Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Quick ref question.

2»

Comments

• Talal said:
    I have a ref question I am genuinely not sure about. I was told that when making a sub, the substitute can't restart the game with a throw-in, free-kick or penalty. Is this correct?
    Don't think so. Didn't Vardy come on a few weeks ago and take a pen straight away? 
    Yeah because the twat missed
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes if its the area they’re keeping goal in and subject to the rarely inforced 6 second rule
    I'm under the impression it is handball if he picks it back up after it leaves his hands
    Most important question I'd ask you is why do you think it would be a handball? It's not a back pass. It's a bounce from the GK to the GK.
    Basically keeper was being a tit, winning 1 nil and wasting time after 20mins, being cocky pretending to pick the ball up, talking to the defence whilst he should be getting the ball behind the goal, then holding the ball for long periods before bouncing it about 6 times to take his kick. 
    I'd had enough of his tomfoolery and mentioned it to the ref that if a keeper drops and picks it up its classed as handball and what's the difference whilst he keeps bouncing it. 

He watched him do it once, then the next time stopped play and gave him a warning, as keeper restarted play he bounced it twice and then awarded us a free kick. We got 2 further free kicks for the same offence as the game went on. He literally couldn't stop himself and his whole team kept reminding him every time picked the ball up. 

Was fckin hilarious tbh. 
    More importantly, did you come back and win?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Yes if its the area they’re keeping goal in and subject to the rarely inforced 6 second rule
    I'm under the impression it is handball if he picks it back up after it leaves his hands
    Most important question I'd ask you is why do you think it would be a handball? It's not a back pass. It's a bounce from the GK to the GK.
    Basically keeper was being a tit, winning 1 nil and wasting time after 20mins, being cocky pretending to pick the ball up, talking to the defence whilst he should be getting the ball behind the goal, then holding the ball for long periods before bouncing it about 6 times to take his kick. 
    I'd had enough of his tomfoolery and mentioned it to the ref that if a keeper drops and picks it up its classed as handball and what's the difference whilst he keeps bouncing it. 

He watched him do it once, then the next time stopped play and gave him a warning, as keeper restarted play he bounced it twice and then awarded us a free kick. We got 2 further free kicks for the same offence as the game went on. He literally couldn't stop himself and his whole team kept reminding him every time picked the ball up. 

Was fckin hilarious tbh. 
    3 3, needed win for promotion. 

3 1 down 5 mins to go and no, we didn't score from any of the phantom free kicks. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was fckin hilarious tbh. 

3 1 down 5 mins to go and no, we didn't score from any of the phantom free kicks. 

Shame, is it delaying promotion or chance blown? 
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was fckin hilarious tbh. 

Gone, finished 3rd.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Was fckin hilarious tbh. 

Gone, finished 3rd.

Boo!   Hope you've sacked the manager! 
  • Redrobo said:
    Can a keeper bounce one of our players in the area whilst the game is going on?
    CL comment of the week, surely.
  • I've got one short question for the referee.

Why are you such a ......
  • so, nobody really still knows the exact answer?

Can a keeper bounce the ball multiple times in his own box?

@PeterGage

• Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Quick ref question.

Why am I still seeing players have to leave the field after being fouled and receiving treatment. I thought that was changed at beginning of the season ?
  • edited April 2019
    An indirect free kick is awarded if a goalkeeper, inside their penalty area, commits any of the following offences:
    • controls the ball with the hands for more than six seconds before releasing it
    • touches the ball with the hands after:
    • releasing it and before it has touched another player
    • it has been deliberately kicked to the goalkeeper by a team-mate
    • receiving it directly from a throw-in taken by a team-mate
    A goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:
    • the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save
    • holding the ball in the outstretched open hand
    • bouncing it on the ground or throwing it in the air

I would say from the above that as long as it's less than 6 seconds then they can bounce it as they're considered to still be in control of it so can't be ruled to have released it
  • Yeah, so from the rule it's pretty clear they're allowed to bounce it... still not sure if the you're allowed to have a nibble if he's bouncing it. I guess not?
    • touches the ball with the hands after:
    • releasing it and before it has touched another player
    Bouncing it then?? 
  • Petty yes but so is awarding a free kick if penalty taker trips on his run up and touches the ball. 

Typical keeper mollycoddling
  • so, nobody really still knows the exact answer?

Can a keeper bounce the ball multiple times in his own box?

@PeterGage

Yes, providing he releases it in 6 seconds; but why would a keeper want to bounce the ball, I cant see any advance in doing so.

• Quick ref question.

Why am I still seeing players have to leave the field after being fouled and receiving treatment. I thought that was changed at beginning of the season ?
    The law changed 2 years ago (I think) whereby if a player was fouled and the offender was cautioned or sent off, the injured player did not need to leave the field, providing his treatnent was lengthy. This was revoked last season (I think).
  • Yeah, so from the rule it's pretty clear they're allowed to bounce it... still not sure if the you're allowed to have a nibble if he's bouncing it. I guess not?
    No nibbling. It is deemed to be under cotrol of the keeper
  • edited April 2019
    Petty yes but so is awarding a free kick if penalty taker trips on his run up and touches the ball. 

If a penalty taker trips but touches the ball, the game has restarted and is thus "in play" - no free kick because no offence committed.
  • edited April 2019
    PeterGage said:
    Petty yes but so is awarding a free kick if penalty taker trips on his run up and touches the ball. 

If a penalty taker trips but touches the ball, tge has restarted and is thus "in play" - no free kick because no offence committed.

Yh, I meant when they trip they generally touch it twice causing the free kick,

Cheers for clearing up above. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    PeterGage said:

If a penalty taker trips but touches the ball, tge has restarted and is thus "in play" - no free kick because no offence committed.

Yh, I meant when they trip they generally touch it twice causing the free kick,

Cheers for clearing up above. 
    Yes, free kick awarded to the opposition if the penalty taker touches the ball twice b4 any other player touches it. 
  • PeterGage said:
    Quick ref question.

The law changed 2 years ago (I think) whereby if a player was fouled and the offender was cautioned or sent off, the injured player did not need to leave the field, providing his treatnent was lengthy. This was revoked last season (I think).
    Cheers Peter, strange how good ideas and changes don't last in football.
    The 10 yards for dissent only seemed to last a season I believe?
  • PeterGage said:
    Quick ref question.

As I recall also, it only lasted for one season. In this era of information-share and transparency, it would be nice if the Law Changers in soccer explained why such changes are discarded after a very short period.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, whilst linesman on the National League, that league was used for two trial law changes. One was all throw ons were kicked back into play insread of using the hands and the other was to draw a line from one side of the pitch to the other along the current penalty area (ie 18 yard box) and offsides were only awarded goal side of that line. Clearly those law changes were never implemented but we never got any feedback upon the results of the trial
  • PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:
    Quick ref question.

As I recall also, it only lasted for one season. In this era of information-share and transparency, it would be nice if the Law Changers in soccer explained why such changes are discarded after a very short period.

As I have mentioned in previous posts, whilst linesman on the National League, that league was used for two trial law changes. One was all throw ons were kicked back into play insread of using the hands and the other was to draw a line from one side of the pitch to the other along the current penalty area (ie 18 yard box) and offsides were only awarded goal side of that line. Clearly those law changes were never implemented but we never got any feedback upon the results of the trial
    Thats bloody spooky as I was having a conversation last night about the offside you state above, I was saying that there should be a section of the pitch you can only be offside in (like the old subbuteo line)

This came about when a striker was offside, well, his wrist was offside, 5 yards from the half way line, just kills the game.

• PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:
    Quick ref question.

Thats bloody spooky as I was having a conversation last night about the offside you state above, I was saying that there should be a section of the pitch you can only be offside in (like the old subbuteo line)

This came about when a striker was offside, well, his wrist was offside, 5 yards from the half way line, just kills the game.

Sorry to be pickety, but you cannot be offside if only any part of the arm/hand is goalside of the second-to-last defender. The logic being that you cannot score with the hand or arm.
  • PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:
    PeterGage said:
    Quick ref question.

Sorry to be pickety, but you cannot be offside if only any part of the arm/hand is goalside of the second-to-last defender. The logic being that you cannot score with the hand or arm.

I know that mate but tbh the fella wasnt even offside, just his arm was in front on the replay but lino gave it.

Thats what prompted the conversation, a gnats bollock offside on the halfway line IMO kills the game in 2019.
  • Sin bins bins for dissent coming in next season. Up to step 5/6