Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What’s Going On At Spurs?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Are you sure those figures are correct? Or are you talking net spend? Liverpool bought VVD, Allison, Keita, Fabinho and Shaqiri in the last year and that’s totals over £200m
    net spend apologies. as takes into account players sold etc. 
  • Options
    first league game at the new stadium tonight .. I know the tv fixtures are arranged weeks in advance, but am surprised that the Spurs/Palace game is not being televised
  • Options
    Read somewhere that under every seat is a device to make the Wi-fi unbelievable Geoff.
  • Options
    Whatever recent form issue Spurs have I hope the new stadium inspires them to score 10 goals tonight.
  • Options
    Hailstorm.  Lovely stuff.  
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Didnt realise it was tonight... thought their game against Palace was on the weekend for some reason

Just found a good stream though and all I can say is that is one damned impressive Stadium!!! - Does it really need an Opening Ceremony though???
  • Options
    Don’t like any of it.

South Stand looks awful, dressing rooms are cold and pokey, acoustics are shocking and the pitch looks bumpy and prone to a bobble.
  • Options
    It's like the Superbowl 
  • Options
    Pitch coming under some strain early doors here. 
  • Options
    There's a midweek MOTD tonight so looking forward to seeing the new stadium
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not according to my schedule guide .
  • Options
    Not according to my schedule guide .
    Sadly it was there in the listings, but has now disappeared
  • Options
    1-0, Son gets the first goal
  • Options
    Didnt realise it was tonight... thought their game against Palace was on the weekend for some reason

Just found a good stream though and all I can say is that is one damned impressive Stadium!!! - Does it really need an Opening Ceremony though???
    Was great when Alexi Sayle came out to sing at the end of the ceremony.
  • Options

I warned Harry Kane about lighting his farts
  • Options
    The only annoying thing is in most of the videos you can hear the drips from Surrey singing 
  • Options
    Ground not full last night? Crowd announced as 59,215.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    School night - Palace Ultra's weren't allowed out past 8pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Seems odd. I would've thought the world and his wife would want to be there. Was it overly expensive?
  • Options
    whatever's going on, the cash is rolling in .. can we expect a summer spending spree despite the stadium cost ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47813193
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Spurs will become a poor man’s Arsenal; new stadium, higher prices, branding, less local fans in the stadium, excuses about stadium costs limiting the transfer budget.... to summarise... a yearly struggle to be top 4 and no hardware.

PS-  Kane will be gone within 15 months.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:

Seems odd. I would've thought the world and his wife would want to be there. Was it overly expensive?

• Options
    Concerns over sight lines? Did no one think to check that whilst it was being built or even during one of the 2 test events?
  • Options
    So, a few days before the game I said to a Spurs fan I know ‘I guess you’ll have to leave the match earlier than the 10 minutes before the end than you used to have to leave the old WHL ground’..’no’, he replied, ‘that’s all been sorted....’

Reading about the issues with the tube the other night it seems like the logistics of getting another 25k fans away from the ground after a match may not necessarily have been top of the agenda.
  • Options
    I’ve written Spurs off, in pretty much every round, since they’ve gone into the knockout stages of the champions league.

They’ve certainly been up against it this season, and have done brilliantly to make the final.

Im going for Liverpool to win in the final, which any Spurs fans on here will be pleased to hear.

Will Harry Kane be fit for the final?
  • Options
    Pochettino basically saying to Levy......"get the cheque book out"

"I know very well how this business works," Pochettino said. "And we know we need to operate in a different way - that doesn't mean to spend more or less money.

"But if we expect every season to be in the final of the Champions League, we need to create a plan. And the plan maybe is different to what has happened in the last five years.

"If we believe that if we operate in the same way that we have operated in the last five years we are going to be every season in the final of the Champions League, and in the top four and competing against projects like Liverpool or Manchester City or Manchester United, I think we are very naive," he said.

"If you want to expect the same from Liverpool, from Manchester City or Manchester United and Chelsea, and you put the same expectation on Tottenham, give me different tools to work.

• Options
    Buying the right players is the thing to do. Look at how much Mourinho spent at Manchester United and the state they are in.