Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Have you ever been on The Valley pitch?

Seeing the pics of The Valley clean up day in the 80s got me thinking this week? Have you ever been on The Valley pitch?

Could have been for that, or a charity game, or a pitch invasion, protest, presentation, broken in overnight etc...

Have you ever been on the pitch and if so, when and what for? 

POLL: Have you ever been on The Valley pitch? 276 votes

Yes
82%
AFKABartramDaveStorryRothko_MrDick1905WSSAlgarveaddickElthamaddicklancashire ladShagHenry IrvingCharltonparklaneLenGloverAppyAddickWhenIwasLittleBoyletthegoodtimesrollT_C_EpaulbaconsarniecharltonkestonSolidgone 229 votes
No
17%
LoOkOuTsuzisausageJWADDICKVincenzoaliwibbleDanepakSE10AddickCHGTalalNorth Lower NeilPlaaayerExiled_AddickLow_EarsScohamDazzler21moutuakillaImnot Athleticsmudge7946SimonsenLawrieAbrahams 47 votes

Comments

• Yes
    Work tournament.

Hit the crossbar at the covered end (from 5 yards)
  • Yes
    Careful, Tone is probably reading and rubbing his hands together. 😜
  • Yes
    No iffs, no buts 
  • Yes
    Preston 1975, Bolton 1982, Stoke 1985, Sunderland 80’s 
  • edited April 2019
    Yes

Pitch invasion celebrating promotion after beating Preston in 1975.

(44 years ago FFS - feeling very old!)

• Yes
    Charlton Life Tour of the ground not long after @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT set the site up.

Kevin Nolan hosted.
  • Yes
    Quite often, but the longest was when I refereed a hire the pitch game soon after our return.
  • Yes
    Yes, loads of times. As a kid, I would run on the pitch at the end of the game and try and get the payers autographs. "Last" game against Stoke and more recently at one of The Upbeats events.
  • Yes
    A few of us also got into the ground after celebrating the play off final win in the village. Clambered onto the pitch and got screamed at to get out by security. Quite an achievement to get chucked out of Wembley (as I had been earlier in the day) and The Valley in the same day.
  • Yes
    School trip, walked round it, may have dangled a foot over the touchline.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes

Ones I can remember:

CL Ground Tour with Kevin Nolan

CL Charity game

3 Blokes from F Block charity singing pre-Liverpool game (No roof Covered End)

Demelza cheque presentation

Upbeats Day v Derby when the Upbeats went for an unscheduled (brilliant) 2nd lap of honour

Burnley last game of season

• Yes
    yeah but it was for a charity match. went on after the game to get a few autographs.
  • Yes, several times - presented Shaun Newton with the Internet Player of the month trophy in 1998; received my VIP framed certificate from Richard Murray in around 1994; and a few times back in the early seventies when we won a game!
  • Yes
    I have been on the pitch only once, when i was the treasurer of the East Kent supporters club. think it was the 95/96 season. The supporters club raised money for Demelza and i was on the pitch with Trevor Gardiner. Back in the days of Rick, Mick and BDL, happy times :)
  • Yes
    Played on it a few years back in a tournament for CACT v Welling per profile picture. 

Lobbed the keeper and was an inch from rolling in until some unkind sod booted it clear. Gutted
  • Yes

Seeing the pics of The Valley clean up day in the 80s got me thinking this week? Have you ever been on The Valley pitch?

Could have been for that, or a charity game, or a pitch invasion, protest, presentation, broken in overnight etc...

Have you ever been on the pitch and if so, when and what for? 

Yes Centre Circle Tarp duties.
  • Yes
    Yes. After we secured our place in the play offs against Wolves, I got a bit giddy and invaded. Stood near the penalty spot in front of the CE for about ten seconds and then back in the stand.
  • No
    Clicked no, but in fact I have when Pardew did his 'Live' training session at the Valley and again when we stuck Red cards to all the seats ready for our champions celebration.
  • Yes
    In the '70s kids would run on when we scored and for other things, I was one of those kids.
  • Yes
    As a kid, I used to leg it on the pitch after most home games during the late 60's early 70's to pat the players on the back. Loved the Preston promotion night, first proper full scale pitch invasion I'd ever been involved with 
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes
    Our last day at the valley before we left for shithurst. 
    The day we dissembowled the sofa
  • Mostly as a kid in the 60's.
    Once slapped Ron Saunders on the back and got told " fuck off son"   :D
  • Yes
    Slipped over and took out one of our players 
  • Yes
    years ago when we got promoted back up to 2nd Div
    Elton John concert
    couple of years ago after the Burnley last game of the season, tried to get other in the West stand to join me but they didn't!
  • Yes
    I dabbled a foot over the line when I was on the fans sofa - anyone know what happened to it?
  • Yes
    Yes, won a signed football in the raffle in about 1996. 
  • Yes
    bobmunro said:

Pitch invasion celebrating promotion after beating Preston in 1975.

(44 years ago FFS - feeling very old!)

Same
  • Yes
    I dabbled a foot over the line when I was on the fans sofa - anyone know what happened to it?
    Lines still there as far as I know 
  • edited April 2019
    Does The Who concert count?

If not there was the VIP tour with Peter Varney I think in 1998