Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Plymouth v Charlton 2019 post-match views

3 points. Over to you. 

Comments

• Nice to keep ticking over when those around us keep winning.

decent couple of assists for the two goals
  • Great result .
    Brilliant match thread. 
    This pretty much confirms our playoff spot.
    The only team I would not be confident against is Sunderland .
    As they won today and Barnsley lost I don't think we could have asked for much better .
    COYA. 
  • Massive week coming up. Win Tuesday and next Saturday and hope the others drop some points 
  • Says it all doesnt it...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/formtabelle/wettbewerb/GB3

Its nice to have that bit of hope that we're going to catch second spot but with Sunderland's advantage I dont see it happening - As it is we'll be forced to settle for the Play-Offs and as per the above link the winners usually end up being the team in form... No we werent great in the first 38mins and had to rely on a Man of the Match display from Dillon Phillips but the penalty save was the turning point and from then on we absolutely dominated

Of course the second goal killed it and it may have been a more even game in the second half but Bowyer's attitude seems to be a sensible case of going into games; getting the job done and ensuring no injuries / suspensions (the latter we were maybe lucky with today) - A 5-0 win would be nice and would be well deserved for the team at some stage this season but its not necessary, not until Wembley at least...
  • Amazed we still had 11 men on the pitch at the final whistle.....looked odds on someone or other was going to get a second yellow.
    So well done to the lads for keeping their heads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just 8 goals conceded in 15 games since Phillips came into the team against Walsall.

We may not score that many but carry on conceding that few goals and we really aren't going to need to score a hat full of goals to sink our play off rivals.
    And we've still yet to concede more than one goal in a League game this season that he's been in goal for

Its why at the moment I'm so happy when we go 2-0 up or 2-1 up because I just have this feeling that its job done
  • Wasn't there but caled it correct on the preview thread (apart from giving the 2nd goal to Reeves....but I'm sure he can do a Grant & claim it...)

I'm not sure if some of the previous posters have seen the table & current form as Sunderland will now go on to claim the 2nd auto spot. Only not there by 1 goal & they have 2 games in hand over Barnsley. 

Still think we'll stay where we are in 5th & may play Barnsley now instead of Pompey.....but it will be 1 of those 2. 
  • Guess which League One club has the most points in the last 5?
  • Every week we are looking a little more like Chris Powell's promotion team.
    When you've all stopped laughing.
    I don't mean in overall ability, because this team is not as good.
    But I mean in the way that we have found the ability to keep games tight, keep clean sheets and win games.
    You sobered up yet, mate? ;-)

Na I am joking, I completely agree. We have the fantastic ability of keeping things tight and in control. We don’t ever look like we are going to score a shed load because we just aren’t clinical enough. But we also never look like conceding really either, and if we do, as said about we don’t concede more than one. Not at all this calendar year. In fact, we have only conceded two in a game (or more than one) in 3 of our last 28. That’s fantastic.
  • I got the 'Taylor scores' part correct in my pre-match prediction.  I'm very glad I got the 1-1 score wrong.

Dare we dream of 2nd?  A couple of weeks ago it looked impossible, now a win on Tuesday puts us in with a chance.

Excellent match thread today.  Many thanks to all who added their tuppence worth.
  • Zero chance at second.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great win . Always a difficult place to go . Could Dillon be a late contender for POY? 
  • Great win . Always a difficult place to go . Could Dillon be a late contender for POY? 
    He's got my vote 
  • Hasnt played enough to be a contendor compared to Lyle or Naby for me - Its becoming really tight though as we've a few like Cullen and Bielik playing themselves into form
  • Zero chance at second.
    In to 60/1 now.
  • edited April 2019
    I am hoping to get Barnsley in the play offs - Sad for them as they were the best team in the division for a while, but it has all caught up with them. You could see the writing on the wall in their televised games even if they won on and drew one of them. Hard to look beyond Sunderland getting second.
  • edited April 2019
    Piss poor 1st half, Phillips penalty save and after that much better.

Comfortable in 2nd half.

Very pleased.
  • Pity has to go up Taylor. Without his goals we'd be in the bottom 6...
  • Thought a point at best. 

No going through the motions which is good to see