Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Disappearance of Madeleine Mccann

123457»

Comments

• Options
    That poor little girl was a victim of parental neglect and let’s hope that’s all. The McCanns are in my opinion 100% culpable in Madeleines disappearance. To leave children alone in a strange environment and without adult supervision is unforgivable. Any parent as proved with the above posts wouldn’t even consider such neglect. I have no idea whether the McCanns are involved in any way further and I suspect not but what they allowed to happen sickens me.
    I hope the culprit is caught and locked up forever.  Total scumbag whomever they are.  The parents made a grave error in judgement and have been made to pay in the worst possible way, i have never understood the ill will towards them personally.
  • Options
    That poor little girl was a victim of parental neglect and let’s hope that’s all. The McCanns are in my opinion 100% culpable in Madeleines disappearance. To leave children alone in a strange environment and without adult supervision is unforgivable. Any parent as proved with the above posts wouldn’t even consider such neglect. I have no idea whether the McCanns are involved in any way further and I suspect not but what they allowed to happen sickens me.
    I hope the culprit is caught and locked up forever.  Total scumbag whomever they are.  The parents made a grave error in judgement and have been made to pay in the worst possible way, i have never understood the ill will towards them personally.
    The ill will is due to the 'grave error of judgment' which seems like understatement of the century to me.
  • Options
    Dear oh Dear. Some crap posted on here.
  • Options
    Rich 
  • Options
    and handsome .....
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Are we seriously still arguing about whether or not they were negligent in 2019? Of all the things to discuss that shouldn’t be one of them. Of course they were.

• Options
    Channel 9 in Australia have a podcast covering her disappearance: https://www.9news.com.au/maddie
  • Options
    I wouldn't put much store in what C9 put out there mate, they have enough troubles getting the Aussie news correct, let alone something that happened all of that time ago in Portugal.

The Netflix documentary was equally underwhelming, with a cast of shady chancers and n'erdowells, none of whom you would have put much faith in.

At the end of the six part series, there was nothing uncovered or revealed that would have been any use to any new investigation.

As one of the private investigators said, if it wasn't an inside job, then it was pretty much the perfect crime, as not a single clue or line of enquiry was left behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think the McCanns had anything to do with Maddies disappearance. 
    Also if I may ad some perspective to leaving kids on their own. In the early 70's my family started going to Butlins, very young kids and babies were put to bed and once asleep, mum and dad used to go to one of the many bars and theatres, Butlins employed a group of people who would walk round all the chalets and radio back if a child was crying. All the bars had electronic notice boards that would flash up the Chalet number of the crying child, mum or dad would walk back and settle the child, and no one batted an eyelid on the ethics of this. I also never recall a child being taken.
    When we went camping in Spain, my mum and dad would leave us kids asleep in the Tent and go and drink at our friends tent which sometimes was 100 meters away. It is what happened.
    So I kinda understand the McCanns doing this and being 75 meters from the front of the property, thought Maddie would be safe. Obviously this wasn't he case, and both of them will have to live with this for the rest of their days, how they cope I just do not know.
    So no I dont think they are guilty of anything, they just hugely got it wrong and everyday no doubt they try and avoid looking at themselves in the mirror.
    What I do not understand is the amount of time and money that has been allocated to this case, given, as I understand it, a lot of kids go missing in Europe.

• Options
    Likewise Greenie. In the late 70s we used to go to the Riviera Lido Holiday Club near Bognor Regis. 

Many Parents, including mine left their children in the chalets, whilst going to the main bar / entertainment area. (The only thing to do in the chalets in those days were read and play cards). If just your child was in the chalet, I think something was tied around the door handle.

Similarly, at the Riviera Lido, a warden would patrol and report any chalets with crying children in them back the the entertainment area.

I can’t remember any problems with this arrangement back then.

• Options
    Still can't work out why two well paid doctors didn't use the baby sitting service ?
    Gerry said they didn't because they were strangers to the children. This was untrue because they left the three children at the children's club for hours everyday as Jerry played Tennis and it's never reported what Kate did but I assume sun bathing.
    These were the same staff who would do the baby sitting in the evening for extra money.

I wish I hadn't seen so many videos where Kate and Gerry say so many weird things.
    The cadaver and blood dogs used had a 100% records and the retired police office earned £500 pound a day and helped find the bodies in the channel Islands children's home scandal plus went to American to solve cases out there yet when they went crazy in the hire car and behind the sofa in the McCann's apartment.  Gerry said another lie and said these dogs weren't reliable.

Even forgetting that 3 children under 4 were left alone, why would you leave the room unlocked. Maddie had a history back in Leicestershire of getting up in the night.

The first police call was 10.45 because for the first 45 minutes the tapas 7 were shouting out her name around the local streets Because they all thought she had gone walk about like she did back home in England. Only later did the story change and Kate said " they have taken her"

A very strange case where Gerry refused to do a re-inactment with all of the tapas 7.
    He did one with Jane Russel and they disagreed with what side of the road Gerry was standing on !

The McCann have spent too much of the money raised on legal matters and not enough of it on finding their daughter.
    I wonder why ?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    So it looks like this case is coming to a head. German prosecutors questioning a known sex predator who was in the area, and changed the number plates of his car the day after she disappeared. Also placed a 30 minute phone call about 45 mins before she went missing.

The question would seem to be who was he speaking to on the phone? They have the phone numbers (his and the caller) - is there not a way to link the numbers up to the person easily enough?

It seems about as hook, line and sinker as you can get. But did it really take 13 years to realise a serial sex offender was just down the road the day it happened and changed his car number plates 24 hours later?
  • Options
    edited May 2023

https://news.sky.com/story/police-investigating-madeleine-mccann-disappearance-to-search-reservoir-in-portugal-sky-news-understands-12886889

A slim chance of finding her presumably, but I hope they do (to put an end to the despair for the parents at least).