Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham 0 Charlton 2 - 27/04/19 POST MATCH THREAD

Another winning match thread to add to my collection :smiley: Great win with a weakened side.

Comments

• Good to get another win to build confidence and momentum ahead of the Play-Offs

Would take a draw against Rochdale now seeing that we've not won five games on the trot this season which'll be required if we want to reach Wembley at least

Only disappointment from today really was the fact that Forster-Caskey didnt get a run out, yet in Bowyer I trust
  • Whoop whoop 👏👏👏👏
  • Solid performance and key players rested. A good day at the office.
  • Good win  shocking subs :wink:

• Only disappointment from today really was the fact that Forster-Caskey didnt get a run out, yet in Bowyer I trust
    Priority for Bowyer will be keeping the winning momentum, to hit the ground running for the playoffs.

I feel that if we'd scored a 3rd, he'd have given JFC a 10 minute run.
    But he's keeping JFC and Pagey involved.

• edited April 2019
    Another clean sheet. 

Lost count how many times I’ve posted that on post match thread this season.

Outstanding. 
  • Looking like Sunderland in the play offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Good win. Now can we sort these contracts out Roly?
  • Mike said:
    Looking like Sunderland in the play offs

Agreed. They finish with away games at Fleetwood & Southend. If they only draw both of them and we beat Rochdale we can nick 4th place from them.

• Carter said:
    Dickhead parade, flares are fun, bouncing and singing is fun, smashing up bogs is millwall behaviour. 

Bit of a dull game, not sure if we were good or gillingham were poor. End of season dead rubber feel 
    How are flares fun ? Or do you mean the trousers ?
  • Sad to read about the vandalism, what's the fxxking point!!! Also seems that during the minutes silence it was a Charlton supporter (and I use that word loosely) who shouted out, what a complete bell-end. 
    As for the game it sounded as though we were on top from the off and maybe didnt get out of first gear, however another good away win and keeps the momentum going. No injuries either it would appear and 2 prominent players rested. All in all a good day apart from the incidents above.
  • Sad to read about the vandalism, what's the fxxking point!!! Also seems that during the minutes silence it was a Charlton supporter (and I use that word loosely) who shouted out, what a complete bell-end. 
    As for the game it sounded as though we were on top from the off and maybe didnt get out of first gear, however another good away win and keeps the momentum going. No injuries either it would appear and 2 prominent players rested. All in all a good day apart from the incidents above.
    AFKA said earlier that the person shouting during minutes silence was outside the ground and unlikely they knew it was a minutes silence.
  • Im thinking Sunderland away gives me with no season ticket and no away day record a chance of a ticket... we won my only other trip there 3-0 before half time, would love an action replay of that!
  • Playing the first leg at home against Sunderland will be perfect if it happens. They have drawn too many timesthis season because their manager is the cautious type. I can see them having half an eye on the home leg which will allow us to come at them at the Valley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• The lad has terrific ability.
  • A comfortable win. Aribo ran the game. Easy win without getting out of 3rd gear. 
    AFKA said earlier that the person shouting during minutes silence was outside the ground and unlikely they knew it was a minutes silence.
    In that case I apologise. I was going off the commentary on Valley Pass.
  • Playing the first leg at home against Sunderland will be perfect if it happens. They have drawn too many timesthis season because their manager is the cautious type. I can see them having half an eye on the home leg which will allow us to come at them at the Valley. 
    First leg at home we’ll beat Sunderland, away leg we’ll draw. On to Wembley 
  • Who was the minutes silence for?

In any event I hope the noise was an outside fan, as suggested by @AFKABartram, rather than someone actually in the ground.

An absolute disgrace if the latter.
    In that case I apologise. I was going off the commentary on Valley Pass.
    It was a few Gills fans that shouted out. A Charlton fan shouted after. He may have been outside. 
  • LenGlover said:
    Who was the minutes silence for?

In any event I hope the noise was an outside fan, as suggested by @AFKABartram, rather than someone actually in the ground.

An absolute disgrace if the latter.
    Sri Lanka Bombings the other week