Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cover to Cover: Take Me Home Country Roads

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lots of Toots fans, surprised that more people don't rate the Denver original which me and Lady Irving sang in the car while driving through West Virginia
    That sounds cool. Closest i have come to that is driving along in the sunshine with a vest on singing UB40 Kingston Town. And yes i was on the way to Sutton
    Weird coincidence. There was a UB40 documentary on a couple of weeks ago, which I recorded.
    I watched it today and was then playing Kingston Town a couple of hours ago.
    Interesting documenatry btw. 

Do u remember what it was on i may try and have a look over the weekend. I remember the song 1in10 was somthing to do with the percentage of unemployed people in the west midlands area? Id be interested to learn more. 
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Lots of Toots fans, surprised that more people don't rate the Denver original which me and Lady Irving sang in the car while driving through West Virginia
    That sounds cool. Closest i have come to that is driving along in the sunshine with a vest on singing UB40 Kingston Town. And yes i was on the way to Sutton
    Weird coincidence. There was a UB40 documentary on a couple of weeks ago, which I recorded.

Seeing them at the O2 next Saturday - well Ali's half (bit more than half!).
    They are/were all bankrupt/skint brassic.
    All the money went and no one knows where.
    Try and find it on iplayer.

Think most of it went up in smoke
  • Options

Do u remember what it was on i may try and have a look over the weekend. I remember the song 1in10 was somthing to do with the percentage of unemployed people in the west midlands area? Id be interested to learn more. 
    Posted a link above.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Seeing them at the O2 next Saturday - well Ali's half (bit more than half!).
    They are/were all bankrupt/skint brassic.
    All the money went and no one knows where.
    Try and find it on iplayer.

Think most of it went up in smoke
    It did.
  • Options
    No contest - Denver 
  • Options
    It's John Denver for me 
  • Options

Posted a link above.
    Watched it last night. Really sad how it has ended up family and friends not speaking to each other after all that. Im still unsure what side to believe. 
  • Options
    John Denver. Not even a question
  • Options
    John Denver’s saccharine formulaic paeon to redneck insularity has one saving grace and one only
    Howling Willie’s adapted and improved version to be found on 2006’s album of the year World of Filth published on Round Records
    Do yourselves a favour seek it out buy it and hear Cuntry&Western lyricism and insight taken to new heights 
  • Options
    John Denver’s saccharine formulaic paeon to redneck insularity has one saving grace and one only
    Howling Willie’s adapted and improved version to be found on 2006’s album of the year World of Filth published on Round Records
    Do yourselves a favour seek it out buy it and hear Cuntry&Western lyricism and insight taken to new heights 

Read opening post - No other versions considered

PS are you always this verbose?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the basis that neither Toots nor John can do no wrong, it's a draw.