Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: Duchatelet under Embassy spotlight

Comments

• Options
    Well done CARD 
  • Options
    Great! This has really cheered me up.
  • Options
    Surely he’s going to be on talksport with his matey Mr white real soon?
  • Options
    Very impressive CARD.
  • Options
    Very good indeed
  • Options
    Bravo CARD
  • Options
    We shouldn't underestimate the "behind the scenes" power that the embassy staff will have. I can't see them liking the name of their country being linked to someone like Roland as he is dragging down their good name. Also for a while he was actually a political opponent of theirs, so could have a score to settle with him.
    We live in hope
  • Options
    Any traction in the Belgium press yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope so. Embarrassing him in Belgium is the key. Personally I would still love to see a billboard poster in a prominent Brussels location taking the pee. We have enough talent to really make that hurt him. No idea how much that would cost.
    Could be mocked up like the Manneken Pis, with RD pissing his money away
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I hope so. Embarrassing him in Belgium is the key. Personally I would still love to see a billboard poster in a prominent Brussels location taking the pee. We have enough talent to really make that hurt him. No idea how much that would cost.
    As stated before CARD looked into this and too expensive.
  • Options
    Good work CARD.

He really does not care what happens in England, but getting a tap on the shoulder from the Belgian diplomatic service, however unofficial 
    will annoy the ego. Just waiting for more toys to be thrown. 
  • Options
    Charlton will be better for it when he finally gives up and our CARD hardcore members should be welcomed on the new board to get our club back in business and I believe we would be in safe hands.
  • Options
    As stated before CARD looked into this and too expensive.
    What about the mobile billboards you see going around. Hire here and drive around St Tuiden and Brussels over the weekend. Still protest money left isn’t there and I’d happily chip in again.
    CARD will know more but I believe they looked into this and it wasn't practical. 
  • Options
    To be honest we looked at Billboard, Mobile Billboards, Captive Balloons and Aircraft Banners on a number of occasions and none were feasible or even possible but it doesnt mean we wont look again in the future to see if that has changed. 
  • Options
    Excellent work CARD, keep chipping away & the fucker will go (eventually) Billboard ? Great idea but would you find anybody in St T. willing to hire the space to us giving the hold that the belgian seems to have over the locals ?
  • Options
    Stitch that, Shitweasel!

Good work CARD!
  • Options
    Had a search for any recent mentions of RD in the Belgian press.

Found this in an article about rich Belgians, which gives some info about his electronics interests, with passing mention of Charlton & other interests.  He is apparently a sponsor of Wikipedia's website...
    https://www.tijd.be/markten-live/nieuws/aandelen-brussel/rijkste-families-innen-ruim-kwart-van-dividenden/10121567.html

Electronics empire {...}  At Melexis , Roland Duchâtelet receives the bulk of the dividends, although CEO Françoise Chombar and her husband Rudi De Winter are not inferior to that. Duchâtelet got to know De Winter and Chombar early in their career. They worked together at the German chip start-up Elmos, and decided to invest in the chip sector themselves. They developed an electronics empire with companies such as Melexis, X-Fab and the now-sold companies Sensor-Nite and Epiq.

Duchâtelet founded the political party Vivant in the late 90s. He also bought football teams such as Standard, Sint-Truiden and Charlton. With his income, he also sponsors the Wikipedia website. The majority of Melexis is owned by Xtrion, which in turn falls under the company XPEQT. That is 60 percent in the hands of Duchâtelet and 40 percent in Chombar-De Winter. The three each have even smaller packages through other routes.

But so far nothing about CARD's visit to the embassy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    Had a search for any recent mentions of RD in the Belgian press.

Found this in an article about rich Belgians, which gives some info about his electronics interests, with passing mention of Charlton & other interests.  He is apparently a sponsor of Wikipedia's website...
    https://www.tijd.be/markten-live/nieuws/aandelen-brussel/rijkste-families-innen-ruim-kwart-van-dividenden/10121567.html

Electronics empire {...}  At Melexis , Roland Duchâtelet receives the bulk of the dividends, although CEO Françoise Chombar and her husband Rudi De Winter are not inferior to that. Duchâtelet got to know De Winter and Chombar early in their career. They worked together at the German chip start-up Elmos, and decided to invest in the chip sector themselves. They developed an electronics empire with companies such as Melexis, X-Fab and the now-sold companies Sensor-Nite and Epiq.

Duchâtelet founded the political party Vivant in the late 90s. He also bought football teams such as Standard, Sint-Truiden and Charlton. With his income, he also sponsors the Wikipedia website. The majority of Melexis is owned by Xtrion, which in turn falls under the company XPEQT. That is 60 percent in the hands of Duchâtelet and 40 percent in Chombar-De Winter. The three each have even smaller packages through other routes.

But so far nothing about CARD's visit to the embassy.
    Thought a chip start up would be a potato?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    To be honest we looked at Billboard, Mobile Billboards, Captive Balloons and Aircraft Banners on a number of occasions and none were feasible or even possible but it doesnt mean we wont look again in the future to see if that has changed. 
    I'm sending you a DM about this..
  • Options
    All received thanks @PragueAddick just winging my way on the train to Gillingham now but will follow up this week
  • Options
    Good work,this is the way to go
  • Options
    Just picked up on this.  Great job!

Nothing of any consequence will arise except of course this will really twist his wrinkly old melons.

• Options
    As always, thoughtful, classy, innovative  work by those involved. Well done all.
  • Options
    Haven’t seen or heard anything in the Belgian press yet. I’ve got an alert on Google for new web stuff on Duchatelet but I don’t know how well that works. 

Any Belgium based addicks will hopefully spot anything that comes up and post on here. 
  • Options
    Well done to all concerned
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Haven’t seen or heard anything in the Belgian press yet. I’ve got an alert on Google for new web stuff on Duchatelet but I don’t know how well that works. 

Any Belgium based addicks will hopefully spot anything that comes up and post on here. 
    DM'ed you too, mate.
  • Options
    Wow CARD! What a great idea to have executed. Don’t think many will have seen this angle to take. Very impressed and if Roly does hear of this he will be absolutely fuming. But will the Belgian embassy really be taking this seriously or was this something to make us feel like it will?