Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joey Barton Assaults Opposing Manager

Comments

• Options
    I'm surprised it's taken Barton so long to do something twatty as a manager.  Will undoubtedly be sacked.  

Bloke is a scumbag 
  • Options
    Barnsleys statement is weird

Is it possible to confirm something is alleged, doesnt that mean its no longer alleged if its confirmed

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/statement/
    No - it’s alleged until it’s proven. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Is it possible to confirm something is alleged, doesnt that mean its no longer alleged if its confirmed

No - it’s alleged until it’s proven. 
    With Barton we know it’s proven. It is just a question of how long.
  • Options

I'd imagine that Barnsley are being very careful about what they say at this stage and are trying to keep a lid on speculation.

If it is the case that there is enough evidence for Barton to go to court over this they will play it as cool as possible, I'd have thought.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    I had the ‘pleasure’ of knowing Barton’s cousin a few years ago. The cousin who was convicted of the murder of teenager Anthony Walker with an ice pick. He was an utter prick too.
    His brother wasn't it?
  • Options
    I had the ‘pleasure’ of knowing Barton’s cousin a few years ago. The cousin who was convicted of the murder of teenager Anthony Walker with an ice pick. He was an utter prick too.
    His brother wasn't it?

His brother was his cousins co-defendant. Class family eh.
  • Options
    His brother wasn't it?

His brother was his cousins co-defendant. Class family eh.
    Ah I see.  Yeah, lovely all round!

• Options
    I think he'll getting his coat.Idiot keeps on throwing things away.
  • Options
    Be interesting to see Stendel's post match interview (If there is one now) to see if he's cut up or anything

Not that I'd see why Woodrow has to lie

Its frustrating as this is the sort of incident that can really unite a team on the pitch as well when we need Barnsley losing games!!
    Apparently neither club did any post match media.

Surely Barton will be sacked?
    The owner should be sacked for hiring him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see Stendel's post match interview (If there is one now) to see if he's cut up or anything

Not that I'd see why Woodrow has to lie

Its frustrating as this is the sort of incident that can really unite a team on the pitch as well when we need Barnsley losing games!!
    Apparently neither club did any post match media.

Surely Barton will be sacked?
    The owner should be sacked for hiring him.
    Absolutely not. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Just as well everyone decided keeping schtum(ish) about tunnel events was in both Charlton’s and Accrington’s interest.
  • Options
    I wonder if this is a real headbutt or a gentle tap and then the Fleetwood manager dropped to the ground like Neymar and rolled around in agony?

• Options
    Apparently a player witnessed it and there was blood. But his tweet has been deleted
  • Options
    He probably won't be on question time for a while x
    He will be, however it will be two OB asking the questions.
  • Options
    That is the end of his carrer in football
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I don't think that feral side of Barton will ever totally disappear. Anyone who can push a lighted cigar in a young teenage team mates eye, and attack Man City colleague Ousmane Dabo which resulted in a suspended prison sentence and also attack someone on the ground in revenge which saw him sent down is  always  likely to has the crazy switch turned on again at some point.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The comments below his tweet are hilarious!
  • Options
    The usual  smattering of 'Clever' comments but my view is whatever it takes to remove this thug from football, they should do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloke is a nutter.

Cigar in someones eye, smashed up Ousmane Dabo, sent to prison for assaulting a guy in Liverpool, think he punched Perdersen of Blackburn, he got fined for attacking a kid when whoever he played for at the time were training in Thailand, left Rangers after a bust up with Halliday and has had to have anger management counselling on more than 1 occasion.

Think this is probably the final straw now though. His career in the game is surely over.
  • Options
    Didn’t Bowyer have some tunnel argy bargy with some one earlier in the season ?
    accrington I think 
    Yes, it was against Accrington and it all went off in the tunnel but I think it was handbags rather than the (alleged) assault yesterday. Will be interesting to see what is in the referee's report (if he saw it). This is going to run and run!
  • Options
    I wonder if this is a real headbutt or a gentle tap and then the Fleetwood manager dropped to the ground like Neymar and rolled around in agony?

Aren't there reports circulating that the Barnsley manager lost 2 teeth? 
  • Options
    Talal said:

Aren't there reports circulating that the Barnsley manager lost 2 teeth? 
    That's just Barton trying to help him fit in with the locals. 
    Well, it worked for Joe Jordan and Nobby Stiles  ;)
  • Options

Given previous, probably the former. But really it doesn't matter as Barton should never be laying hands (or head) on another manager anyway.
  • Options
    Still, as long as every paying punter is scrutinised with CCTV all is well.
  • Options
    Still, as long as every paying punter is scrutinised with CCTV all is well.
    Hopefully there was CCTV in the tunnel, then Barton will be banged to rights.