Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What would you do...

2»

Comments

• Chizz said:
    ...in the following circumstance? 

You're on a crowded train, on your way into London, in the morning.  Sitting opposite you is a woman, on the phone.  She is talking to her boss. You hear her say the following: "I am on my way in to work, but I am not feeling very well.  I think I might have picked up measles from my son.  I am going to get off the train at Charing Cross and get the first train home again". 

What would you do?
    i would politely point out that if she should get off the train at the next stop if she thinks she has measles. 
  • Tut loudly a few times without making direct eye contact, then moan about it to your work colleagues when you get in. 
    #middleclassrage
  • If probably turn Spotify up a bit. 
    And risk the wrath of people glaring in your direction whilst slowly shaking their heads and muttering; "We dont all want to hear it"
  • Chizz said:

You're on a crowded train, on your way into London, in the morning.  Sitting opposite you is a woman, on the phone.  She is talking to her boss. You hear her say the following: "I am on my way in to work, but I am not feeling very well.  I think I might have picked up measles from my son.  I am going to get off the train at Charing Cross and get the first train home again". 

What would you do?
    I'd phone the nearest tree surgeon. 
  • What would Brian Boitano do?
    He'd make a plan and see it through.
    That's what Brian Boitano'll do
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

What would you do?
    i would politely point out that if she should get off the train at the next stop if she thinks she has measles. 
    I think this is the right answer.  But would you have the cajones to do it? I don't think I would. 
  • Try and look up her skirt
    Actual LOL moment :smile:
    And risk the wrath of people glaring in your direction whilst slowly shaking their heads and muttering; "We dont all want to hear it"
    I’ve got good headphones so not a problem. 
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

What would you do?
    I think this is the right answer.  But would you have the cajones to do it? I don't think I would. 
    yeah, i'd have no problem talking to her about it
  • I'd just like to put a shout out to all the survivors from that journey. They all showed incredible courage and bravery in the face of such adversity.
    Thoughts & Prayers...
  • edited April 2019
    My friend is as sensible as can be with his own health, his Czech wife however is an anti vaxxer. Their son has not been vaccinated as a result and I desperately want to tell them, that my daughter isn't going round for play dates until he's vaccinated. He doesn't agree with her stance, but around a third of doctors in the Czech Republic (Where it is a mandatory treatment where fines are placed on parents that don't have children vaccinated) think that the vaccination is more dangerous than any of Measles, Mumps and Rubella. A worrying statistic and of course he went with her decision to keep her happy. 

The problem isn't that she isn't vaccinated, my daughter is.

The problem comes from the fact that the measles virus he can contract by not being vaccinated could mutate and then be a risk even to those that are vaccinated. It's simply not worth that risk.

• I'd just like to put a shout out to all the survivors from that journey. They all showed incredible courage and bravery in the face of such adversity.
    I'm sure they found going past The Den to be the most traumatic part of their journey anyway  :smiley:
  • Dazzler21 said:
    My friend is as sensible as can be with his own health, his Czech wife however is an anti vaxxer. Their son has not been vaccinated as a result and I desperately want to tell them, that my daughter isn't going round for play dates until he's vaccinated. He doesn't agree with her stance, but around a third of doctors in the Czech Republic (Where it is a mandatory treatment where fines are placed on parents that don't have children vaccinated) think that the vaccination is more dangerous than any of Measles, Mumps and Rubella. A worrying statistic and of course he went with her decision to keep her happy. 

The problem isn't that she isn't vaccinated, my daughter is.

The problem comes from the fact that the measles virus he can contract by not being vaccinated could mutate and then be a risk even to those that are vaccinated. It's simply not worth that risk.

He really should be an ex friend, you don't put your childs life at risk to keep the wife happy.

You've gotta sit him down and have a word.
  • Sponsored links:

• ONLY on CL...  that's all i will say,  ONLY on CL!