Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Oxford v Charlton

ball bags.  Weren’t at the races today imo.  Credit to the boys for the fantastic run over the last 10 games.  Let’s get behind them and pick them up for the run in.  Keep the faith 

Comments

• Options
    HAPPY EASTER!

Fuck off Charlton!
  • Options
    Lets see how results go this afternoon / evening

Wont be surprised to see fourth pull away from us again which for me says we've gotten fifth

Dont care about home / away advantage in the Play-Offs, we didnt take it against Shrewsbury, we didnt take it against Swindon
  • Options
    Anyone know what's up with Igor? 
  • Options
    The delusional crowd will come back to planet earth and accept it’s the play offs for us .
    saw most of game on iPlayer pretty chuff all round , well taken penalty by Taylor but we have sooooo many sponge foots it’s scary , I mean we get a free kick outside the box and you know feck all will happen .

anyway , we’re going to Wembley and we will lose just get your head in place to deal with it .
  • Options
    Hope Solly isn't considered a starter next year. Too many games where he's clearly our worst player. 

Bringing Parker on was a mistake, would have rather packed the midfield and pushed the 'wingers' up. 
  • Options

Wont be surprised to see fourth pull away from us again which for me says we've gotten fifth

Dont care about home / away advantage in the Play-Offs, we didnt take it against Shrewsbury, we didnt take it against Swindon
    That’s because we didn’t have the home advantage against Shrewsbury
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bad day at the office just at the wrong time. Typical Charlton really. It’s the hope that kills you . Play offs it is. 
  • Options
    Sacrilege I know, but puzzled by some of Bowyer's decisions today.

But also just shows how wafer thin the squad is.
    That’s an overreaction, it’s really not. Not every loss is because of our small squad. Bowyer is choosing to rotate and it’s disrupting the rhythm. 

We need to move on and keep our chin up. I doubt we could have finished above Barnsley anyway so we need to focus on getting ourselves in shape for the play offs.  
  • Options
    The autos have gone. Not so worried about that but more worried about that performance. Did we peak too early for the playoffs?
  • Options
    Think Bow got this one wrong. 
    Too many changes. I've never been convinced of rotating CB's, let alone leaving our best defender at the moment in Sarr on the bench.
    Is Fosu really worse than Parker?
    Play offs is it, and i think we'll do better than last season but i still put our chances at around 25%.  Maybe i'm ultra cynical but i think form goes out the window in the play offs, not sure how important momentum really is.
  • Options
    The delusional crowd will come back to planet earth and accept it’s the play offs for us .
    saw most of game on iPlayer pretty chuff all round , well taken penalty by Taylor but we have sooooo many sponge foots it’s scary , I mean we get a free kick outside the box and you know feck all will happen .

anyway , we’re going to Wembley and we will lose just get your head in place to deal with it .
    Delusional??? - How many times did we have to tell you, it wasnt delusion

None of us ever thought or even expected us to finish second

We just knew there was a glimmer of a chance that it MIGHT happen so refused to let it go, its called supporting the team
    We can win the FA Cup every year but thinking it’s gonna happen and saying it might is that really supporting the team it’s delusional .
    it was never really gonna happen , of course there was a minuscule chance but it’s all pie in the sky .
    back to reality we’ll get to the final I’m convinced! 
  • Options
    Purrington and Igor not fit. But why Sarr was not brought on at half time I have no idea.
    Playing one up top did not work, but when Parker is the only option, what can you do?
    To have a good  chance in the playoffs our best 11 has to be fit and available.
  • Options
    Watched second half and couldn't believe how ordinary we looked. 
    My concern now is the loss of momentum as we are effectively hanging around waiting for the playoffs to begin.
  • Options

Delusional??? - How many times did we have to tell you, it wasnt delusion

None of us ever thought or even expected us to finish second

We just knew there was a glimmer of a chance that it MIGHT happen so refused to let it go, its called supporting the team
    Who are you speaking on behalf of?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Ref got all the major decisions spot on 
    Apart from the Lapslie incident...

Majority of people would been foaming at the mouth had that been the other way round
  • Options
    Shit, first 11 was all wrong, Pearce rushes abso-frigging-lutely everything, and they just stalled and postured their way to the win
  • Options

That’s because we didn’t have the home advantage against Shrewsbury
    Yes I know... thats why I said home / away advantage

i.e. It doesnt matter where your first or last game is because we've fucked it up both ways in our last two campaigns Shrewsbury (Home first) and Swindon (Away first)
  • Options
    First half poor, second half slightly worse.  It happens.  Be interested to hear @PeterGage view on our penalty as to me it looked like a block tackle and Joe went over the ball - very soft.  At least this week we both had the same angke and saw it in real time :-)
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Shit, first 11 was all wrong, Pearce rushes abso-frigging-lutely everything, and they just stalled and postured their way to the win
    Pearce is a good footballer. Completely disrupted the teams flow though. Combine that with Solly’s inability to pass forwards off his left and I’m actually amazed we only lost by 1. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Shades of last season where we beat Blackburn at home only to limp into the playoffs in the final games.

Oxford have taken 4 points off us this season, and we were up a goal in both games at one point. Bit of a bogey team the last couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Could have been 15 mins injury time at the end with the amount of time wasting that went on but would not have made any difference.  Very bad day at the office,  all off form save Phillips who made a great save near the end.  Thought we should have put Sarr on for last 20-25 as we slung plenty of balls in the box but didn't get on the end of any.  Parker looked like he missed an open goal by hesitating.

missing Purrington was huge, made us very unbalanced but ultimately i got the feeling that we scored early and coasted which was evidenced by Bauer letting his man want the ball more for their first goal.

Disappointing but going up at Wembley is more fun anyway.
  • Options
    Pleased I got my excuses in before KO.
    Did the lop sided back 4 put the rest of the team off ? Right footed players at LB never work, Gomez had his worse game at LB for Cafc, and he doesn't lack ability.
    I can't see why Sarr needed a rest, the big man had been outstanding ever since Jason's injury.  With Purrington late illness, Naby could have played LB.

The starting 11 against Luton is our best side. how we get 3 games out of them in the play offs without an injury will be a miracle.

Bad day at office after decent 25 minutes but now we need to keep our heads while Cafc fans all around us lose theirs.
  • Options
    I like to think that it's our form against the top clubs that will count when it comes to the play-offs and that's been good. We've disappointed against many middling teams away from home this season and I half-expected this today.

Back to business on Monday, hopefully, with Purrington, Naby and Igor back in the side.

COYR