Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Player Of The Year Vote

Comments

• Well voting has ceased and the trophies are being engraved. There is an award for first, second and third place.. You still have time to order your ticket for the Player of the Year Dinner on Sunday 5th May so that you can witness the presentations yourself. Lee and all the first team squad will be there , but move quickly and ring the ticket office tomorrow, It is the final day when tickets will be on sale. Don't miss out on what is going to be a great night as the season moves towards a fascinating conclusion.
  • Well voting has ceased and the trophies are being engraved. There is an award for first, second and third place.. You still have time to order your ticket for the Player of the Year Dinner on Sunday 5th May so that you can witness the presentations yourself. Lee and all the first team squad will be there , but move quickly and ring the ticket office tomorrow, It is the final day when tickets will be on sale. Don't miss out on what is going to be a great night as the season moves towards a fascinating conclusion.
    How do I get a ticket?
  • Can I change my vote to Joe Aribo? :-)
  • Ring the ticket office to buy a ticket
  • Funniest comment of the season last week. A bloke was coming through the East Stand taking people’s vote for POTY. A family of four behind me were debating their choices. In the end, the dad shouted out to the bloke writing down the numbers...” Oi mate, give me two Aribo’s,  one Taylor and one Cullen”.
  • Not at all knocking the Taylor love in here. He has been fantastic and fully deserves all credit but there needs to be serious praise for Naby too. Wasn’t too long ago that you could universally find complete and utter condemnation of him as a player. Indeed the butt of many jokes. The turn around in his game and commitment and an obvious willingness to listen and learn have taken him from total zero to hero. Who would have bet a penny on him being talked about as possible POTY. 
  • Naby will come second.
  • edited April 2019
    Naby for me, but Taylor, Cullen, Aribo, Phillips and Bielik close.
    Taylor will  win, with Cullen or Naby second?

Having said that, I voted before Lyle's free kick, and a couple of his best performances. I'd vote Lyle now.
  • @killerjerrylee are you putting Nabby's full name on the trophy :wink:
  • Rob7Lee said:
    @killerjerrylee are you putting Nabby's full name on the trophy :wink:
    Naby?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Naby?
    Oh yer, the one B...... 

Mouhamadou-Naby Sarr

• Rob7Lee said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Naby?
    Oh yer, the one B...... 

Mouhamadou-Naby Sarr

Didn't know it was hyphenated. That's an expensive team shirt.
  • Not at all knocking the Taylor love in here. He has been fantastic and fully deserves all credit but there needs to be serious praise for Naby too. Wasn’t too long ago that you could universally find complete and utter condemnation of him as a player. Indeed the butt of many jokes. The turn around in his game and commitment and an obvious willingness to listen and learn have taken him from total zero to hero. Who would have bet a penny on him being talked about as possible POTY. 
    Naby has been excellent, but far less important to the team than Taylor when you look at his goals and assists this season. We have plenty of strength at the back

Naby certainly would win the most improved player prize though!
  • edited April 2019
    Not at all knocking the Taylor love in here. He has been fantastic and fully deserves all credit but there needs to be serious praise for Naby too. Wasn’t too long ago that you could universally find complete and utter condemnation of him as a player. Indeed the butt of many jokes. The turn around in his game and commitment and an obvious willingness to listen and learn have taken him from total zero to hero. Who would have bet a penny on him being talked about as possible POTY. 
    Naby has been excellent, but far less important to the team than Taylor when you look at his goals and assists this season. We have plenty of strength at the back

Naby certainly would win the most improved player prize though!
    I think he gives us more than just strength at the back. He's an outlet, as he's good on the ball, and an excellent passer. He starts moves, and offers a real threat on the occasions he gets forward. But Taylor is the deserved winner all round. I'm sure Naby wouldn't argue with that. 
  • I tweeted yesterday that there are lots of likeable / talented / improved / committed players this season, but Lyle absolutely walks POTY imo. 

Genuinely can’t remember a player other than Chris Powell having such a connect with fans off the pitch and real impact on the pitch to accompany it.

Been a tremendous signing

Thank God for Thomas Driesen... 
  • Digressing slightly what about young player? What is a 'young' player? 21 and under maybe?

(Wash my mouth out) Karlan Grant, George Lapslie and 'Ironwillie' are the candidates for me.

Karlan is probably persona non grata so it's one of the other two. I'm conflicted. A few weeks back I'd have said George no question but Anfernee has come up on the rails and it's a photo finish.
  • LenGlover said:
    Digressing slightly what about young player? What is a 'young' player? 21 and under maybe?

(Wash my mouth out) Karlan Grant, George Lapslie and 'Ironwillie' are the candidates for me.

Karlan is probably persona non grata so it's one of the other two. I'm conflicted. A few weeks back I'd have said George no question but Anfernee has come up on the rails and it's a photo finish.
    Kristian Bielik is four months younger - and a far better player - than George Lapslie.
  • I'd also add Albie Morgan to the list of young player of the year
  • Bowyer believes Cullen is the best midfielder in the division so surely he must be close?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2019
    Has to be Taylor. Forget this "most improved" nonsense for Sarr. Taylor is one of the best and most effective players in the division. 
  • LenGlover said:
    Digressing slightly what about young player? What is a 'young' player? 21 and under maybe?

Kristian Bielik is four months younger - and a far better player - than George Lapslie.
    Didn't realise Kristian was that young. Yes he is obviously a contender too in that case.
  • Is there a player of the year night this year?
  • edited April 2019

LenGlover said:
    LenGlover said:

Didn't realise Kristian was that young. Yes he is obviously a contender too in that case.

Yes, astonishingly young for such mature ability.

• 1) Nabby best center back in the divison
    2) Cullen best midfielder in the divison
    3) Taylor best striker in the divison

If the first 2 had played as many games as Taylor we would be already up IMO. 

Cullen is not even the best midfielder at Chartlon.
    He may be very good, but is 3rd behind Aribo and Bielik.

Cullen is not even the best midfielder at Chartlon.
    He may be very good, but is 3rd behind Aribo and Bielik.
    Makes a nice change from arguing who the least worse is though..   
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    1) Nabby best center back in the divison

I'm not sure Nabby is even the best CB at the club.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Waiting for someone to say Ajose is better tham Taylor now 😂😂😂😂
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Seeing Naby and Bauer now shows the flaw of the Driesen style of recruitment, where you pick players on their potential rather on what the club actually needed 4 years ago. Naby has proved his worth, but it took 3 years to reach that point