Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Results in post match thread titles

Could admin please ensure this doesn't happen. Very occasionally I manage to avoid scores and enjoy reading the match thread later in the day with no clue as to result. Usually it's possible to pick out the match thread and read it as if in real time. Seeing the score straight away as today ruins this simple pleasure.
Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Feel your pain. Remember making a similar fuss a while ago!
  • Options
    Agree with this, can't always watch it live but am sometimes able to navigate iFollow avoiding the scoreline/result. 
  • Options
    I'd argue strongly for leaving it as it is, why wouldn't you want to find out the score ASAP? Also are you seriously telling me you don't get any alerts, score updates etc whatsoever during and after the game? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I'd argue strongly for leaving it as it is, why wouldn't you want to find out the score ASAP? Also are you seriously telling me you don't get any alerts, score updates etc whatsoever during and after the game? 
    If you simply want to find out the score, there are plenty of ways to check it eg BBC, OS, Twitter.

Some of us, having been otherwise occupied during the live match, occasionally enjoy the rather vicarious pleasure of belatedly following the CL match thread - a kind of "Charlton catch-up service". 
  • Options
    Hastings is a good guy! 
  • Options
    I could have done with the score being shown when we drew 1-1 at Doncaster. I genuinely believed for about an hour after the result that we'd lost 2-1.

The only time I can remember not following what was going on in a Charlton game I wasn't at was when we had our first Checkatrade match against U23 opposition, I refused to acknowledge that game even took place but still found myself getting updates. I don't know how you could go the whole game not knowing the score, i'd have nothing else on my mind personally.
  • Options
    Lol, this thread. Priceless.
  • Options
    Because it's a fact. The game is over & the thread is a post mortem (so to speak).  There may be other people who want to log on & see the score asap. More of them than in the first instance I would care to wager.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Theyd only need one more click to see the score though, but once you've seen something on the main page, it's impossible to unsee it.

It's not a problem for me, as I sleep through midweek games but instantly check bbc scores if I wake up in the night, I just don't understand the problem with compromise to help fellow fans.
  • Options

Well, I like to see the result in the title of the thread as you can then decide if you want to read the comments or not.

So I'd prefer it just as it is.

• Options
    Well I’m an ‘anorak’ then as sometimes I don’t know the score and like to read the match thread as if it was ‘live’ so I too can experience the excitement. Not such fun if you already know the result.
    I find going to games the best way of "experiencing the excitement".......not reading pages & pages of...."Charlton have a corner....Cullen takes it.....comes to nothing"

Some of you need to get out more.
  • Options
    Well I’m an ‘anorak’ then as sometimes I don’t know the score and like to read the match thread as if it was ‘live’ so I too can experience the excitement. Not such fun if you already know the result.
    I find going to games the best way of "experiencing the excitement".......not reading pages & pages of...."Charlton have a corner....Cullen takes it.....comes to nothing"

Some of you need to get out more.
    You know that's not possie for everyone, right?
  • Options
    Avoid the forum until you want to see results... next 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Lol, this thread. Priceless.
    My thoughts exactly....only at Charlton
  • Options
    A Charlton Athletic forum would be a strange place to visit if you were trying to avoid finding out a Charlton Athletic score. 
  • Options
    Simple rule of thumb

Few posts = we won

Loads of posts = we lost
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    A simple straightforward and not unreasonable request.  Don't see the issue at all.

If some posters get pleasure from reading the match day thread at a later time and not knowing the score, then I don't see the problem.
    I should think there are only a few who do this but why not let them have their fun, it doesn’t matter a jot that the final score/result is shown in the header or not for most of us.
    Might be a bit difficult for Admin to achieve on an ongoing basis but I say let’s give it a go.....after all, it doesn’t inconvenience anyone does it.
  • Options
    Jesus  !!!!

What kind of person wants to trawl through  20 pages of "live texts" hours after the game has finished just to see how we got on minute by minute.......and in the process wants to put his own, solitary needs before everyone else. 

The term "anorak" fits you perfectly. We have already accommodated those who don't want updates of other games going on that day due to them wanting to watch Motd (and probably Quest too) without knowing the scores. 

This is a step too far. Its a f**king football forum. I say Never....Never....Never !!!
    Is the request actually harming anyone though, if the score isn't in the title there's literally a million other places to look.

Really can't see the problem myself.
    4 0
  • Options
    Thought not posting the final score in a post match views thread title was already an unwritten rule. I must be going mad.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Do you what you like. I go to all home games & the away games I don't go to I follow on Sky, so it doesn't bother me 

But be prepared for me to be posting all live score updates on the match threads. I may he in the minority & others don't want it but my wants trump everyone else's. OK ? Good. 

• Options
    Do you what you like. I go to all home games & the away games I don't go to I follow on Sky, so it doesn't bother me 

But be prepared for me to be posting all live score updates on the match threads. I may he in the minority & others don't want it but my wants trump everyone else's. OK ? Good. 

Yeah doesn't seem like it bothers you much.
  • Options
    Talal said:

It doesn't.......just don't see why just a handful of people's views trump the vast majority. Also don't you think if weird that someone at, say 6pm, wants to read hundreds of "live" posts about a match that finished an hour or two earlier. If they are that bloody bothered about the minutia of the game ("....Charlton have a throw......Cullen plays it down the line & Taylor narrowly misses getting on the end of it....") then I suggest they go to the game or watch it online somehow.
  • Options
    Talal said:

It doesn't.......just don't see why just a handful of people's views trump the vast majority. Also don't you think if weird that someone at, say 6pm, wants to read hundreds of "live" posts about a match that finished an hour or two earlier. If they are that bloody bothered about the minutia of the game ("....Charlton have a throw......Cullen plays it down the line & Taylor narrowly misses getting on the end of it....") then I suggest they go to the game or watch it online somehow.
    You must have missed the poll results, more people would rather not have the score in the thread title.
  • Options
    Talal said:

For something that doesn’t bother you you are making a right song and dance about it.
  • Options
    Talal said:

You must have missed the poll results, more people would rather not have the score in the thread title.

To be fair, as a proportion of all members, more people haven't voted at all so do not support either option. That's how polls and referenda work, right? ;)