Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bolton, Ebbsfleet now Bury (Clubs in trouble thread)

Comments

• Options
    I find it quite upsetting. Feel for the fans. 
    I've always had a feeling that Football would implode under the strain of the money being thrown about

With Macclesfield joining the mess you just have to wonder who'll be next rather than seeing the Sport get itself in order!!

In a funny way if Roland doesnt piss off and keeps us ticking over earning a profit whilst just about competing then we could actually be one of a few clubs that'll be fine
  • Options
    Sad to hear some Bury fans have stepped up discussions on a phoenix club.

Yes, they spent beyond their means to secure promotion last season (part blame there for both the ownership and the EFL) but the biggest victims are the only people without blame. The fans.
    Do you not think they were tickled pick when the owner"spent beyond their means" to aim for promotion? Fans moan all the time about not enough spending. I feel bad for them but don't think they are "without blame."
    how are the supporters not "without blame"?
    Of course they are blameless. They hardly spent millions and the supporters don't have access to the accounts and are not involved in the day to day financial running of the club. They are completely blameless and it is ridiculous for Napa to suggest otherwise. 
    Whilst Napa still not able to give me an answer.
    I see no reason to get into it with you.
    A***hole.
  • Options
    Me and me mate saw Charlton play Bury at their ground. Dean Kiely was in goal for Bury. He saved shot after shot. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:
    We have too many professional clubs. 
    On the face of it, I would agree with you, but if its true, why are more and more non league clubs going full time? 
    Because it seems the only way to get more money as a Businessman is to spend money and so climb the ladder quicker - We've seen so many Non-League clubs try and disappear just as quickly for every Salford there is a Hornchurch etc.

As Blackpool says; take away the Premier League money (or distribute it more evenly) and you have to question if clubs will be so desperate to reach the top level with so much risk
    But you can't compare it to a "normal" business where if you invest in people, infrastructure, plant etc you can grow your business.  It's a business where 26 clubs get a boat load of money and the rest fight for scraps.

If you think a non league player earning 5 times the living wage is sensible, or a league 1 player earning £250k is a good idea, we won't agree on the real problem. 
  • Options
    Bury chairman claims his companies are owed either £4m or £7m or both. Given they owe HMRC £1m and have a small budget, this is unlikely to be loans. He paid £1 for the club having passed EFL F&PP test. it must be services rendered, as invoiced, so it would be interesting to know if hid companies paid around a£1m in VAT on these invoices. I suspect not. The fraud squad should be all over him.
  • Options
    He didn't pass the fit and proper test but the EFL let him takeover the club anyway.

IIRC his other companies have gone under too.
  • Options
    I find it quite upsetting. Feel for the fans. 
    I've always had a feeling that Football would implode under the strain of the money being thrown about

With Macclesfield joining the mess you just have to wonder who'll be next rather than seeing the Sport get itself in order!!

In a funny way if Roland doesnt piss off and keeps us ticking over earning a profit whilst just about competing then we could actually be one of a few clubs that'll be fine
    Clubs like Bury & Macclesfield will simply be replaced in the league by clubs like Barnet and Yeovil.
    Bury will become a memory, like Maidstone, Southport, Workington, Barrow and Bradford PA.
    The only way the "money" will change is if the Premier League change their minds and I can't see that happening, because they don't give a $%&%.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unfortunatly on August 23rd Bury will be kicked out of the football league, I cant see it being ressolved before bext Friday

I think the EFL have back tracked on this. 
  • Options
    Unfortunatly on August 23rd Bury will be kicked out of the football league, I cant see it being ressolved before bext Friday

I think the EFL have back tracked on this. 
    Not according to their statement today, this is on their statement about the Rotherham game being called off

However, as previously stated the EFL maintains the view that League matches cannot continue being suspended indefinitely, as the pressures of a congested fixture calendar will simply not allow such flexibility and the deadline of 23 August for withdrawal of membership remains in place
  • Options
    Why not relegate them but give them a season to sort themselves out i.e. find a new owner?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:
    On the face of it, I would agree with you, but if its true, why are more and more non league clubs going full time? 
    Because it seems the only way to get more money as a Businessman is to spend money and so climb the ladder quicker - We've seen so many Non-League clubs try and disappear just as quickly for every Salford there is a Hornchurch etc.

As Blackpool says; take away the Premier League money (or distribute it more evenly) and you have to question if clubs will be so desperate to reach the top level with so much risk
    But you can't compare it to a "normal" business where if you invest in people, infrastructure, plant etc you can grow your business.  It's a business where 26 clubs get a boat load of money and the rest fight for scraps.

If you think a non league player earning 5 times the living wage is sensible, or a league 1 player earning £250k is a good idea, we won't agree on the real problem. 
    Agreed. Looking at it realistically, can ANY non league side (other than perhaps a major EFL team who've been relegated like Leyton Orient) justify having full time pros in the National League with the gates and other income in that division. After all, in how many other countries do you have a 5th tier with completely full time clubs, or a 6th tier with many full time clubs?
  • Options
    why can't they go into administration?
  • Options
    The Bury owner has been on talksport this morning and was confronted by one of his players...

https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1162352055933112321?s=21

The owner seems like a right prick and makes ours seem like an angel!
  • Options
    Straight away the first thing that gets me is Dale starts having a go at Dawson asking the latter if its correct that the PFA have paid him two months wages

IT SHOULDNT BE THE BLOODY PFA PAYING THE WAGES YOU PRICK!!!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Listening to that there is only one outcome to this... Bury as a Football club are dead!!

Keown is right; Dale is surely wanting the land that Gigg Lane is on - There can be no other reason for refusing to step aside
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Agreed. Looking at it realistically, can ANY non league side (other than perhaps a major EFL team who've been relegated like Leyton Orient) justify having full time pros in the National League with the gates and other income in that division. After all, in how many other countries do you have a 5th tier with completely full time clubs, or a 6th tier with many full time clubs?
    It depends on how well that club is managed but for me realistically a side getting crowds of 2k or less shouldn't be full time. It's simply not enough income to cover a full time squad and staff unless there's an owner putting his hand in his own pocket every week.

As you say the only non league clubs that could/should be full time are the ex league clubs with good support like Wrexham, Stockport, Chesterfield, Notts County, Yeovil, Hartlepool etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Listening to that there is only one outcome to this... Bury as a Football club are dead!!

Keown is right; Dale is surely wanting the land that Gigg Lane is on - There can be no other reason for refusing to step aside
    Comes back to what we said earlier about legislation on protecting football clubs.  Make all football stadiums community assets and make strict laws that allow the authorities to banish rogue owners and confiscate the club from them
  • Options

In which case the council should insist that the ground has to remain a sports facility
    Council arent going to give a toss though are they?
  • Options
    Straight away the first thing that gets me is Dale starts having a go at Dawson asking the latter if its correct that the PFA have paid him two months wages

IT SHOULDNT BE THE BLOODY PFA PAYING THE WAGES YOU PRICK!!!!!
    Not exactly something to brag about, the fact that players were paid through the PFA!

But aside from that, when Dawson said he hasn't been properly paid, Steve Dale says you've not only had 2 months pay, you've had 4 months at 50%! That is 2 months pay!

What a fucking idiot.
  • Options

Really?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/greater-manchester/bury/

• Options
    se9addick said:

Really?

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/greater-manchester/bury/

If given planning permission, how many flats/apartments could a developer build on the site of an entire football stadium? Quite a few really.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2019
    I have no doubt that Bury will never play a game again at Gigg Lane and that there will be flats/houses/supermarket on that site in three years.
    A friend has worked with Dale, knows him wll and said this was always his game plan.
    Another example of the EFL not passing a fit and proper test themselves.
  • Options
    Bury always seem to get on the brink, over a decade ago they brought by a fraudster who embezzled the pension fund he was meant to be managing. But it sucks, there is no real security outside the top few clubs. Football has sold its soul.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I would say that we have too many UNSUSTAINABLE clubs.  
  • Options
    Someone will come and save them. It always happens.