Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lee Bowyer, Jackson and Steve Gallen appreciation thread

edited April 13 in General Charlton

Really impressed with the work they've done for us without the lack of support from Roland in terms of investment. They're making us play like an inteligent side and if we get promoted then this should be the best managerial achievement since Curbs.

IF/WHEN we get new owners I really hope they give Bowyer and Jackson a proper contract with investment! Imagine where we'd be if they had proper backing?

Comments

• Add Steve Gallen to that appreciation society too

The connection between him and Bowyer seems so cruical yet feels a bit under rated at times - Dont think we'd have signed half the players in the summer had it not been for him - No discredit to Lee but having been out the game for a while I wonder how clued up he is at the moment with regards to youth players like Bielik / Cullen without the scouting from Steve
    Good point, have edited the title thread.
  • edited April 13
    Love love love
  • 😍
  • DiscoCAFC said:
    Add Steve Gallen to that appreciation society too

The connection between him and Bowyer seems so cruical yet feels a bit under rated at times - Dont think we'd have signed half the players in the summer had it not been for him - No discredit to Lee but having been out the game for a while I wonder how clued up he is at the moment with regards to youth players like Bielik / Cullen without the scouting from Steve
    Good point, have edited the title thread.
    Give JJ a first name too!
  • Scoham said:
    Two things come out of that interview.  First, he'll get headhunted by someone much higher up the league ladder than us.  Second, he's doing Katrien's job on probably a lot less money.

• Superb interview. Steve Avory is right to be added - so too should be Jason Euell. RD doesn't know just what a lucky man he is but by the time he does finally realise what a great club we are it will be too late. 

• If only we had a half decent owner we'd have the perfect set up that would genuinely stand a good chance of getting us back to the premier league. Fear this may end up as a huge opportunity missed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great interview. And to be fair, another Robinson appointment 
  • Great interview. And to be fair, another Robinson appointment 
    Call me cynical, but I always thought Robinson wanted to surround himself with "Charlton people" to protect himself from the fans. Particularly after meeting with the "President " and Katie comments.
  • Well done to all.
  • T_C_E said:
    Great interview. And to be fair, another Robinson appointment 
    Call me cynical, but I always thought Robinson wanted to surround himself with "Charlton people" to protect himself from the fans. Particularly after meeting with the "President " and Katie comments.
    Gallen wasn't a Charlton person. Indeed most people were baffled why he had appointed a QPR academy coach to lead our scouting and recruitment