe we just shrug and accept it as the norm?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many other managers have been rewarded with a permanent contract of 9 months?
  • Options
    Not received a single text message or email from them since I told them the club will not have success whilst Roland and Katrien are here.

Half of that double act has gone, the other half needs to go. I just hope we can have a bit of success on the pitch at the end of this season. Even with it having nothing to do with him.
  • Options

But it's the same as last season Roland has sold us short.
    90% of us on Charlton life knew we were short up front knowing an injury or suspension to grant or Taylor would scupper our hopes.
    Taylor got a 3 match ban and we then took was it 4 from 12 points in February.
    I'm sitting here now thinking considering Clarke and fosu didn't play a part this season we've had a brilliant season.
    B@llocks to that though if we had had decent back up for the front 2 we'd be a point or 2 off automatic.
    And if we go up is he going to stick another 20 million on the asking price
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Or, there’s been a surge of fans realising that despite the doom mongers rolling out the same crap every year to try and justify their own misery things having been looking up and £210 and £355 for a season in the Covered End is extremely good value ?

Ever the apologist.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Quality wumming here.
  • Options
    Not had a text, email or letter from the club and don’t expect to either. I don’t need to be reminded of the good value a season ticket is but I do think some people might need reminding why they are being targeted with mail shots.
    No one is going to convince me that we, as a club, are heading in the right direction, we’re not. Nothing has changed apart from the old fool getting lucky with a temporary management team which looks like it is to become a temporary management team again in a few weeks time. If I were a player, agent, coach or manager I would be looking after my own interests, I doubt our clubs staff or their agents are any different.
    If and it is a big if, we get promoted we will probably be short of a full team  of players and maybe a management team. If we don’t reach the promised land of second tier football we will probably be in the worst place possible, with vindictive old git of an owner looking to sell anything that isn’t bolted down while still wanting his money, that he and no one else has wasted, back in full.
    This league is not our natural level and I won’t be told otherwise, it’s rubbish and knocking over clubs week in week out should be like kicking puppies to a club the size of ours. But if some like what they are about to stump up for in advance, good for them, you’ve been duped for another season.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Off_it said:

I’m surprised at this. So just because this has become “the norm” at this basket case of a club we should just accept it?

Players always come and go, but as we have very amply demonstrated these past few years, getting an even semi competent manager on board is much more difficult. 

Bowyers stock will have risen this year and quite frankly the club is barking mad to be going into May with no deal in place. But then we know they’re mad anyway, so maybe we just shrug and accept it as the norm?
    I think you need to reread what AFKA said, because he never said we need to accept the situation.
    The important part was -

"So I see absolute zero point in worrying about it at the moment and with such a crucial few weeks ahead it’s possibly unhelpful to achieving a promotional goal by keep highlighting such aspects.

We all know what the situation is and it’s not now going to change in the next few weeks. Let’s give everything to being a 12th man for these games and then focus on the off field stuff."

I agree with AFKA. We need to get behind Lee, JJ & the players.
    They 100% deserve it.

Worry about Bowyer's contract if it hasn't been resolved in a few weeks.
    We all know it's an outrage, but whinging on here is not helpful for the next few weeks.
    I'm certain Bowyer wants us to back the players not whinge about his lack of a contract.

PS No one is being duped about supporting their team.
    I support the team through thick and thin and it never has and likely never will depend on who is the owner, manager or other considerations.

If you don't want to do that, it's absolutely fine as well. Surely everyone understands after 5 years ?

• Options
    If we fail to get promoted via the play-offs we will really see some doom and gloom as what's left of the club finally falls apart. We shouldn't express any surprise because the writing has been on the wall since 2016. In the circumstances it's astounding that soon to be out of contract, Lee Bowyer, has managed to keep our season going this long.

I think the mesage is that season tickets might not look such good value if that happens. Still, those who have renewed already don't care because they support the club irrespective of how it's run or how they are treated as customers.
  • Options
    Also sold another striker in Grant for a relative pittance from under said manager's nose in the January window without providing adequate replacement funds.

Who knows, had we had an owner with an ounce of football ambition or more than 2% interest we might have even secured autos.

Let's not forget the Da Vinchi code contract he's "offered" Bowyer and the shambolic and bullshit he's stringing along re the supposed sale and you'll understand concerns over the ownership and damage it does long term is perpetual as long as it remains. Our relative success this season is in spite of it and absolutely meaningless if we fail in the playoffs with a squad and management team out of contract and a disinterested owner hanging on like he is.

The equivalent of coming home to find the milk man and window cleaner leaving your bedroom each lunchtime  but pointing out how wonderful it is because the patio doors are sparkling, the fridge is stocked up with full cream and the other half has never been happier.

Accept it of course, and as AFKA points out no point dwelling on it but it's utterly predictable what will unfold and it's all so unavoidable had it not been for the arrogance, stubborness and complete disinterest of the fool toying with our great club.
    I do recs with an owner with an ounce of foootball ambition & more than 2% interest...we would have not just made the autos,we would have pissed it & gone up as champs...(& that could have been also said when we were in the Championship,anyone but fookin Roly Douchetwat,anyone...sigh...!!!)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd change my number.....
  • Options
    Just received my third text of the past week from the ticket office stating I have not yet renewed.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Just received my third text of the past week from the ticket office stating I have not yet renewed.
    Me too. 
    Let em wait