Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Angriest/ most annoying football moments at Charlton

Comments on another thread about Van Persie's screamer when he should have been sent off.

What other Charlton footballing moments have had  you going ape?

Fulham's dodgy free kick that was a throw in is one I remember.

Comments

• Options
    Scoring 4 against 10 man Millwall and still managing to leave feeling like a defeat.
    Pardew doing a sarcastic clap to the covered end after the 5-2 defeat to Sheffield United. 
  • Options
    It was always getting utterly humiliated at white hart lane under Les Reed then came the hammering at the toolbox and I will never be as angry at a Charlton team as I was that day I properly lost my shit in the second half and had a ten minute long tantrum as another sideways pass went out for a spanner throw. What made me even angrier was getting back to the pub with a couple of the other lads and the millwall boys we met in Rochester were sympathetic towards us we were that pathetic. 

I've been in a state of mild anger every time I have been since shitarse took control of the club, I could see what was going to happen a mile off and the fact that that prick has forced my hand to boycott and miss a lot of time with my pals makes me angry thinking about it, and the fact that Bowyer will get an insult of a contract offer and leave despite the miracle he has worked with what he has and the lack of support from the wealthiest owner we have ever had and next season the chickens will be properly roosting. 

I also stormed out of Bournemouth away when the argie full back we had finally got pulled up for the most flannely foul throw I can remember, I also had the hump with a couple of our fans giving Wright-Phillips a load of shit. Had a really good night in Bournemouth that night though 
  • Options
    Riga substituting Harriot when he was the only player doing anything in our relegation season. Just why
  • Options
    I think the angriest I’ve been at a match was against Exeter in the Parkinson era. We were absolute shite and lost 1 0 to a last minute penalty. Went apeshit at the final whistle screaming and shouting at the team how shit they were and to fuck off (I’d had a few beers).

The 5 2 loss at Blackpool ran it a close 2nd.
  • Options
    Not sure I've ever seethed after a match as much as the 5-0 defeat at Watford (when Luzon's work permit hadn't come through)

Had a couple of unenjoyable away game experiences too, due to the behaviour of certain fans in the away end too. One at Walsall, one at Birmingham spring to mind...
  • Options
    When this bloke from Belgium bought us, sacked our manager just before a vital cup game then got us relegated and has pissed on our dreams ever since.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watford away 5-0
    Wycombe at home in the cup (was it quarter finals?)
    Millwall away 4-0
    Stuart McCall (possibly incorrect) sent off in northeast corner of The Valley during prem years for dirty stamp. One of first times I’d ever seen a disgusting piece of play at football 
  • Options
    Wycombe 0-1 game
    Sheff Utd in the FA Cup
  • Options
    4-0 at the toolbox
    Wycombe at home
    Gillingham away in the Cup under Curbishley.

Disgusting performances.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Colchester away FA Cup defeat was the end of an awful week, laundry basket day. I left fuming.

Going further back a boxing day, early kick off trouncing at Wimbledon gave me the raging hump as well.
  • Options
    Wycombe 0-1 game
    Sheff Utd in the FA Cup
    Forgotten about the cup game, pretty pissed off that day too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sticking to this season, Sunderland player not getting sent off and then scoring.

More recent has to be the home game against Millwall with the goal keeper chuck up given as a foul.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Millwall away, 2-0 up with four minutes to go. Drew 2-2.
    I watched that on teletext in an Amsterdam coffee shop.

Their 2 goals updated very late so thought we’d won.

Was pissed off for a while, then remembered where I was and forgot about it.
    Space cake Dave ? 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Millwall away, 2-0 up with four minutes to go. Drew 2-2.
    I watched that on teletext in an Amsterdam coffee shop.

Their 2 goals updated very late so thought we’d won.

Was pissed off for a while, then remembered where I was and forgot about it.
    Space cake Dave ?
    A bit more than that if I’m honest.
  • Options
    When we got promoted from League one, and lost 0-1 to Palace after BWP had a perfectly good goal disallowed 
    Which would have been the difference to them being bloody promoted as well

Might have even have been us in the Play-Offs that year!!!
  • Options
    This season is Grant taking the money and running knowing full well where that would leave us and then coming onto this forum and reading that it was all ok and that is just the way things go. Jeez.
  • Options
    I think the angriest I’ve been at a match was against Exeter in the Parkinson era. We were absolute shite and lost 1 0 to a last minute penalty. Went apeshit at the final whistle screaming and shouting at the team how shit they were and to fuck off (I’d had a few beers).

You were so angry you missed a Charlton goal.
  • Options
    When we got promoted from League one, and lost 0-1 to Palace after BWP had a perfectly good goal disallowed 
    Which would have been the difference to them being bloody promoted as well

Might have even have been us in the Play-Offs that year!!!
    Same with the Bauer goal against Millwall

That would have stopped them from reaching the Play-Offs!!!
  • Options

You were so angry you missed a Charlton goal.
    I’d forgotten that goal, although I’d left the ground by the time it was scored. Walked the whole length of the stand on the way out telling the team what I thought of them in quite a load voice.
  • Options
    The Millwall disallowed goal was ridiculous.

And the Peterborough game this season where it looked for all the world we should've had a pen and they go down the other end and was it Toney that dived to win it? I absolutely detest Peterborough - that's mainly Adrian Durham's fault but they've also had some very scummy players
  • Options
    100% the Peterborough game

Didnt talk for about a day afterwards, and it still winds me up now, I have never left a game so angry.

How the fuck was it a penalty