Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arsenal interested in Aribo?

2»

Comments

• Options

A national newspaper reported that the Gunners have been watching the former Staines Town man.

Bowyer said: “If it’s true then it’s good on our behalf. It means the job we are doing with him is a good job.

“But I think it’s his agent, if I’m honest. I’m not reading too much into that.

“I spoke to Joe last week, I had a meeting with him. He wants to sign and I think it’s just trying to agree with his agent.

“Joe likes it here. He’s learning and improving – that’s all you can say.

“He knows this is a good place for him to be. The lad is improving lots.”

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-boss-reacts-to-arsenal-link-to-star-midfielder-joe-aribo/
  • Options
    Get a new agent son, it should be your choice. 
  • Options
    Does the agent work for the player or the player work for the agent?

Surely the player makes the decision who he wants to work for?
  • Options
    Trying to agree with his agent doesn’t mean Joe agreeing in my view, it means his agent has asked say £15K a week and we have offered £1,500. Fingers crossed but no expectations
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The agent's a convenient scapegoat but I doubt he's forcing Joe to leave the club. At the end of the day it's the players decision and he's clearly in high demand.
  • Options
    edited March 2019

''Aribo had been keen to stay at the Valley but Charlton withdrew

their opening offer and offered him reduced terms when

they returned with a second offer, according to the Mirror.''

Well done Roland!

Classic Roland, just so that he can say we offered a contract. He did the same with Yann didn't he?
  • Options

''Aribo had been keen to stay at the Valley but Charlton withdrew

their opening offer and offered him reduced terms when

they returned with a second offer, according to the Mirror.''

Well done Roland!

Classic Roland, just so that he can say we offered a contract. He did the same with Yann didn't he?
    completely different, i believe Yann only had to play a couple more games to activate an extension of his contract, he refused to play those games demanding a pay rise.