Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bowyer linked with QPR

Comments

• Did Bowyer play with Les Ferdinand at Newcastle??

oooh eerrrrrr
  • Did Bowyer play with Les Ferdinand at Newcastle??

No, but they may have briefly been at West Ham together.
  • Most of the team out of contract, manager and assistant manager out of contract, most senior back backroom staff gone and owner not investing at all. Get ready for a relegation scrap next season. 
  • edited April 2019
    He played with Rio Ferdinand at Leeds, who is a cousin of Les.
  • edited April 2019
    He played with Rio Ferdinand at Leeds, who is a cousin of Les.

He wasn't the first though

Edit. Is it just me that's having a nightmare attaching photos to a post?

• God Roland’s such a disaster should have been offered a contract months ago the only manager we have had under Roland to actually do something and with the least budget. Yet Roland doesn’t give him a contract. When will our misery end.the only thing that cheers me up with Roland is thinking how much money he loses but it’s nothing to him is it. Tosser 
  • He played with Rio Ferdinand at Leeds, who is a cousin of Les.
    and Anton while at Westham
  • it all depends on the play offs .. if we get promoted, Bowyer stays, if we don't there is a fair chance that Bowyer will walk .. CAFC is a bigger outfit than QPR but Bowyer is an ambitious man and a managerial role in the champ could be more appealing than one in L1 .. also, if there will be no  money for players, I can see Bowyer staying if we're in the champ, I can't see it if we're still stuck in L1
  • it all depends on the play offs .. if we get promoted, Bowyer stays, if we don't there is a fair chance that Bowyer will walk .. CAFC is a bigger outfit than QPR but Bowyer is an ambitious man and a managerial role in the champ could be more appealing than one in L1 .. also, if there will be no  money for players, I can see Bowyer staying if we're in the champ, I can't see it if we're still stuck in L1
    Reckon QPR will want their new Manager in long before our league future is confirmed... Be madness if they dont as they'll want to prepare for next season, not to mention they're only eight points from the relegation zone

Get sucked back into that in the next three games and with four left you'd have to wonder if they have the confidence to pull themselves away 
  • Sponsored links:

Reckon QPR will want their new Manager in long before our league future is confirmed... Be madness if they dont as they'll want to prepare for next season, not to mention they're only eight points from the relegation zone

Get sucked back into that in the next three games and with four left you'd have to wonder if they have the confidence to pull themselves away 
    on the other hand QPR don't want to make a panic appointment that they may come to regret later .. in another context but appropriate here .. 'marry in haste, repent at leisure'
  • "linked" being the word - how is jacko getting on managing luton? 
  • If they make him an offer i think he Will go and go and wouldn't blame him, the best hope we have is that he isnt their main target , Sherwood still long odds on with the bookies 
    100%
  • qpr last 5 year manager history;

Harry RedknappEngland England24 November 20123 February 20152 years, 71 days
    Chris Ramsey
    Kevin Bond
    England England
    England England
    4 February 201512 February 20158 days
    Chris RamseyEngland England12 February 20154 November 2015206 days
    Neil WarnockEngland England4 November 20154 December 201530 days
    Jimmy Floyd HasselbainkNetherlands Netherlands4 December 20155 November 2016337 days
    Ian HollowayEngland England11 November 201610 May 20182 years, 143 days
    Steve McClarenEngland England18 May 20181 April 2019320 days
    John EustaceEngland England1 April 2019present2 days
  • edited April 2019
    I think that Bowyer is the sort of bloke who will want to see the job through this season, so that will be a consideration if he receives an offer, albeit not an overriding one. At the same time, however, he won't want to preside over a period of managed decline next season, which is what it will be if we don't go up, Duchatelet remains and we lose our best players - i.e. Bauer, our current midfield and Taylor (the only really saleable asset left).

Anything that is dependant upon Duchatelet acting sensibly is, as we know from bitter experience, precarious and I think that the best we can probably hope for is some kind of contract with a release clause.

I remember QPR approaching the Curbs back in the mid-90s but those were the days when we were, whilst unable to match QPR's financial offer, run as a proper football club. We also had ambition and a coherent plan to achieve progress - both of which we now totally lack.

QPR at present looks like a poisoned chalice to me, so whilst Bowyer will want an opportunity to talk to them (who wouldn't in his position?), he will hopefully stay and reassess his options in the summer.
  • Did Bowyer play with Les Ferdinand at Newcastle?.

Apparently Bowyer confirmed Les was a right handful.

Jeremy Beadle said he was 3 right hands full. 

but on the other hand...

but on the other hand...

• I'm not surprised, mind you they have a running history of not making smart managerial appointments, so maybe we have that on our side.

The contract situation isn't the only issue for Bowyer/Jacko. I suspect they'll get a dog's dinner of an extension. The problem is that if we don't go up and we're not sold, we're stuck with zero finances to grow the squad (even if our players are sold), then players will be sold and that means, no matter how good a job Bow has done, we'll be back battling relegation from League 1 next season and if Bow is serious about a long-term career as a manager, he's not sticking around and I don't blame him.
  • Sponsored links:

• This may well have been put out their by his agent, as he’s trying to force Rolands hand by offering him a contract this week, or even offering him a contract that was derisory, and 
    that has been rejected.

would be balmy to jump ship now, better to do it in the summer.

Lees stock will go even higher if he gets us promotion, as everyone knows we have a basket case of an owner. That should be no where near a football club.
  • Before you say it , yes I know he is never near this club!

and a mouthy bugger
  • stonemuse said:
    If he goes, can’t blame him under existing circumstances. Can’t see Roland matching other clubs salaries. 

Will be very pissed off as I think he has a good future with us. 

But what sort of a future do we as club have?
  • People forget that Bowyer isn't desperate for the money or indeed the work, it's not as if he has to grab any job available.
  • If QPR are a poisoned chalice right now what does that make Charlton, half a pound of raw arsenic?
  • We need our owner to do the right thing and offer him a decent contract but when does Roland get anything right but failure oh he doesn’t do failure forgot. Someone else messed up not him. 
    Don't agree. I don't think it's a given Bowyer stays in the Champ. If we end up losing half our squad and he has to replace them on a shoestring then he will know he is really up against it. Why stay for that?
  • "Sky sources" are they the same as " Jim Whites sources" and I'd hardly put the scum rag as credible source. Until 'Scoop Mendez' has tweeted it, I'll treat it as cr@p.