Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Disappearance of Madeleine Mccann

Comments

• cs1986 said:
    hawksmoor said:
    Yeah, I had the same reaction when MacKenzie said that. A weird and creepy thing to say.
    Have you read the way the McCanns describe Maddie? In Kate’s book there are some awful and weird quotes describing her and it makes you wonder
    Doesn't she say something along the lines of 'Maddies perfect little genitals being torn...'?
  • edited March 2019
    If it was publicised to strangers that the Children would be left alone, that does seem like an invitation to the wrong sort of people and another layer of neglect. It does show that arguments can be made for different causes and we will probably never know for sure.

• cs1986 said:
    hawksmoor said:
    Yeah, I had the same reaction when MacKenzie said that. A weird and creepy thing to say.
    Have you read the way the McCanns describe Maddie? In Kate’s book there are some awful and weird quotes describing her and it makes you wonder
    Doesn't she say something along the lines of 'Maddies perfect little genitals being torn...'?
    yeah absolutely spot on. And both her and Gerry have multiple times said how attractive she is. Absolute wrong uns 
  • There are so many weird things with this case and the Mcanns are absolute weirdos. There’s the statement about Gerry and David payne(one of tapas 7) by one of there friends of indecent comments about Madeleine previously. There were multiple lies but gerry and Kate and there stories did not match up as well.
  • I reckon I'd come across as more than a weirdo if I was in their shoes

It should go without saying but as we are all saying it they are guilty of stupidity. They had Madeline via IVF which if you haven't been lucky enough to go through then be thankful, they would have treasured that child like any parent however having gone through that horrible process I cant imagine they would have collaborated some horrible plan to sedate, kill and dispose of their daughter and somehow have a magic power or hiding her. Something that gets levelled at a lot of people above working class or at least working stock is that they lack common sense, leaving a load of kids unattended is a severe lacking of that. Not for one minute do I think they deserve the punishment of losing a child and I'm pretty sure they will carry the guilt of the mistake they made forever. 

• Sponsored links:

• That is deeply disturbing in my opinion.
    Incredibly weird thing to say if true.

Is that real? Is it just my screen but the word “genitals” seems to be cut and pasted.

Is that real? Is it just my screen but the word “genitals” seems to be cut and pasted.
    Seems unlikely to be real.

It shouldn't be that difficult to research. I think it is genuine...
  • Page 129 in the book apparently. I’ve not read it, so I can’t confirm 100% true but it’s what’s out there.

It shouldn't be that difficult to research. I think it is genuine...
    I genuinely can't believe anyone could write that....

Madeleine: Our daughter's disappearance and the continuing search for her  -page 129

It's real.

• Wonder if it was ghostwritten.  Although weirder thing to put in if it was.
  • It is 100% real and i am certain it was not ghost written. The Netflix documentary did not portray the real McCanns imo 
  • I’m amazed there’s a book in the first place.  I’m not a parent but were my kid to be kidkapped/abducted/murdered and it became a public event to the degree this has been, the last thing I’d want to do is release a book?  I get keeping this in the public eye on the off chance.  But books and Netflix documentaries????  Presumably the McCanns have to give their consent for a documentary, how does it work?  

Wouldn’t most parents in this situation simply opt for a dignified form of initial search followed by a period of indefinite grieving?  I can’t get my head around a book?
  • Sponsored links:

• cabbles said:
    I’m amazed there’s a book in the first place.  I’m not a parent but were my kid to be kidkapped/abducted/murdered and it became a public event to the degree this has been, the last thing I’d want to do is release a book?  I get keeping this in the public eye on the off chance.  But books and Netflix documentaries????  Presumably the McCanns have to give their consent for a documentary, how does it work?  

Wouldn’t most parents in this situation simply opt for a dignified form of initial search followed by a period of indefinite grieving?  I can’t get my head around a book?
    Do they make any money from these releases?

I doubt they deliberately set out to murder their daughter, sedation gone wrong seems plausable to me, then again so does someone being aware of their awful negligence.

• They definitely wrote a book & I'm pretty sure that highlighted part is true as I remember it being discussed on a different forum (mumsnet).
  • Genuine question as i don't know, but have either Kate or Gerry gone back to work since?

If not then they're obviously making money from somewhere.
  • Genuine question as i don't know, but have either Kate or Gerry gone back to work since?

If not then they're obviously making money from somewhere.
    No idea but they paid there mortgage via the maddie fund. It was also registered as limited company and not a charity so they don’t have to disclose certain things I believe
  • edited March 2019
    I think the real crime has been dragging that out for 8 episodes. I'm on #7 and so far what I've seen that's worthwhile could have been condensed into opening credits.

On a serious note, the Portugeuse police are either incompetent or disgusting, depending on if they believed the McCanns were genuinely behind it or if they wanted to try and fit them up to reduce pressure on them and tourism etc.

As for the media, both here and in Portugal, I know that in the show the UK media spend a lot of time pointing the finger at the Portugeuse media, but absolute scum. At least Calvin McKenzie more or less says as much and owns it. 

With proper police and proper journalism, I don't think anywhere near as many people would think it was them. So many disgusting headlines. 
  • edited March 2019
    Brian Kennedy and his son are a couple of gems ain't they. More proof you haven't got to be clever to be a self made millionaire imo
  • edited March 2019
    Not sure about Kate, but got a feeling Gerry has returned to work. I don't think they are profiteering from the fund or ever intended to

*edit* Also, Kate said that the reason she brought out a book was to boost the fund to find Maddie. Still some strange bits in it though, 're her and her husband's sex life and the bit already mentiine above
  • When I was a kid my folks regularly left us at night whilst they went out.

All we had was a bottle of squash and an order to behave. 

There would be 5 kids in a chalet, the mahem, chaos and pillow fights are a cherished childhood memory.

My parents werent negligent and nether were the McCanns in the same situation. 
    All under 3 were you?
  • One thing that never seems to get mentioned about leaving children unattended is what if there was a fire? Or one of them decided to swallow a bit of lego or the the whole multitude of things children can do to harm themselves.
    Exactly right.