Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Play-off ticket information

Comments

• MrLargo said:
    Organising special trains is pretty difficult these days, especially with short notice?
    MrLargo has contacts at South Eastern, he is always emailing them and on the phone. He will sort it. 
    Organising special trains at short notice?! They can't even organise normal trains at long notice. And their trains can't make it from Sidcup up to London without having a shit-yer-pants meltdown due to the points/signals at Lewisham, I can hardly see one of them making it all the way to Sunderland, it would almost certainly collapse in the style of a clown's car somewhere between Finsbury Park and Welwyn Garden City.

Also Mike, on a much more serious note, I believe that most, if not all, sections of the line between London and the North East are powered by overhead pantograph rather than a third rail, meaning that South Eastern's dated, poorly maintained, unreliable fleet wouldn't be compatible with the lines on that route. #properCharlton

In short, I'm afraid that, even if you put aside South Eastern's comprehensive inability to run trains, this idea is still a complete non-starter. Nevertheless, I will give them a ring when I get home, just to make sure that they haven't forgotten that I hate them, and to check that they received the last "gift" that I send through the post.  
    Seriously impressed with that statement Mr L, you know your trains.
    Proper Charlton
  • CatAddick said:
    Flybe from Southampton but not particularly friendly schedule (and price similar to train)
    Not sure too many will travel down to Southampton to then get the flight up.
    Maybe not, but it’s MY closest airport with scheduled flights :-)
  • hawksmoor said:
    Can't make the effin' Saturday if it is rescheduled.
    Neither can I unfortunately, but it's looking more likely than the Sunday presuming we get Sunderland
  • MrLargo said:
    Organising special trains is pretty difficult these days, especially with short notice?
    MrLargo has contacts at South Eastern, he is always emailing them and on the phone. He will sort it. 
    Organising special trains at short notice?! They can't even organise normal trains at long notice. And their trains can't make it from Sidcup up to London without having a shit-yer-pants meltdown due to the points/signals at Lewisham, I can hardly see one of them making it all the way to Sunderland, it would almost certainly collapse in the style of a clown's car somewhere between Finsbury Park and Welwyn Garden City.

Also Mike, on a much more serious note, I believe that most, if not all, sections of the line between London and the North East are powered by overhead pantograph rather than a third rail, meaning that South Eastern's dated, poorly maintained, unreliable fleet wouldn't be compatible with the lines on that route. #properCharlton

In short, I'm afraid that, even if you put aside South Eastern's comprehensive inability to run trains, this idea is still a complete non-starter. Nevertheless, I will give them a ring when I get home, just to make sure that they haven't forgotten that I hate them, and to check that they received the last "gift" that I send through the post.  
    And the section of track to Sunderland isn't electrified at all. Sunderland station is electrified but to a unique system for the Tyne and Wear metro #evenmoreproperCharlton
  • se9addick said:
    Can you get back to London from Sunderland by train after a 7:45/8pm kick off or is it a staying over job (preferably in Newcastle)?
    Darlington's a good night out.
  • We should sell out any of these, Barnsley we would get about 6k so might be more of an issue

This has got to be up there with the most important/needed promotions in our history so I’d like to think 22k plus at home and as many as we get away.
    Won't get 22k at home. Surely all the protesters & boycotters will stay away. 
    This boycotter will be staying at home. NAPM. And for good measure I won’t go to the final either 😉
    Me too Large. No return until the stain has been removed.
  • cabbles said:
    I literally couldn't do Sunderland away on a midweek night on a coach.......would be like some form of torture.
    You’re looking at this completely the wrong way.  Let me sit you down and talk you through why you are wrong 

you meet up, at the valley cafe an hour before coach departure time (if the valley is your pick up point).  An hour’s frivolities, listening to musings from the coach regulars.

we depart, everyone in high spirits.  Soft banter.  

We get further into the journey, what’s your choice of book.  Are you a railways man?  Do you have a book on the history of buses.  

An hour and half in, they come round with the cake.  There’s a choice.  You may even get a one piece of each.  

We stop.  40 minutes. Toilet stop, are you one of these people that wants to eat KFC and McDonalds, you can take your pick. Regardless, you’re leaving the service station having paid way over the odds for whatever you choose.

back on the coach.  Business end of the trip now.  Long hard run, no more stops, just your book and the musings of your fellow passengers for 3 long hours.  Have you ended up sitting next to someone who doesn’t speak?  In which case it’s 3 hours of silence, you’re alone with your thoughts.  Conversely, have you ended up sitting next to someone who doesn’t shut up.  You start of with the pleasantries ‘how do you think we’ll do?’, swiftly moving onto the squad, who you like, how you think Bowyer’s doing.  Before you know it, you’re reminiscing.  Depending on your age and time you’ve spent supporting Charlton, you could be finely combing through the free fall years of the 1970s, or talking about some of the films we used to watch in the 90s.  Twister, Maverick, the full end of season highlights 94/95

we don’t have films anymore, it’s much more about the hushed ambience of just getting to your destination 

after the game, you get back on.  Have we won?  This will buoy you for the first hour or so.  You’ll be on here, twitter maybe, checking post match reaction.  This will keep you focused as we get toward South Yorkshire.  Getting to 1am.  Quick toilet stop.  Back on and you doze off, replete in the victory and a happy traveller as we pull back into anchor and hope lane at 4.15am.  How you get home from there I don’t care.  

Or, we lose.  If the passenger next to you is a talker, he won’t shut up and you don’t agree with his take on the match.  You sit there agitated at the defeat, but also agitated at your co-passenger and the nonsense coming out of his mouth that he would’ve liked to have seen Magennis up top with Taylor, had we been able to keep hold of him.

or, he sits in silence.  You want to get the game off your chest.  Going on here isn’t cutting it, and you’re low on battery.  You try to engage but the bloke just nods and gives you nothing back.

you’ve got 6 long hours of soul searching, knowing the squad is likely to be dismantled in the summer and Simon Church is re-signing and will be up front with Hackett Fairchild next season and Steve McLaren is being rumoured to take over if Bowyer leaves 

welcome to the Layer Cake 
    When you put it like that.....
  • I literally couldn't do Sunderland away on a midweek night on a coach.......would be like some form of torture.
    Have done both newcastel and middlesbrough.  it was grim.  Got home 5amish and had to go to work.  Got a verbal warning after the boro one for arriving half hour late.  
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    I literally couldn't do Sunderland away on a midweek night on a coach.......would be like some form of torture.
    You’re looking at this completely the wrong way.  Let me sit you down and talk you through why you are wrong 

you meet up, at the valley cafe an hour before coach departure time (if the valley is your pick up point).  An hour’s frivolities, listening to musings from the coach regulars.

We get further into the journey, what’s your choice of book.  Are you a railways man?  Do you have a book on the history of buses.  

An hour and half in, they come round with the cake.  There’s a choice.  You may even get a one piece of each.  

We stop.  40 minutes. Toilet stop, are you one of these people that wants to eat KFC and McDonalds, you can take your pick. Regardless, you’re leaving the service station having paid way over the odds for whatever you choose.

back on the coach.  Business end of the trip now.  Long hard run, no more stops, just your book and the musings of your fellow passengers for 3 long hours.  Have you ended up sitting next to someone who doesn’t speak?  In which case it’s 3 hours of silence, you’re alone with your thoughts.  Conversely, have you ended up sitting next to someone who doesn’t shut up.  You start of with the pleasantries ‘how do you think we’ll do?’, swiftly moving onto the squad, who you like, how you think Bowyer’s doing.  Before you know it, you’re reminiscing.  Depending on your age and time you’ve spent supporting Charlton, you could be finely combing through the free fall years of the 1970s, or talking about some of the films we used to watch in the 90s.  Twister, Maverick, the full end of season highlights 94/95

we don’t have films anymore, it’s much more about the hushed ambience of just getting to your destination 

after the game, you get back on.  Have we won?  This will buoy you for the first hour or so.  You’ll be on here, twitter maybe, checking post match reaction.  This will keep you focused as we get toward South Yorkshire.  Getting to 1am.  Quick toilet stop.  Back on and you doze off, replete in the victory and a happy traveller as we pull back into anchor and hope lane at 4.15am.  How you get home from there I don’t care.  

Or, we lose.  If the passenger next to you is a talker, he won’t shut up and you don’t agree with his take on the match.  You sit there agitated at the defeat, but also agitated at your co-passenger and the nonsense coming out of his mouth that he would’ve liked to have seen Magennis up top with Taylor, had we been able to keep hold of him.

or, he sits in silence.  You want to get the game off your chest.  Going on here isn’t cutting it, and you’re low on battery.  You try to engage but the bloke just nods and gives you nothing back.

you’ve got 6 long hours of soul searching, knowing the squad is likely to be dismantled in the summer and Simon Church is re-signing and will be up front with Hackett Fairchild next season and Steve McLaren is being rumoured to take over if Bowyer leaves 

This is brilliant and so true. Great post.
  • cabbles said:

I remember Middlesborugh away by coach, it was Ayresome park, it was snowing, it was painful, it wasn't much fun, it was a loooooooong trip home. Nov 1991 I think, we lost 2-0.

But at least that was a Saturday, Newcastle midweek was much worse, 4am home and work that day. Robert Lee hadn't long been sold to them and he scored after what seemed seconds, was certainly the first minute, still it ended 2-2 so the journey back wasn't awful.
  • cabbles said:

Ffs Cabbles you shouldn't be posting this so late at night.
    Will be having nightmares all night now.
  • clb74 said:
    cabbles said:

Ffs Cabbles you shouldn't be posting this so late at night.
    Will be having nightmares all night now.
    Pico still not talking to you after Fleetwood?
  • Weirdly I'm more interested in the away leg at Sunderland on a Friday night too. Few beers then head into Newcastle celebrating going to Wembley with all the geordies. My only problem I've only got 75 loyalty points, right down in the pecking order 
  • Weirdly I'm more interested in the away leg at Sunderland on a Friday night too. Few beers then head into Newcastle celebrating going to Wembley with all the geordies. My only problem I've only got 75 loyalty points, right down in the pecking order 
    There will be plenty of seats available for everybody.
  • cabbles said:

You’re not really selling the coach option Cabbies.
  • Post of the year
  • I am really, really  really hoping that Sunderland either win their last 2 games & Pompey don't.... or they lose them & we go above them, as I have no idea how I'm going to drive up & back on a weekday evening......especially as it would mean leaving my youngest 2 at home all night.

Golfie Jnr will hate not being able to go &  having to watch it on Sky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just bought 12 tickets for me and my mates.
  • Just bought 12 tickets for me and my mates.
    Purchased mine as well , surprised they only went on sale at midnight .
    Bought the same 4 for me as gills fixture, millwall and palace mates but they’re on their last warnings , no more lobbing pool tables and dismantling toilets 
  • se9addick said:
    Can you get back to London from Sunderland by train after a 7:45/8pm kick off or is it a staying over job (preferably in Newcastle)?
    Is this a serious question?
  • Tonight's games, Fleetwood v Sunderland and Portsmouth v Peterborough.

Hopefully tomorrow we will all know who we are playing and remove all the "if's or ands" then people can start to make travel arrangements.

Sky WILL NOT alter their schedules.
  • We still won’t know which game is A and which is B though will we?
  • Post of the year
    I’m not so sure - you’ve only said 4 words. 
  • We still won’t know which game is A and which is B though will we?
    Some people reckon 3rd v 6th is A and 4th v 5th is B. Not sure what that’s based on though.
  • JaShea99 said:
    We still won’t know which game is A and which is B though will we?
    Some people reckon 3rd v 6th is A and 4th v 5th is B. Not sure what that’s based on though.

• edited April 2019
  • edited April 2019
    Provisional being the only bit that could change this And the fact it states policing aswell, personally until confirmed I wouldn’t book anything as it states they can change.