Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wycombe v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Another win on the road for the mighty reds!

starting to get a bit interesting at the top.

thoughts on the performance?

Comments

• Options
    It’s happening.....
  • Options
    Another clean sheet.
  • Options
    Winning ugly
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    A bit a bit scrappy to be honest but hey who’s complaining, we won ugly.
  • Options
    Just made it! Sounded like Wycombe deserved a point. Very close game looking at the stats. Well done the Addicks - great three points!! Thanks to Ross for the match thread and to all others who contributed. Saturday will be a massive contest and I hope we can field our strongest 11 (and get another three points).     
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We can certainly put in the gutsy performances. Automatic promotion unlikely but not impossible.
  • Options
    Quite enjoying how we've forgotten how to concede. I believe i read Phillips has conceded the least amount of goals of anyone in the efl in 2019. Up the addicks! 
  • Options
    From some of the comments sounds like Igor played well. Could be crucial if he can add a goal or 2 between now and the end of the season. Well done boys. Got to keep going for 2nd until its mathematically impossible 
  • Options
    It must be said, Wycombe never created one clear chance.....great defending by our lads.
  • Options
    From some of the comments sounds like Igor played well. Could be crucial if he can add a goal or 2 between now and the end of the season. Well done boys. Got to keep going for 2nd until its mathematically impossible 
    Didnt stop running all night, twice got through on goal so maybe should have scored but really tormented them

Its a shame he doesnt have his pace from when he joined as he would have been even more lethal tonight - Back to full fitness in my opinion and justified his start
  • Options
    Pearce and Bauer = first choice

Maybe too late for automatic promotion but while it's possible have to keep trying for it.

If not we go into play-offs with momentum, an inform penalty saving keeper and a nearly full fit squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now just 8 goals conceded in 16 games since Phillips came into the team against Walsall.

Phillips, Bauer, Pearce and Sarr all in outstanding form at the moment.

We may not score that many but carry on conceding that few goals and I can only say again that we really aren't going to need to score a hat full of goals to sink our play off rivals.

• Options
    We made hard work of it but 3 points is 3 points. And Bowyer managed to preserve Williams and Bielik. We'll need them for Luton on Saturday.

All in all a very satisfying 3 points away from home.
  • Options
    Watched in i-Follow, thought we rode our luck and again we were being bossed for the first 25 minutes of the game. After we scored we looked comfortable for the rest of the 1st half, 2nd half however we were fortunate they didn't equalise, but we have learn't to dig in and are very difficult to score against. We got 3 points winning ugly and as I said rode our luck. Good news is that it seems no injuries, a few players rested and Sunderland dropped 2 points. Can we beat Luton, yes I think we can but need to play better from the off. What a week this could be if we can get 9 points.....can we 'nick 2nd....tough call but I think we are going to make those around us sit up and take notice. Well done lads and well done to those who went......didnt stop singing all night...fantastic support!
  • Options
    Holy shit - we're seeing CAFC at Wembley again
  • Options
    Pearce and Bauer = first choice

Maybe too late for automatic promotion but while it's possible have to keep trying for it.

If not we go into play-offs with momentum, an inform penalty saving keeper and a nearly full fit squad.
    I can see Pearce v Sarr being a very heated argument on here that may deserve its own thread

We're blessed with three excellent Centre-Backs in Bauer | Pearce | Sarr... If Page was fit then I'd suggest going 3-5-2 but wonder if Purrington has that ability to play Wing Back

Yes Sarr has been magnificent himself the last 20-odd games but you can only go on the last one and on that showing its difficult to drop either him or Pearce as both played well tonight (Sarr having a good cameo in what would have been a difficult game to join) - In all I dont envy the job Bowyer has on his hands dropping one of them and think that we have to go as per the opposition, there will be times when Sarr will be better suited to the team we're facing, there will be times when we need Pearce... Ultimately think (unless we lose due a mistake of theirs) we need to trust Lee's judgement on whoever starts out of each
  • Options
    Holy shit - we're seeing CAFC at Wembley again
    No... No we're not... COS WE'RE FINISHING SECOND!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    It must be said, Wycombe never created one clear chance.....great defending by our lads.
    Apart from the point blank header Phillips saved near the end and the point blank shot that luckily hit his leg earlier on.
    Wycombe deserved a point. 
    But as I said earlier on, we seem to have forgotten how to lose.
    Not a bad trait for a team in the play offs.