Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UPBEATS DAY - 13th April 2019 - Wrap Up on Pg.6

Comments

• Options

Wow Wow Wow

Huh. Thank you so much to 'Roland Duchatelet' in helping us flyover our target, Huh. Hugely grateful for your generosity.

We are now through our target, which if I'm being perfectly honest thought was always going to be difficult to achieve. It gets harder and harder each year and there are many other things on other people's radars these days so I know everyone involved with the Upbeats is hugely grateful.  

But can we go that extra mile and reach last year's total?

Every donation, BIG or SMALL, is hugely appreciated and goes towards supporting the scheme.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/charlton-life2

• Options

Wow Wow Wow

Huh. Thank you so much to 'Roland Duchatelet' in helping us flyover our target, Huh. Hugely grateful for your generosity.

We are now through our target, which if I'm being perfectly honest thought was always going to be difficult to achieve. It gets harder and harder each year and there are many other things on other people's radars these days so I know everyone involved with the Upbeats is hugely grateful.  

Every donation, BIG or SMALL, is hugely appreciated and goes towards supporting the scheme.

wow indeed - a stunning donation
  • Options
    Quick increase the target before people think we don't need any more!  Wouldn't it be funny if it was Roland, would we give the £ back. Wish i could afford to be that generous!  We have a lovely community on CL, welling up here. See you tomorrow 
  • Options

Wow Wow Wow

What was last year's total?

• Options
    Okay, who got hold of his cheque book? 
  • Options
    kimbo said:
    Quick increase the target before people think we don't need any more!  Wouldn't it be funny if it was Roland, would we give the £ back. Wish i could afford to be that generous!  We have a lovely community on CL, welling up here. See you tomorrow 
    If it really is RD he'll be charging 2% interest on that donation, compounded year on year
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Sorry to be late contributing this year but have just done so.  For various reasons the last year hasn't been great for the Cherry Orchard family, but thinking about the Upbeats always makes me  smile.  All the very best for tomorrow!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    T_C_E said:
    This has put a smile on my face ...

• Roland Duchâtelet
      3 hrs ago

All for a good cause huh Well done to all huh Please no more huh graffiti huh

£2,000.00+ £500.00 Gift Aid
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    T_C_E said:
    This has put a smile on my face ...

• Roland Duchâtelet
      3 hrs ago

All for a good cause huh Well done to all huh Please no more huh graffiti huh

£2,000.00+ £500.00 Gift Aid
    And yet some people slag off M. Duchatelet.

Let's see where we are in August.
  • Options
    Waiting for Jim White to tweet how can his friend be a bad guy when he donates £2,000 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    If anyone needs one of the discounted match tickets, I’ve got a spare they can have. Bought 2 but my daughter’s not going now.

Edit - Ticket now gone.
  • Options
    Just a thought, is anyone heading back by car to the Rugby club after the game, who might have a spare seat for me and youngest son aged 10?
    Last year I walked back there from the Valley after a pint with Big in Brasov and co, rather than wait for buses. Bit harsh to ask my son to walk that after 9 miles this year!
    Any assistance much appreciated, but will cab it if not ;)

• Options
    Good luck to everyone on the walk. I wish I could be with you but I can't make it this year. Great cause.
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    Just a thought, is anyone heading back by car to the Rugby club after the game, who might have a spare seat for me and youngest son aged 10?
    Last year I walked back there from the Valley after a pint with Big in Brasov and co, rather than wait for buses. Bit harsh to ask my son to walk that after 9 miles this year!
    Any assistance much appreciated, but will cab it if not ;)

Check out trains from Charlton to New Eltham.
  • Options
    Been really tied up with work this week so not seen this thread until tonight.

thanks to every single one of you who has donated to this. That’s a truly brilliant figure and I know the guys at the trust appreciate this and all the other efforts you guys go to for them.

as a proud patron to the trust it’s actions like this that make it so so worthwhile. 

I think im a little bit in love with you all

thanks again
  • Options
    Anyone have the road name of where we are meeting tomorrow? Cheers
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Footscray Road - head for the rugby club. Postcode SE9 2EL
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Footscray Road - head for the rugby club. Postcode SE9 2EL
    Thanks, couldn't the post code. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just a bit up from The Beehive @T_C_E

• Options
    Just a bit up from The Beehive @T_C_E

Cheers mate, I'll start remembering it again when I get there I'm sure. 😉
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    We are so lucky to have generous benefactors 

You never ever let the Upbeats down. X 

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Up and at em!!!

its cold. Currently 0 degrees in sunny Sidcup
  • Options
    Been been out with Magnus this morning, it’s crisp. Not bringing Magnus on the walk, as I’m now going to the game. Last year I did 41k steps on the day, I’ve set my target as 50k so, will walk over to the start, and walk home after the game, then take Magnus out again.
  • Options
    So just the daily update to thank @cherryorchard @Mendonca In Asdas
    @Brunello @letthegoodtimesroll @cabbles @paulbaconsarnie @luckyred @QatarNapsy @Bournesnr and a whole heap of others for their tremendous support I. Getting us so close to last years achievements. 

I’ll do a wrap up bit tomorrow. We’ve, as always, got a great bunch of characters participating who I’m very much looking forward to plodding the pavements with over the next few hours. I’ll try and post some updates as we go along. 

If if you would still like to donate / sponsor us...

• Options
    God its cold.

Wearing cotton shorts to stop chafing

But god its f***ing cold
  • Options
    God its cold.

Wearing cotton shorts to stop chafing

But god its f***ing cold
    Once you start walking, you won’t feel the cold.