Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Feel good/good news thread

Comments

• The big pus filled blister on the underside of my toe has finally burst, yay,  roll on the weekend!
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Also been a good morning despite other miserable cabbies telling me the game’s dead!😊

My Charlton mate (black cabbie) has been telling me that for years - think it's part of the job.
  • A Good News (Bible) Story.

I marginally avoided knocking our local vicar off his bicycle this morning. Praise the Lord

(though I’m pretty sure he would have forgiven me if I had)
    Not the one who i robbed his flowers off him late one night at London bridge?
  • Rang the hotel that we always stay in for the Goodwood Revival to confirm the booking for this year and the dippy bird who I booked it with originally 6 months ago hadn't processed it (I even called twice as I didn't trust her).

It's now fully booked and you normally can't get a room for love nor money over that weekend.

Half heartedly checked on Expedia and a guest house 3 doors along from the hotel had a room available at nearly half the price.

Dave brings the little blue pills with him.
  • Curb_It said:
    A Good News (Bible) Story.

I marginally avoided knocking our local vicar off his bicycle this morning. Praise the Lord

Not the one who i robbed his flowers off him late one night at London bridge?
    Ha, no. My local church 
  • Sponsored links:

• Me knocking me pipe out, trying to get this job done for when client arrives on the 4th and said client messaging me just now to say they can't get here till the 14th.......

Thats about as good as my life gets at the moment. The rest is sh1t
  • I managed to stop crying for 25 minutes this morning.
  • Invoice finally paid for a job I finished back in January - just in time for holiday funds :smiley:
  • Off to the Freelands in Bromley tonight for a few beers; The Valley tomorrow then out on Sunday, combined 100th wedding anniversary, grandson's 10th birthday and Mother's Day. Back to work Monday for a rest.
  • addick05 said:
    Off to the Freelands in Bromley tonight for a few beers; The Valley tomorrow then out on Sunday, combined 100th wedding anniversary, grandson's 10th birthday and Mother's Day. Back to work Monday for a rest.
    So you're at least 116 years old ?
    Congratulations.
  • T_C_E said:
    Two weeks now, clean of antidepressants and pain killers. 😃😃
    and well done to you sir.  Thats one hell of an achievement :)
  • Sponsored links:

• We were recently approved for international adoption here in Spain after a complex and stressful application system involving courses, house inspections and endless documentation (all in my second language as well). May have a bit of a wait until the little one comes, but we're delighted to be on to the next stage.
    Congratulations, that's great news. 
  • edited March 2019
    We were recently approved for international adoption here in Spain after a complex and stressful application system involving courses, house inspections and endless documentation (all in my second language as well). May have a bit of a wait until the little one comes, but we're delighted to be on to the next stage.

What an amazing thing to do!  Good on you.
  • Rodders, can you please look into sorting the spacing out around the backslash on thread title please. Thank you
  • Rodders, can you please look into sorting the spacing out around the backslash on thread title please. Thank you
    Done x
  • :i_b_b_o_r_g said:
    Rodders, can you please look into sorting the spacing out around the backslash on thread title please. Thank you

Why can't you do it?   Mods are getting lazier and lazier these days!!
  • I reacquainted tonight with people I’ve not seen for 30 years and it turns out that all of us have grown up to like beer and curry (and some of us Charlton)
  • A Good News (Bible) Story.

Was he the one that @Curb_It made friends with at London Bridge? 
  • Back home after a week working away in Manchester.