Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pubs for Saturday

2»

Comments

• McBobbin said:
    I'll be coming to the game on Saturday (first for a long time...!) And got a few mates coming as well. Fancy a few bevvies before the game. Never usually go to the pub (I'm really selling myself as a fan!) So wandered where was a decent place to go? Heard of most in the area, but no idea where is best to go
    The Victoria
  • McBobbin said:
    I'll be coming to the game on Saturday (first for a long time...!) And got a few mates coming as well. Fancy a few bevvies before the game. Never usually go to the pub (I'm really selling myself as a fan!) So wandered where was a decent place to go? Heard of most in the area, but no idea where is best to go
    Watermans arms 
    Somewhere walking distance from the ground preferably. I'll be coming in from north Grenwich then bus to the station
  • Swan - I believe it has a ska day/night again, so will be busy but good.
  • McBobbin said:
    Watermans arms 
    Where you’ll here a mighty roar.
  • McBobbin said:
    Watermans arms 
    That was a fantastic boozer.
  • The 2 Percent are playing live at The Swan post match.

• The swan it is!
  • McBobbin said:
    The swan it is!
    Does the swan serve food?
  • Sponsored links:

• McBobbin said:
    The swan it is!
    Yes but seen some say a bit pricey.
  • Been down the Pelton Arms recently a couple of times, same owner as the Swan. They have a new head chef with a new menu and it is good 👍
  • McBobbin said:
    The Anchor on the river or the White Swan in the Village.
  • edited May 2019
    the swan is fine the food is a bit pricey by charlton standards ( burger vans etc ) but looks good and is cheaper then you would pay up town. 

although some of the options are a bit funky for the football crowd, jerk chicken, lamb kebabs etc
  • McBobbin said:
    The swan it is!
    Raid your kids piggy bank its 7 quid a burger.
  • McBobbin said:
    Watermans arms 
    Trying to remember what year it closed?
  • McBobbin said:
    The micropub on Woolwich Rd the other side of the flyover is worth a look. Lots of good beer. 
  • the swan is fine the food is a bit pricey by charlton standards ( burger vans etc ) but looks good and is cheaper then you would pay up town. 

although some of the options are a bit funky for the football crowd, jerk chicken, lamb kebabs etc
    The Swan doesn't appear to do food on a football Saturday lunchtime, apart from a BBQ in the garden. The prices were reduced and reasonable, but only a couple of people were buying even though it looked good. 
  • McBobbin said:
    Watermans arms 
    Trying to remember what year it closed?
    94'ish
  • edited May 2019
    The Waterman’s Arms, frequented by Peter Sutcliffe, The Yorkshire Ripper on quite a number of occasions on his trips down to London, when he was employed as a lorry driver.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Waterman’s Arms, frequented by Peter Sutcliffe, The Yorkshire Ripper on quite a number of occasions on his trips down to London, when he was employed as a lorry driver.
    I bet he was one of those sheff Wendy  wankers. 
    I knew he was a wrong un.
  • Fans are asked to note that the popular matchday pub Rose of Denmark, situated on Woolwich Road, is currently shut due to Covid.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/61cedfab2da89/match-preview-charlton-v-wycombe-wanderers