Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tunnel Jump genesis

Comments

• Options
    I am pretty sure it was Omar Pouso
    I can confirm that this is correct
  • Options
    Holland did it after Powell.

Remember Powell doing it when he played for Watford. Not sure how I felt about that. 
  • Options
    Missed It said:
    I'm sure it was Kinsella, though he didn't jump, he'd give a great big fist pump.  I like the way it's changed and reinvented itself over the years.  Chris Powell used to do it after every win as manager.  It was probably Rob Elliot who turned it into a jump.  It nearly got forgotten about when the team was full of Roland eurotwats and we never won a game, but thankfully it's back and we get to see it regularly now.
    St Christopher did it as a player.

There's a great photo of him doing an end-of-season (his last with us?) wearing the mascot's head.

Big Rob Elliot re-started the tradition when he broke into the team.

In recent years no one player has taken responsibility for the tunnel jump, it seems to be the job of the players' choice.
    A young canters can be spotted in this photo
    I didn't know you were Floyd the Dog!? 
  • Options
    I am pretty sure it was Omar Pouso

Was it not Peter Garland?

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Thought this was going to be thread about playing Phil Collins music after a home win. 
  • Options
    Steve Jones done it once but delivery was poor.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Didn't Powell start it when we won promotion away at Blackburn then pursued it after heavy demanad?

This. I can confirm it as an eye witness. 

The first tunnel jump was at Ewood Park in 2000. It was Chris Powell. We actually only drew but Man City (remember them kids?) dropped points elsewhere meaning we won the Division 1 title that day. Powell was just so bloody happy he didn’t want the celebrations to end and dragged them out by jumping out of the tunnel to cheers from the away end. 

Not sure when it became a tradition at the Valley, it was some years later I think, but it was Powell who brought it back. 
    Chris Powell did the first tunnel jump three weeks before the Blackburn game in the Cup win at Highfield Road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgVOyM9ZV74

I was at that Coventry game, but I don't remember seeing Powell doing a tunnel jump. I may well be mistaken though. I assume you meant three months, not weeks, as we played Coventry in January and the Blackburn game was in April.
  • Options
    Hadn't seen that game back, what a day, great support, the balloons all over their pitch before kick off, even at 2 down it still felt like our day. Very happy memories of a very happy season.  
  • Options
    'Can we play you every week?"
    We were packed in ages early (at least I was) and they played lengthy bangra music before the game which I thought was just perfect.
    Todd came on for an unwell Kinsella and changed the game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:
    DiscoCAFC said:
    Didn't Powell start it when we won promotion away at Blackburn then pursued it after heavy demanad?

The first tunnel jump was at Ewood Park in 2000. It was Chris Powell. We actually only drew but Man City (remember them kids?) dropped points elsewhere meaning we won the Division 1 title that day. Powell was just so bloody happy he didn’t want the celebrations to end and dragged them out by jumping out of the tunnel to cheers from the away end. 

Not sure when it became a tradition at the Valley, it was some years later I think, but it was Powell who brought it back. 
    Chris Powell did the first tunnel jump three weeks before the Blackburn game in the Cup win at Highfield Road.

I was at that Coventry game, but I don't remember seeing Powell doing a tunnel jump. I may well be mistaken though. I assume you meant three months, not weeks, as we played Coventry in January and the Blackburn game was in April.
    FA Cup game was April 2nd
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:
    DiscoCAFC said:

FA Cup game was April 2nd
    I think you've got that wrong Nick. Having said that I thought the Coventry game was in February.
  • Options
    The 3-2 win vs Coventry was the 4th round so it would have been end of January.
  • Options
    Think it was the fifth round but for some reason the cup started early that year and believe third round was played in December.
  • Options
    Think it was the fifth round but for some reason the cup started early that year and believe third round was played in December.
    Correct; we'd beaten QPR in the 4th Round - I presume it started early that season because Man Utd were in the Club World Cup

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999%E2%80%932000_FA_Cup#Fifth_round_proper
  • Options
    You're right. Coventry game was 5th Round - 29th January.
    Third round was 11th/12th December
  • Options
    My memory is pretty good Charlton wise. But if you asked me what I had for dinner last Friday I'd have no idea. Having said that who did we beat in the third round? Swindon or someone else in our division I think.
  • Options
    My memory is pretty good Charlton wise. But if you asked me what I had for dinner last Friday I'd have no idea. Having said that who did we beat in the third round? Swindon or someone else in our division I think.
    Swindon - QPR - Coventry - Bolton
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=667x-sPIISk

2:44:20 on the video above.

Charlton fans in the away end kept behind waiting for Chris Powell to do a tunnel jump in the studio... Powelly does well to stay professional and keep on task. :-)
  • Options
    Ipswich fans seem pretty upset by our tunnel jumps. Think they think it’s something that started against them last season..!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ipswich fans seem pretty upset by our tunnel jumps. Think they think it’s something that started against them last season..!
    Where are they upset about it?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    They need something to take their mind off the fact they're (mostly) from Suffolk.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Read the responses
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Apparently the mangelwhurzel crop has been crap this season and Catweasel has been had up for historical sex offenses involving turnips!
  • Options
    Pretty sure it was Kinsella - last man off the pitch and heave-ho gesture to the covered end, that morphed into a tunnel jump. 
  • Options
    Pretty sure it was Kinsella - last man off the pitch and heave-ho gesture to the covered end, that morphed into a tunnel jump. 
    It was, then Chris Powell turned it into the tunnel jump.
  • Options
    I thought it was Cory Gibbs  :#
  • Options
    Jumping ☑️ 

Genesis ☑️