Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Play-off ticket information

Comments

• Options
    Pompey losing, Sunderland winning. Sunderland now 3rd and Pompey 4th.

Play off semi against Pompey instead, anyone?

As it stands if Pompey lose tonight and then again on Saturday or draw and we win by a few to pip them on GD I actually wouldn't be too opposed to a 12.15pm Sunday kick off at Pompey. Not as though the early start would make much difference in terms of travelling the early kick off would hopefully dampen the Pompey atmosphere a bit too. Can only hope.
  • Options
    Both teams lost !!!  More permutations than the England ODI team. 

• Options
    Don't think 3rd will happen. Pompey don't lose 2 at home on the trot......but can see Sunderland only getting a point at Southend. We MUST do the business on Saturday. 
  • Options
    Don't think 3rd will happen. Pompey don't lose 2 at home on the trot......but can see Sunderland only getting a point at Southend. We MUST do the business on Saturday. 
    Think it will be similar to 09/10 season. Remember being in the away end at Oldham and the league positions changed throughout the game. Think we were 2nd for about 10 minutes. We won 2-0 but ultimately others also got the results they needed so we ended up with Swindon in the play offs. 
  • Options
    Think it will be similar to 09/10 season. Remember being in the away end at Oldham and the league positions changed throughout the game. Think we were 2nd for about 10 minutes. We won 2-0 but ultimately others also got the results they needed so we ended up with Swindon in the play offs. 
    And we all know how that ended :-(
  • Options

As it stands if Pompey lose tonight and then again on Saturday or draw and we win by a few to pip them on GD I actually wouldn't be too opposed to a 12.15pm Sunday kick off at Pompey. Not as though the early start would make much difference in terms of travelling the early kick off would hopefully dampen the Pompey atmosphere a bit too. Can only hope.
    Been on the Sunderland message boards. It appears that there is a 10k run in Sunderland on the sunday & roads around the SOL will be shut. If we happen to come 4th & Sunderland 5th then I think we'll be playing them up there on the Saturday. 
  • Options

Been on the Sunderland message boards. It appears that there is a 10k run in Sunderland on the sunday & roads around the SOL will be shut. If we happen to come 4th & Sunderland 5th then I think we'll be playing them up there on the Saturday. 
    You couldn't make it up! 
  • Options

Perfect
  • Options

Perfect
    Probably explains why there's virtually zero hotel availability in Newcastle, Sunderland or anywhere within a 25 mile radius on the Saturday night. Could really do with not being up there on Saturday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    so if we get 4th and sunderland 5th games are likely to be sol 7.30pm saturday 11th may and the valley 7.45pm thursday 16th may? if think that is probably the perfect fixtures for Sunderland, can see them not winning on saturday as southend are fighting for survival also the hectic schedule is catching up with them. 

they have the biggest wage budget in the league so i think a few of there fans are started to get a bit pissed. 
  • Options
    Is it even possible to get a train home to London after a night game at Sunderland?
  • Options
    Is it even possible to get a train home to London after a night game at Sunderland?
    No,last train on Mon-fri 20.33,last train Saturday night 18.29.
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    nope ( last train leaving sunderland to get into london would be 6.20pm taking 4hrs ) either stay overnight, drive 5h 5m ( from the valley ), club coach would be only options. 
  • Options
    Coach from London Victoria is about £23 return. About 7hrs from memory as it has a couple of stops.
  • Options
    Do we know what the kick-off times are for both legs assuming it stays the same?
  • Options
    7.30pm saturday 11th
    and
    7.45pm thursday 16th

or

12.15 sunday 12th
    and 
    7.45pm friday 17th

• Options
    If we get Pompey, Donny or Peterborough in the playoffs we should tell them they can have the same number of tickets for the game at the Valley as they give us for the game at their ground but if it’s at the SOL at a time that means Charlton fans are unable to get a train home then we don’t want any tickets and Sunderland can’t have any tickets for game at the Valley.
  • Options
    The other thing to remember is that the Thurs/Friday game MIGHT involve ET and penalties so it could be way after 10 before it finishes 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    7.30pm saturday 11th
    and
    7.45pm thursday 16th

or

12.15 sunday 12th
    and 
    7.45pm friday 17th

Cheers
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Perfect
    Probably explains why there's virtually zero hotel availability in Newcastle, Sunderland or anywhere within a 25 mile radius on the Saturday night. Could really do with not being up there on Saturday night.

All those hotel rooms are booked by the people running in the 10k? You sure?
  • Options
    Try airb&b 
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    MrLargo said:

Perfect

I've no idea mate. I've got rooms booked in nice hotels in Newcastle City Centre with free cancellation for about £70 for a twin for Thursday 16th and Friday 17th. For whatever reason, Newcastle, Sunderland and anywhere else within a 20 mile radius on Saturday 11th is either fully booked or costs £350 upwards. If it's not the run then something else must be happening in the area that weekend - Hotels.com says 93% booked for that night. All I can find is Hartlepool or the odd place out in the sticks. 
  • Options
    Tried AirBNB?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    colthe3rd said:
    MrLargo said:

Perfect

I've no idea mate. I've got rooms booked in nice hotels in Newcastle City Centre with free cancellation for about £70 for a twin for Thursday 16th and Friday 17th. For whatever reason, Newcastle, Sunderland and anywhere else within a 20 mile radius on Saturday 11th is either fully booked or costs £350 upwards. If it's not the run then something else must be happening in the area that weekend - Hotels.com says 93% booked for that night. All I can find is Hartlepool or the odd place out in the sticks. 

I think it's more likely that people are doing what you have and booking free cancellation rooms on the chance us or another teams fan's have to be in Sunderland that weekend. AFAIK the Sunderland 10K doesn't draw a crowd like the London Marathon.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Perfect
    It's the rugby Heineken Cup Final at St James Park on the Saturday too - so 50k rugby fans in town!
  • Options
    a good 10 miles between Newcastle and Sunderland - the Rugby shouldn't have an effect on the football?
  • Options
    a good 10 miles between Newcastle and Sunderland - the Rugby shouldn't have an effect on the football?
    It means Newcastle hotels are full, though.
  • Options
    Most fans will stay in Newcastle rather than Sunderland, much nicer place and an easy journey on the Metro