Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lee Bowyer left disappointed that Charlton Athletic contract not sorted yet

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Thanks, Louis!
  • Options
    Weegie you forgot Steve Gallen, other than that well done
  • Options
    Ah thanks, @lancashire lad - we will get that updated.
  • Options
    I don't understand the reference to "meeting Roland".
  • Options
    I don't understand the reference to "meeting Roland".
    To  give you a clue, he will literally be full of hot air.

@lancashire lad I have checked Bowyer's comments and with Trust colleagues - Gallen not been mentioned in previous reports so we think he may be in a different situation. Does anyone have definitive info on his contract position?
  • Options
    Yet some of still insist on financing this madness.
    This!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you were running any other football club in League One and to some extent, the Championship, you would be looking at Charlton and thinking I can grab a few bargains here knowing that the owner isn't interested in the success of the side and instead just wants filthy lucre to stuff in his pockets and help him cut his losses. It's even better when they consider that the nucleus of the side and the management team are out-of-contract in a few weeks time and can be got on the cheap.
  • Options
    For the glass half full amongst us.

Lee has asked Bromley Addicks to move meetings featuring players from Thursdays to Tuesdays next season.

So he's planning for next season.

NB We used to have our meetings on Tuesdays but the Karl Robinson asked us to move them to Thursdays.
    Tell Bowyer to do one.
    Thursdays rarely clash with top football matches and never with Champions League. :-)
  • Options
    Bowyer's management has put him in a strong negotiating position and Duchatelet doesn't like players or managers in strong negotiating positions as they hold the cards. Bowyer knows that if he focuses on getting us up he will have no shortage of suitors. If Duchatelet had any sense he would bust a gut to tie him to the club, but that statement answers why we are screwed.

We simply have to enjoy the ride and accept it may be a short one! 
    If Duchatelet had any sense he would, to borrow a well-known phrase from a prominent member of this parish, just sell the club and f... well, you know the rest.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Lee has asked Bromley Addicks to move meetings featuring players from Thursdays to Tuesdays next season.

NB We used to have our meetings on Tuesdays but the Karl Robinson asked us to move them to Thursdays.
    This is fantastic news.  I don't want to read too much into it, but this is the first public hint that there might still be some players left after the summer. 
    It'll get a bit boring just seeing George Lapslie at every meeting though  :)
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    Maybe, but the pressure has got to be kept up on Roland, to get him out of the door,  we could do with banners in the ground for the playoffs, Jim White shouting our case on Talksprt with Roland, absolutely anything that will finally rid us of this bloke, he’s toxic (anything lawful kids).
    I strongly disagree about protest banners for the play offs.
    We need to be 100% behind the players.
    Anyway, I think we have a better chance of RD selling, if we are back in The Championship.
    I would have thought it would be well within the capabilities of our witty slogan composers to come up with a multitude of suggestions which both support the team and draw attention to the "elephant in the room" that the one person NOT supporting them is Roland!

It does not need to be either/or.

It could be both/and.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Planning ahead until his contract expires. 

Good to see but without a new contract Bowyer's going through the motions and someone else will pick up what Bowyer is starting potentially. 
  • Options

Tell Bowyer to do one.
    Thursdays rarely clash with top football matches and never with Champions League. :-)
    LB is planning ahead for when we compete in the Europa League
  • Options
    The CAS Trust statement has made me think about the point about giving Bowyer the recognition he deserves for his achievement.

Please please please someone assure me that Roland won't come out and say it was his achievement if we do manage to get up.
  • Options
    The CAS Trust statement has made me think about the point about giving Bowyer the recognition he deserves for his achievement.

Please please please someone assure me that Roland won't come out and say it was his achievement if we do manage to get up.
    Well he refused to take the blame for us being relegated so logically he cannot take the credit for us being promoted (IF it happens).

I know where you are coming from though.
  • Options

The Softly Terrorised One will say that as he was the one to appoint LB, LB's successes are in fact his. Simples.

• Options
    Chizz said:

This is fantastic news.  I don't want to read too much into it, but this is the first public hint that there might still be some players left after the summer. 
    Enough for 5-a-side anyway...
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Greenie said:
    Maybe, but the pressure has got to be kept up on Roland, to get him out of the door,  we could do with banners in the ground for the playoffs, Jim White shouting our case on Talksprt with Roland, absolutely anything that will finally rid us of this bloke, he’s toxic (anything lawful kids).
    I strongly disagree about protest banners for the play offs.
    We need to be 100% behind the players.
    Anyway, I think we have a better chance of RD selling, if we are back in The Championship.
    I would have thought it would be well within the capabilities of our witty slogan composers to come up with a multitude of suggestions which both support the team and draw attention to the "elephant in the room" that the one person NOT supporting them is Roland!

It does not need to be either/or.

It could be both/and.
    Perhaps something on the lines of the 'Where's Wally?' books with the reference to 'Where's Roland?' at the playoffs? Dress up and banners?!?
  • Options

I can see it now.
    Next season we have a Tuesday night match at the valley .
    We are awarded a penalty which Parker misses.
    Meanwhile Lyle Taylor is answering questions at Bromley Addicks .
    Why would Taylor be answering questions at Bromley Addicks next season when he'll be off in the summer to the first team that offers Roland a million?
  • Options

Tell Bowyer to do one.
    If you want to tell Bowyer to "do one", be my guest.  Just tell us in advance when so we can pre-book the ambulance.