Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player Of The Year Vote

Comments

• Options
    Whoever scores the playoff final winner.
    was your mouth out, you mean the winner against Rochdale that puts us second! (It'll be Nabby by the way, 25 yard free kick)
  • Options
    Took a peak at the clip board and it looked like Taylor followed by Sarr which seems reasonable.
  • Options
    Sarr, Phillips or Taylor - can't choose. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I was looking for fanny (story of my life) to give my vote to but saw @killerjerrylee first so gave my vote for Lyle Taylor. 
    Even though I considered Sarr, Cullen, Bauer and Phillips, Lyle have been the Player and personality of the season since his first game at Sunderland to his larger than life Performance yesterday when he was nearly timed out when he took so long to get to the ball before taking the penalty.  His sheer enjoyment in those last few minutes is a joy to see in a professional player. 
    After having a good chat to him at Charlton Ladies(the game he sponsored) and a quick chat at Bromley addicks he is a good guy and having hit 20 goals would be a deserved winner of POTY.

Despite Taylor's 20 goals the golden boot must go to Bielik for his taking one for the team at the covered end against Accrington Stanley. 
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor.
  • Options
    Taylor, with Cullen a close second
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    Anyone else think it's too early to really decide yet? There's still 6 crucial games left as well as the playoffs. I'd say Cullen right now but that could easily change if he has a bad last 6 games and Taylor keeps scoring and fires us in to the top 2. Don't know why these votes are done before the most important part of the season takes place.
    OK. Let's look at the logistics of taking votes at The Valley.

The only remaining home games before the last of the season ( the day before the dinner takes place) are tomorrow and on Easter Monday. Therefore they are the only opportunities left to us to "service" (oooer, missus) those fans who don't have the means to vote online, or indeed would rather do so in person.

I'm not totally sure when  online voting will be closed but apart from the reasonably easy task of counting the votes, the trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places have to be engraved ready to present on Sunday 5th May.  So I would expect the closing date for ALL voting to be a week or so before the final weekend of the season.

I shall ask @killerjerrylee to confirm this though.

Hope that helps....but remember this is a poll for fans' player of the YEAR ie taking into consideration the players' contributions throughout the current season. 
    Why not get a trophy engraved for each player in each of 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then you can keep the count open to the last few minutes?
  • Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:
    Anyone else think it's too early to really decide yet? There's still 6 crucial games left as well as the playoffs. I'd say Cullen right now but that could easily change if he has a bad last 6 games and Taylor keeps scoring and fires us in to the top 2. Don't know why these votes are done before the most important part of the season takes place.

The only remaining home games before the last of the season ( the day before the dinner takes place) are tomorrow and on Easter Monday. Therefore they are the only opportunities left to us to "service" (oooer, missus) those fans who don't have the means to vote online, or indeed would rather do so in person.

I'm not totally sure when  online voting will be closed but apart from the reasonably easy task of counting the votes, the trophies for 1st, 2nd & 3rd places have to be engraved ready to present on Sunday 5th May.  So I would expect the closing date for ALL voting to be a week or so before the final weekend of the season.

Hope that helps....but remember this is a poll for fans' player of the YEAR ie taking into consideration the players' contributions throughout the current season. 
    Why not get a trophy engraved for each player in each of 1st, 2nd and 3rd, then you can keep the count open to the last few minutes?
    If only someone would fund three trophies, two of which would be redundant immediately, every season.

: - )
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Whoever scores the playoff final winner.
    Pessimist. Whoever scores the winner against Rochdale to leapfrog Barnsley to put us in second place
  • Options
    Closing date for online voting is Wednesday 24th April.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ReeCAFC15 said:

If only someone would fund three trophies, two of which would be redundant immediately, every season.

: - )
    My idea wouldn't need two redundant trophies, it would be three per player (although we could probably not make any for Ajose) less the three that actually get used.  You can now hopefully see I wasn't being serious.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    I gave my vote to the chap standing near @Airman Brown . Saw @Fanny Fanackapan shortly afterwards and she was surrounded by fans. The other chap was on his own!
  • Options
    1. Taylor
    2. Grant
    3. Sarr or Phillips depending on the last few games

Would've easily gone to Grant if he stayed for me
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    I gave my vote to the chap standing near @Airman Brown . Saw @Fanny Fanackapan shortly afterwards and she was surrounded by fans. The other chap was on his own!

I know ( sigh) 

A mobbed Fanny....
  • Options
    they were collecting votes on clip boards outside the ground on Saturday
  • Options
    Time is running out to cast your vote for Player of the Year. There will be a few of us collecting votes outside the ground again today. Otherwise do it online at   https://surveyhero.com/c/b457cff2.
  • Options
    Four contenders as I see it: Cullen, Phillips, Sarr, Taylor.  I could make solid arguments for all of them but it's goals that win matches so I think Taylor will get it.  Personally, given he wasn't first choice at the start of the season but is now immovable, I've got to go for Phillips.
    I agree it could be all 4 but I have to vote for Taylor.

The reason being if Sarr doesn't play we have Pearce and are fine.

If Phillips doesn't play we have Maxwell and should be fine, as we were with Steer.

When Cullen missed a large part of the season, we weren't quite as good, but overall did fine.

When Taylor was out it's been difficult and if Taylor got injured on Saturday and was out until July, who thinks we'd have a chance of promotion ?

Taylor edges it on performance and is undoubtedly our most important player, bearing in mind the make up of our squad.

If you don't agree think about RHF back in for Taylor when his loan at Bromley ends.
    It's got to be Taylor.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    It can only be Taylor......20 league goals fgs plus a hat trick in the FA Cup. Only BWP, Super Clive & Andy Hunt have scored more in a season over the past 30 years.. (and the season hasnt finished)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Phil said:
    Agree and in addition what adds to this is how he conducts himself on and off the pitch and his connection with the fans and community.
    Spot on.
  • Options
    I've seen enough games this season, though mostly on TV, to consider myself in a position to vote. It had to be Lyle for all the reasons above. Naby was close at the start of the year when Lyle was eiyther suspended or lacking a partner upfront but he's shone again in the past few weeks.
  • Options
    Several candidates but Lyle stands out. Sarr, Phillips, Cullen and Aribo have had good seasons.
  • Options
    Looked at the pic in the Scunny programme of Lyle connecting with the ball for the goal against Luton, and I thought.....
    How many Charlton players that I remember could/would connect with that cross and score ?

Not many !!!!!
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/league-one/top-scorers

Funnily the BBC have him at 20 goals but only 9 assists! Still well ahead of his rivals on that front though.

Some of the numbers for the smaller clubs are impressive
    Henderson 19 goals for Rochdale, Eaves 19 for Gillingham, Evans 17 for Fleetwood, Ladapo 17 for Plymouth