Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Essex Cricket 2019

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Obviously benefited from not having any international call ups but that is not their fault.

Only lost 1 game all season, and had a streak of 6 victories in a row.

However the real force behind winning the double was Kent not winning any of their last 5 T20 games allowing Essex into 4th place, and Kent rolling over for 40 in the 4 day game when we had a first innings lead of a 100 !!!

!
    Matt Walker had a spell at Essex, including as batting coach, so they have a lot to thank us for!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Obviously benefited from not having any international call ups but that is not their fault.

Only lost 1 game all season, and had a streak of 6 victories in a row.

However the real force behind winning the double was Kent not winning any of their last 5 T20 games allowing Essex into 4th place, and Kent rolling over for 40 in the 4 day game when we had a first innings lead of a 100 !!!

!
    And also Sir Al being able to play the whole season.

They just sneaked into the T20 quarters when looking dead and buried with 3 games to go.
  • Options
    So Essex are only good because Kent are shite? I'll only accept that thesis if amended as follows:..

Essex are only good because Kent and Surrey are shite.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    So Essex are only good because Kent are shite? I'll only accept that thesis if amended as follows:..

Or perhaps even because Kent, Surrey, Somerset, Hampshire and Glamorgan are all shite.
  • Options
    Also, weren't Essex one of the 2 teams that didn't have to play Sussex twice in the stupid structure of the group games?
  • Options
    Also, weren't Essex one of the 2 teams that didn't have to play Sussex twice in the stupid structure of the group games?
    Not sure but they also had 2 no results against Glamorgan who managed to only win 1 game.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    McBobbin said:

Or perhaps even because Kent, Surrey, Somerset, Hampshire and Glamorgan are all shite.Somerset were alright
  • Options
    So Ravi has decided that the South Coast is the right place to be next year. He's very welcome to join us.
  • Options
    Very strange that one for me - Ravi is a legend there and would surely be offered whatever sort of deal he wants - unless Sussex have offered him the captaincy or something I just dont get it!
  • Options
    Very strange that one for me - Ravi is a legend there and would surely be offered whatever sort of deal he wants - unless Sussex have offered him the captaincy or something I just dont get it!
    I must admit I'm surprised. In a press release, he says that he wants to focus on white ball cricket. I don't believe he will be given the captaincy ahead of Luke Wright for T20. He would be a good captain for the County Championship though in my mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he wanted a two year contract and wasn't offered one. I hope it works out well for him, love Ravi, but time to move on I guess
  • Options
    A fully fit Sussex side are easily the favourites for the blast next year for me:

Phil Salt
    Luke Wright (C)
    Travis Head
    Laurie Evans
    Alex Carey (wk)
    Ravi Bopara
    David Weise
    Chris Jordan 
    Jofra Archer
    Danny Briggs
    Tymal Mills

Thats a serious team

• Options
    A fully fit Sussex side are easily the favourites for the blast next year for me:

Phil Salt
    Luke Wright (C)
    Travis Head
    Laurie Evans
    Alex Carey (wk)
    Ravi Bopara
    David Weise
    Chris Jordan 
    Jofra Archer
    Danny Briggs
    Tymal Mills

Thats a serious team

I thought that this season. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Phil Salt
    Luke Wright (C)
    Travis Head
    Laurie Evans
    Alex Carey (wk)
    Ravi Bopara
    David Weise
    Chris Jordan 
    Jofra Archer
    Danny Briggs
    Tymal Mills

Thats a serious team

Too many injuries and missing players in the quarters, had no Mills, Rashid Khan or Jofra. That being said if carey had caught Moeen they would've been at finals day
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Phil Salt
    Luke Wright (C)
    Travis Head
    Laurie Evans
    Alex Carey (wk)
    Ravi Bopara
    David Weise
    Chris Jordan 
    Jofra Archer
    Danny Briggs
    Tymal Mills

Thats a serious team

Too many injuries and missing players in the quarters, had no Mills, Rashid Khan or Jofra. That being said if carey had caught Moeen they would've been at finals day
    That’s absolutely true but there’ll be no Jofra and Mills will only play 4-5 games before he is injured. T20 is also a bit of a lottery so there are no certainties. Annoyingly, the top side go straight through to the semis next year. This year, both top sides in the north and south got knocked out in the quarter finals and the two fourth placed teams contested the final.
  • Options
    Not to mention that Essex sneaked fourth place on the last day due to other results going their way. I've still no idea how they won that trophy... Though Ravi had a lot to do with it, now it seems he's learned how to finish
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Not to mention that Essex sneaked fourth place on the last day due to other results going their way. I've still no idea how they won that trophy... Though Ravi had a lot to do with it, now it seems he's learned how to finish
     Because Kent didn’t win any of their last 5 games !