Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

1367368369370371373»

Comments

• Options
    Very surprised he couldn't get a league one club. Surely at the very least Bolton would've been interested.

Perhaps he limited his options by wanting to stay down south?
    Or by not being good enough?
  • Options
    Surely he’ll tear up league 2. Great signing for Col U
  • Options
    Why do Colchester say "Welcome back?"
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Didn't he go on loan there from us a few years ago?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    He was on loan there from us a few years ago
  • Options
    Came back to us just before they beat us 2-1 in the FA Cup
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Harriott signs a 2 year deal with Colchester. Seems a long time ago when it looked like we would sign him as being better than nothing!
    Shame he didn’t manage to get a League One club, he’s better than League Two so should do well at Colchester.
    He did well at Colchester in that loan period, found good form and started scoring goals for fun.

I seem to remember he was a bit hacked off being recalled to Charlton in the January..... wasn't it about the time Freye was hiding in the laundry basket?

• Options
    If he wanted to stay south and around the London area - he does have young kid(s) - surely Southend, Wimbledon, or Gillingham would have been a decent move for him.

But I suppose if he does really well for Colchester and they get into the play-offs, he could be pushing to play in League One next season anyway. Or, a good season could mean he gets a move back into the Championship anyway.

I wish him good luck because he always tries and his talent is better than the level he has now signed for. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Sounds moderately hopeful concerning Lyle...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    “would never think I am the boss,” said Gallen. “I’m maybe a bit old-school, but the manager is in charge and the rest of us are the supporting act.

“Other people might feel differently but I’m there completely to try and help him – and vice versa. It has been going well for a little while now.”

Is that a dig at driesen? 

• Options
    Former loanee Jamie Ward joined Scunthorpe last week and scored a penalty for them on Saturday
  • Options
    So any rumours on incomings
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
    I hate football.
    Surely that £10m has to be transfer rumour bullshit 
    The Peterborough chairman said they've rejected bids of £3m / £3.5m for a player - thats not going to be from us so see that being clubs after Marcus Maddison again

Those are the only official figures mentioned
    Only Man City have scored more League goals than Peterborough's Toney (12 goals and 2 assists), Eisa (12 goals and 1 assist) and Maddison (9 goals and 6 assists).

Two things might stop them from getting promotion - their somewhat porous defence (leaked more goals than any other top half League 1 club) and of course should they lose one or more of those three in January. Their success to date this season will, though, hardly mean a reduction in transfer fee!

• Options
    We’ve had 3 bids for Ivan Toney turned down, confirmed by Peterborough’s chairman. They want 10million for him
    I hate football.
    The Peterborough chairman said they've rejected bids of £3m / £3.5m for a player - thats not going to be from us so see that being clubs after Marcus Maddison again

Only Man City have scored more League goals than Peterborough's Toney (12 goals and 2 assists), Eisa (12 goals and 1 assist) and Maddison (9 goals and 6 assists).

Two things might stop them from getting promotion - their somewhat porous defence (leaked more goals than any other top half League 1 club) and of course should they lose one or more of those three in January. Their success to date this season will, though, hardly mean a reduction in transfer fee!

I know we made a bid for Toney in the summer but weren't there rumours we was linked with Eisa before he moved to Peterborough?
  • Options
    I hate football.

I know we made a bid for Toney in the summer but weren't there rumours we was linked with Eisa before he moved to Peterborough?
    Yes was linked in January and didn't happen because Bristol City didn't get a striker over the line themselves
  • Options
    Driesen then had a brief chat on Twitter with the Peterborough owner saying he'd paid far too much for Eisa this summer
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    I hate football.

Yes was linked in January and didn't happen because Bristol City didn't get a striker over the line themselves
    Ah makes sense. Would of been a decent addition to the squad but doesn't matter now as he have Bonne 😉