Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Oggy Red said:
    Sounds like Aribo might leave even if we get promoted, from what a couple of articles said today. If Villa don't get promoted, why would Aribo leave to another team in the same division?
    Because Aribo is better at counting than you, Napa?

(Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist. I'm only fishing for a 'like' from Henry)   :smile:

Henry? :D

• Oggy Red said:
    Sounds like Aribo might leave even if we get promoted, from what a couple of articles said today. If Villa don't get promoted, why would Aribo leave to another team in the same division?
    Because Aribo is better at counting than you, Napa?

(Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist. I'm only fishing for a 'like' from Henry)   :smile:

You got it
  • Bump :-)
  • I see Jamie Ward is on the list,good player in his prime and wasn't too bad for us but I don't think I saw enough to justify him playing at championship level  anymore 
  • Will we pick up otzumer?
    The Bolton situation will be very interesting
  • Jake Bidwell could be of interest. Left back; not an amazing defender but crosses the ball superbly. 
  • Nothing there to get too excited about, all the ones that look promising probably out of our price range. 

Only two I can see that I think might be worth a punt and seem realistic are Conor Washington and Jack Payne
  • I'd take Jamie Ward back. 
  • Sponsored links:

I would have been keen to in L1. Not in the Championship . 
  • If this is true we can stop thinking about Cullen.
    http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133570
  • He struggled last time he was in the Championship. I don’t expect him to be forcing his way into a PL squad this season.
  • If this is true we can stop thinking about Cullen.
    http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133570
    I think that’s exactly what all of us already thought would be the case. He’s got to force himself into a squad of 25 players, eight of which need to be “home grown”. That won’t mean because he’s one of the top eight he’s in. It will need to fit in with the squad balance. Now I’m not suggesting that Josh isn’t good enough to make the cut but it can’t be more than 50/50. A very good season in league one is a very long hop to being in an around a PL team. The gulf is enormous. For his sake I hope he makes it. For our sake I hope he gets another year on loan at The Valley.
    Either way, if we do get him back it won't be until the end of the transfer window when West Ham have seen him in pre season training and firmed up their squad
  • West Ham fans seem in no hurry to get him back. I would not pay £5M for him, though.

• Not a rumour bit this would be my ideal summer that is realistic with only one player demanding a fee and all the rest being on a free or loans potentially. How do we think this match day side would fair in the champ? 

• Sponsored links:

• I think the top starting eleven would be easy mid-table. Don't see how we would get James Maddisson (if that is who that is) given he got transferred to Leicester for £25M last year.
    Its Marcus Maddison
  • I think the top starting eleven would be easy mid-table. Don't see how we would get James Maddison (if that is who that is) given he got transferred to Leicester for £25M last year.
    No Marcus mate (shit Jonny Williams) last year of his contract and has a 3 million release clause, I think they would accept less though to avoid the risk of an agreement in January. If we get new owners you never know. Everytime we play him he looks dangerous and his stats speak for themselves, would be a real marquee signing. 

That team would finish mid table I would say 
  • edited May 2019
    Whoa! Did not realize Marcus Maddison was even for sale. Did not see him this season but the year before he was one of the hotter prospects. Would be all for it. I am sure he would rather be here than Huddersfield, which is where is linked to going next month.
  • Darren Purse, Dean Parett, Jon Obika, Marvin Sordell & Carlton Cole would be my top 5 targets
    I think I have read this joke before somewhere.
  • Josh Maceacran? He has been released by Brentford .
  • Darren Purse, Dean Parett, Jon Obika, Marvin Sordell & Carlton Cole would be my top 5 targets
    Hayden Mullins and Julian Gray would be good additions.
  • At least we are not as out of our minds as Magpies. A surge of bets in the wake of the rumored takeover now have Newcastle second best odds to land Mbappe. :D
  • edited May 2019
    Whoa! Did not realize Marcus Maddison was even for sale. Did not see him this season but the year before he was one of the hotter prospects. Would be all for it. I am sure he would rather be here than Huddersfield, which is where is linked to going next month.
    Marcus Maddison has been for sale for a while but for some reason no one wants to close the deal with Peterborough

He was rumoured to be joining Leeds last summer and threw a bit of a paddy when it didnt go through

Because of that he was left out of the opening three games but returned for the game against us when he came off the bench to put in the cross that led to the "penalty"
  • Scoham said:
    Darren Purse, Dean Parett, Jon Obika, Marvin Sordell & Carlton Cole would be my top 5 targets
    Hayden Mullins and Julian Gray would be good additions.
    And that French striker, Andy something or other.