Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: Charlton v Luton

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Thought it was a good honest interview personally. Gives us credit and even says the keeper on Igor might have been a red when it was the correct call IMO. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    CAFCTrev said:
    Thought it was a good honest interview personally. Gives us credit and even says the keeper on Igor might have been a red when it was the correct call IMO. 
    Their keeper should have been sent off, and the Williams pen minutes before the Lyle one was a stonewaller. They barely threatened in the second half and we deserved to win, Lyles pen wasnt a deciding factor. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    To be fair I'd agree the penalty was soft and probably changed the game in the sense that it brought us level and put more pressure on the Luton defence to make those two mistakes

The fact remains though that Williams should have had a penalty minutes earlier so evened itself up

If anything; Sonny Bradley was an idiot to put himself in a position only moments after that decision when it would have been fresh in the referee's mind
  • Options
    Fantastic game - can't remember last time I enjoyed a game so much. Felt we could have had a couple of pens that weren't given.

Lost my voice by the end. Great atmosphere and good win over Luton who looked classy in the first 45. 

Automatic promotion still an outside chance but we must have a good chance in the playoffs
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Hes forgetting their keeper should have sent off, and the Williams pen minutes before the Lyle one was a stonewaller. 
    Well he's not, he mentioned the incident and says it was touch and go for a red which is probably fair. Without seeing the replay I thought a yellow was fair. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    To be fair I'd agree the penalty was soft and probably changed the game in the sense that it brought us level and put more pressure on the Luton defence to make those two mistakes

The fact remains though that Williams should have had a penalty minutes earlier so evened itself up

If anything; Sonny Bradley was an idiot to put himself in a position only moments after that decision when it would have been fresh in the referee's mind
    Yeah I feel the ref made a couple of howlers with the keeper not getting sent off and the Williams pen, so any player going down with some contact in the box hed be more inclined to give a pen 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Yeah I feel the ref made a couple of howlers with the keeper not getting sent off and the Williams pen, so any player going down with some contact in the box hed be more inclined to give a pen 
    Agreed, I think we "earned" that penalty on cumulative fouls!
  • Options
    John Moncurs son is an f- ing beast.

I thought he had a rucksack on under his shirt!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Luton countered very well with pace and purpose and scored a great goal in the first half. Both sides looked above the level and it was a great advert for the League. Incredible decision not to send their keeper off but I thought we might get a pen as ref must have known he had called it wrong. The Williams non penalty, I think I agree with, he knew the player was running with him, slowed down and let the player run into him them dived over. The Taylor penalty was a bit soft, but stupid of the defender who should have been more careful where he put his hands. Justice as they should have been down to ten earlier.

I thought we made them look League One in the second half. It was great to see Vetokele looking like the decent striker we have been hoping for. What isn't to like?
  • Options
    Wasn’t there for obvious reasons. I hate Roland.
  • Options
    Luton claiming our goals were all ''gifts" - sour grapes!
    So was ours to them; Had Purrington not been out of position we wouldnt have been a man down at the back so would have snuffed out the ball sooner

All goals are ultimately gifts to the opposition!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Is it fair to say we are best side in the division at this point in time?
    If we play like today then yes.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Well we're top of the form table over the last eight games and three of those games have been against teams in the top six (Luton | Portsmouth | Doncaster) whilst just one of those games was against one of the teams that were / are in the relegation zone (Bradford)
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Slowly coming back down to earth after a superb performance. Luton piled on the pressure after they took the lead with an impressive finish from Cornick in the first half and we were certanily not overawed by their play. We looked deadly in the second half and hit them with a quick one two knock out punch after equalizing. Ref should have thrown in the towel for Hartford after that third goal and it was a sight to behold seeing that Covered End and the rest of the ground bouncing when we took the lead and then got a third. Shame we have only got Bielik for one season as he is mustard.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think we are .

if we don’t get promoted , have we underperformed this season ?

Probably not but this bunch of players should get promoted 

• Options
    Asking again.....does anyone have a link to or know the name of Luton’s most popular fans forum?
    I’ve looked but can’t find one that looks even remotely interesting.
  • Options
    Are they talking about our Williams and Taylor

http://members.boardhost.com/lutonoutlaws/msg/1555181298.html

Even if we dont go up they wont go Luton haha
  • Options
    Asking again.....does anyone have a link to or know the name of Luton’s most popular fans forum?
    I’ve looked but can’t find one that looks even remotely interesting.
    Luton outlaws
    The avenue of evil

seriously
  • Options
    Luton claiming our goals were all ''gifts" - sour grapes!
    So was ours to them; Had Purrington not been out of position we wouldnt have been a man down at the back so would have snuffed out the ball sooner

All goals are ultimately gifts to the opposition!!
    Glad you mentioned this - three times in the first half, purrington ambler back when out of position .  Glad that didn’t cost us; granted he improved as the match went on 
  • Options
    Charlton at their best. 
    COYR
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    He was getting forwards - people moan when he doesn't. The thing was, in the first half Luton broke with pace, quality and purpose. We edged the half, but they looked most likely to be fair. In the second half we were totally dominant. 

The ref was poor - should have shown their keeper a red, I think he wasn't sure. Then decided Williams collison wasn't a pen, which I think was correct, but the third call, he was going to side with us. it is how most refs work! Thought it was stupid of the Luton player to put his hands where he did, but Taylor played for it.

Well deserved win though against a team, let's remind ourselves, haven't been beaten in 6 months!