Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheffield United....

Comments

• Oliver Norwood has now been promoted to the Premier League for the third season in a row. Initially as a Brighton player, then on loan at Fulham, then this season on loan and then permanently for Sheffield United.

Quiz question for the future!

• Maybe he can join us next season?
  • Norwich and sheff united to come back down will be my punt next season. 

Norwich and sheff united to come back down will be my punt next season. 
    21 years since both automatic teams have been relegated in the same season after being promoted to the Premier League. 
  • I like Sheffield United, their ground is one of my favourites in the Football League. They get a great atmosphere there when it’s full. The noise when they scored against us in that quarter final was unreal. 
  • If I was pricing up next season I would have Brighton at the same price as the other promoted teams to be relegated. Major clear out needed down there and they’ve wasted so much money. 
  • Ross said:

Oliver Norwood has now been promoted to the Premier League for the third season in a row. Initially as a Brighton player, then on loan at Fulham, then this season on loan and then permanently for Sheffield United.

Upper Norwood.
  • I'd forgotten that Dean Henderson was on loan at Shrewsbury last season. One way or another he'll be a PL player next season, either at Man U or out on loan at Sheffield United again.
  • Well done the Blades. Proper club, all British/Irish players. No big time charlies, and hopefully they'll give West Ham a good hiding when they meet up for old times sake.
    The tough bit will be strengthening the squad without disrupting this spirit. I imagine they'll be raiding the Championship like Burnley and Bournemouth have tended to do
  • I'd forgotten that Dean Henderson was on loan at Shrewsbury last season. One way or another he'll be a PL player next season, either at Man U or out on loan at Sheffield United again.
    Another one who could well be knocking on the door for the Euros next summer
  • bobmunro said:
    I'm entertaining in the box on Sunday - one United, one Wednesday. Good job they're friends!
    That’ll make your eyes water
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:

Oliver Norwood has now been promoted to the Premier League for the third season in a row. Initially as a Brighton player, then on loan at Fulham, then this season on loan and then permanently for Sheffield United.

Matt Connolly has been promoted from Champ to Prem with four different clubs .. three on trot in first place then as a runner up one season later .. stats taken from wiki 

Queens Park Rangers

Reading

Cardiff City

Watford

• Football League Championship runner-up: 2014–15

• Ross said:

Wasn't Norwood at Reading too in the past? He may even have been promoted with them to make it four clubs. He played against us when we won 1-0 at Reading when Igor was in his pomp.
  • fulham spent an absolute fortune - disregarded the squad that got them up and now will expect them to try for promotion again.

Cardiff was always going to be a miracle if they stayed up the tragery of sala added to this but they knew from the off it was a tall ask. 

next season i can see Southampton and Brighton struggling again - can see hughton getting sacked before the end of next season. 

Cardiff are not down yet
    Need to beat both Palace and Man Utd to survive

Even then it wont be enough if Brighton can somehow beat either Arsenal or Man City

Adele has not started singing yet
  • Indeed, and with a shitload of cash! Cardiff and Fulham are more relevant examples...

I thought Fulham spent some £100 million though?
  • If I was pricing up next season I would have Brighton at the same price as the other promoted teams to be relegated. Major clear out needed down there and they’ve wasted so much money. 
    I am not disputing this because I do not follow the Prem that closely and you are probably correct, but who have Brighton wasted money on?
  • LenGlover said:
    Ross said:

Wasn't Norwood at Reading too in the past? He may even have been promoted with them to make it four clubs. He played against us when we won 1-0 at Reading when Igor was in his pomp.
    Yes he was with Reading but wasnt part of one of their promotion sides
    I am not disputing this because I do not follow the Prem that closely and you are probably correct, but who have Brighton wasted money on?
    Locadia, Jahanbaksh and Bissouma cost them about 45m.

Although they're staying up, so maybe they didn't waste it that much.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_Brighton_%26_Hove_Albion_F.C._season#Transfers_in

These are their transfers. Don't think any of them have been a massive success, most of their best players have been there for a while
  • This wally loves him so much he's got a tattoo of Wilder on his hand.  Some people...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49390449
  • Any more predictions, Man City to win the league?
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    This wally loves him so much he's got a tattoo of Wilder on his hand.  Some people...

I hope he’s not left handed, imagine having Wilder looking at him every time he cracked one off.
  • will always prefer them to the "massives"
  • Curb_It said:
    This wally loves him so much he's got a tattoo of Wilder on his hand.  Some people...

I hope he’s not left handed, imagine having Wilder looking at him every time he cracked one off.
    Might be why he had the tattoo put on his hand...
  • just one change from the regular side put out last season .. they are 'doing a Bournemouth' .. just shows what a hard working team with a good manager working out the optimum tactics for them can achieve .. still early days of course
  • Curb_It said:

Probably enjoys it all the more.
  • edited September 2019
    Chizz said:
    Good to see that a member of the huge ruling family of such an enlightened, tolerant nation, with such a wonderful human rights record (a negative one that is) as Saudi Arabia has taken control of one of England's oldest and most respected clubs. 
    His bonus structure is set out following the outlines of sharia law .. for every lost game each player forfeits a finger or thumb, more than ten losses ? .. toes are the next to go .. relegation ? .. the entire squad and management team are beheaded in a mass execution in the Bramall Lane centre circle .. Leeds and Owls supporters can get into this spectacle (if it occurs) free of charge, all others seeking a seat must pay and pay and pay ..
    (another example of 'Selling England by the Pound')