Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton v Luton

Comments

• Options
    Thought that was an awful penalty by Taylor.
    I agree, how dare he put it into the net
    I started to wonder if Lyle might be timed out  ;)
  • Options
    Anyone got some gifs of the key moments for us offshore fans?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Had a Luton fan on Twitter telling me it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity because  Igor took his shot and it went wide. Have just ask him if it had gone in, would the keeper have been sent off.
  • Options
    On reflection, there was a small doubt whether it was a goal scoring opportunity or not. It was one of those where the ref has to make a call not being 100% himself. Then you have the Williams challenge where he has to make a call when he is probably not 100%. It all helps when he has to make another call later.
  • Options
    On reflection, there was a small doubt whether it was a goal scoring opportunity or not. It was one of those where the ref has to make a call not being 100% himself. Then you have the Williams challenge where he has to make a call when he is probably not 100%. It all helps when he has to make another call later.

We stuffed Luton's 28 game unbeaten run. Deservedly beat them 3-1. What else matters?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a Luton fan on Twitter telling me it wasn’t a goal scoring opportunity before Ivor took his shot and it went wide. Have just ask him if it had gone in, would the keeper have been sent off.
    Yeah I liked that reply on there mate haha 
  • Options
    If the keeper comes charging out of his area, doesn’t get the ball and wipes out the player - it’s a red 
    Agree, 100%

The goal scoring opportunity doesn't matter,
    It was serious foul play and was a straight red card. Igor was taken out, wiped out, mullered. The goalkeeper should of done the walk of Shame and 13k Cafc fans could have waved him goodbye.

Roger East and Michael Oliver would of sent him off for the reason above.

• Options
    Straight red for the keeper all day long, Igor was fortunate not to have been seriously injured and out for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Did Luton have a shot in the second half?
    Who cares?
  • Options
    Nobody will want us in the play offs. Hope we haven't peaked too soon though.Wish the EFL would make its mind up on play off dates, Im trying to plan my trip around the games :)

• Options
    The shot where Taylor hit the bar, should have been a pen, as his marker was holding him back.
    Definitely - looked a penalty to me.
  • Options
    Great result and performance. Aribo however is way off where he was.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Superb result yesterday, only got to see the second half on ifollow, gave them a footballing lesson and I think it's pretty clear now that starting eleven would be Bowyer's first choice in a one off winner takers all contest. We will probably still see a bit of rotation in the remaining gamers to keep fringe players involved, rest others with slight knocks and where it'll be horses for courses maybe at Gillingham and Oxford. In Bowyer and JJ we trust! Onwards and upwards COYRs.
  • Options
    Does anyone have a link to The Hatters main form.....cheers?
    The Sunderland forum will be funnier though!
    https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/us-barnsley-pompey-charlton.1469760/
    They’re a positive bunch, aren’t they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did Luton have a shot in the second half?
    Who cares?
    Our players care, because it proves how one sided the 2nd half was after Luton were the more clinical team in the First half.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Re their ‘keeper on Igor. It was similar to Grant getting taken out at Old Trafford -no attempt to play the ball, intent only on stopping the player. Straight red. 
  • Options
    Re their ‘keeper is n Igor. It was similar to Grant getting taken out at Old Trafford -no attempt to play the ball, intent only on stopping the player. Straight red. 
    Retribution for Deano nearly decapitating Louis Saha
  • Options

Admittedly I don’t go that much now but can’t remember such a good performance in years.

Great time at the walk this morning and to top it all, my wife called me just before the end to see if I wanted a lift home.

Am now sat on the sofa with an ice cold beer and snacks watching a film together 
    Whilst I struggled through the crowds to get the train ... thanks neighbour  ;) That aside, really good to meet you yesterday 

• Options
    Just got home.

what a great day. 

Charlton Athletic are getting a bit of personality and bollocks about them 💪
    Apart from Beilik?
  • Options
    What a game ! Great atmosphere 

Thought we should have defended Lutons goal better and in the first half we looked a bit predictable in midfield ...I can see why Luton are where they are but I thought we exposed their limitations in the 2nd half with Williams and bielek running at them and Taylor and igor moving their centre backs around ...was so pleased for Igor..took his goal well and great cross for Taylor's goal ...he could be our secret weapon in the next few games...

Great game coya !
  • Options
    Great to see the old igor back 
  • Options
    The account that tweeted this is pure genius and well worth a follow!  👀