Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer left disappointed that Charlton Athletic contract not sorted yet

1235»

Comments

• edited May 2019
    A late night thought from Fanny....A break from the stuffing I've been involved in all evening ( raffle tickets into envelopes !) 

I wonder whether Bow would have taken the plunge into football management if Charlton hadn't come calling....

And, should the Rat make a him a derisory offer, or indeed a weirdly convoluted  way of earning his crust next season as appears to be on the table at this moment in time, would our Man consider joining another club or shrug his shoulders, saying he's had enough ? Kind of " S*d this for a game of soldiers !"

• Manager of the month again!
  • I know this wont be popular but as flags are removed now...!

Bowyer ran for the money early on as a kid coming through our ranks.  Would be disappointed if he did the same again after giving him the chance to make millions in the game as a player and then a chance in management when, frankly, not a single other club in the football league would have done.

Two sides to every coin, RD is a dick but we are a L1 team with a L1 budget so i hope Bowyer stays but if what he is asking for is out of line with a L1 management budget then he will likely go.

The other route lies Bolton.
    "Ran for the money".

That is how it works.
  • edited May 2019
  • edited May 2019
  • Roland going to mess bowyers contract up and make us shit again. Probably thinks he’ll get compensation when bowyer goes to another club because he wouldn’t pay him a decent contract. 
  • This sounds like the king with no clothes statement but I'm going to say it anyway.

Why when the odious Roland wants to sell and has no Interest in Cafc other than getting an unrealistic price for a third tier club would he give a wage increase to the current manager when he has proven that he isn't interested what division we are in.
    This was made crystal clear when he wouldn't endorse a striker to replace Grant.

The fact that Lee Bowyer deserved a wage commensurate with his talent over the last 15 months doesn't register with the present incumbent owner at Cafc.
  • It’s Yann all over again. He’ll be allowed to leave to become a legend at the club he joins. While we spend another 6 years rotting with jobbers like Robinson. 
  • We all know we have a bleak future with our owner unless we can get rid. But Bowyer has been a stroke of luck and we need to enjoy this month and hope for the best. There has never been a more important time to have a change of ownership though! 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2019
    Really need to sort out his contract on whatever terms he wants.

Given no money for players.

I know we didn’t pay out for players but Lyle Taylor chose us over Sunderland location location location

we signed some brilliant loanees (Gallen , Bowyer and Jacko deserve medals for the quality of signing )
    there was , eventually, a budget and I reckon ours is top 6 

of course with the lateness of these signings and the fuckwittery of January and Grant scenario we were rumped 

bowyer jacko and gallen should be able to name their amount for the job they’re doing but someone like Doncaster I’d say have a lot smaller budget than us and are in the play offs 

• Better farkin be done by now.
  • What is RD waiting for? The playoffs? The takeover? If the contract is not sorted if/when we are promoted we'll be facing the possibility of losing Bowyer to other Championship clubs.🙁

Bowyer deserves a new better contract regardless of our playoff results. He's done an excellent job under difficult circumstances. Surely everyone can see that?!
  • I know this wont be popular but as flags are removed now...!

Bowyer ran for the money early on as a kid coming through our ranks.  Would be disappointed if he did the same again after giving him the chance to make millions in the game as a player and then a chance in management when, frankly, not a single other club in the football league would have done.

Two sides to every coin, RD is a dick but we are a L1 team with a L1 budget so i hope Bowyer stays but if what he is asking for is out of line with a L1 management budget then he will likely go.

The other route lies Bolton.
    You've got that wrong about Bowyer, i know for a fact he was on silly money about £125 a week when he broke in our team, when Liverpool, Arsenal, Leeds etc became interested in him he signed a new contract for about 2k knowing he was going to be sold anyway and to help Charlton get a maximum fee for him, which worked, as he was the most expensive teenager at the time.
    Furthermore, those were the days when the Board talked freely to fans. The money from Lee's transfer was needed to continue the essential rebuilding of the Valley. It was one of those rare things in football, a decision with an eye on the long-term picture. I think @Athletico Charlton has confused Bowyer and Parker :-)
  • What is RD waiting for? The playoffs? The takeover? If the contract is not sorted if/when we are promoted we'll be facing the possibility of losing Bowyer to other Championship clubs.🙁

Bowyer deserves a new better contract regardless of our playoff results. He's done an excellent job under difficult circumstances. Surely everyone can see that?!
    Someone to give him 50m quid!

It would be interesting to know what to Roland’s mind would constitute an “excellent job” as he won’t see he is part of the difficult circumstances. And he plainly doesn’t get the idea of winning and doing better ie achieving promotion.