Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sunderland Worried?

Comments

• Options
    Think all this speculation is exciting but pretty pointless as I can't see us winning all our games and I can't see Sunderland or Pompey blowing things now. But, I suppose until it's mathematically impossible we can keep dreaming.
  • Options
    addick05 said:
    Think all this speculation is exciting but pretty pointless as I can't see us winning all our games and I can't see Sunderland or Pompey blowing things now. But, I suppose until it's mathematically impossible we can keep dreaming.
    What about Barnsley still to finish 2nd?
  • Options
    Probably a little bit more worried tonight than they were at 3pm........

1 point from 2 home games this week.
  • Options
    Scoring 4 at home and not winning would be a worry for any team 
  • Options
    Can we rename the thread to "Everyone Worried?"
  • Options
    Annoyingly Barnsley stopped the rot today and their run in looks quite easy. Also because of their much better GD we need them to drop points in 2 games.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    Don’t get your hopes up , I’ve been in to the future and the good news is we are going to Wembley , the bad news is we are losing on penalties , not sure who against 
  • Options
    We’re not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We’re not.
    How about... "Everyone Else Worried?"
  • Options
    Didnt realise that we've the third best defence in terms of goals conceded!!!
  • Options
    To answer the question...Yes.
  • Options
    Shocking result for them, must have a look at the Sunderland message boards when I get home 
  • Options
    Didnt realise that we've the third best defence in terms of goals conceded!!!
    But the worst of the top 7 for goals scored.

Still, if 2019 is anything to go by (8 goals conceded in 17 games and never more than one in a match) we give ourselves every chance of nicking  wins.

We were on the receiving end of three 1-0 defeats at the end of last season. I'd take three wins by that margin in this year's Play Offs.
  • Options
    Don’t get your hopes up , I’ve been in to the future and the good news is we are going to Wembley , the bad news is we are losing on penalties , not sure who against 
    How many fans did we take to Wembley oohahh did we sell out our full allocation? 
  • Options
    I’m worried !! if we don’t go up (by however means) this season 
    the crest of a wave everyone’s riding on and to not make it with the players we have could feel like a massive kick in the nuts and suck the life out of us for the start of next season .
    Added to the fact if we don’t go up, 3/4 of our team will leave in the summer. Worrying times. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just been chatting to a mackem mate online, he was ranting like a goodun 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Billy Batts said:
    Said not to write Charlton off in the week. They're hitting form at the right time.
    they have everything we don't. pace power and a pretty much settled side with a striker who shows for the ball and looks dangerous everytime he has it. They battered Luton today
  • Options
    Everyone is worried about us. We’re the form team and we just destroyed a team who hadn’t lost in 28 games. And even if we don’t make top 2, no one will want to play us in the play offs
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We have to win all of our remaining games and if we do 91 points will normally do it. But you can't be certain in this league. We don't really have the same pressure the other teams have which is in our favour. What is against us, is there are three other teams. It was a big defeat for Sunderland today. Before today we needed them to lose two and draw one - that is one of the defeats chalked off. A draw against Portsmouth will make things really interesting. 

Oxford won't be easy and Gills will raise their game against us. But on paper we ought to win our remaining games!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    the crest of a wave everyone’s riding on and to not make it with the players we have could feel like a massive kick in the nuts and suck the life out of us for the start of next season .
    oohahh, FFS, just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Next season is next season’s problem. 

Live love laugh and be happy. Especially when we’ve just schooled the League leaders. 
  • Options
    We wont get 2nd. Not because we’re not good enough but because we weren’t good enough earlier in the season. We are however capable of winning the playoffs. We have momentum and now we will gave a real belief. In the playoffs both are important. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We have a few positions we can't cover so we need to steer clear of injuries, but the team we put out is the best in the league. I have said before but I think at least eight of our players are the best players in the division for their position. We can have a debate whether that eight, in my opinion, is between five or nine but the point stands whatever number you think applies.
  • Options
    oohahh, FFS, just enjoy the ride while it lasts. Next season is next season’s problem. 

Live me love laugh and be happy. Especially when we’ve just schooled the League leaders. 
    We should all enjoy the ride the rest of the season.
    Because whether we go up or stay in league 1 Roland will be ripping us a new one next season 
  • Options
    The reason Sunderland should be worried is they are not as good as Luton, Pompey and us at the moment. That suggests they have a decent chance of not going up.
  • Options
    The reason Sunderland should be worried is they are not as good as Luton, Pompey and us at the moment. That suggests they have a decent chance of not going up.
    The pressure is on them as well, as they'll be expecting automatic especially when you look at what they paid for Grigg in January