Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Top 5 - the run ins...

Comments

• Options
    Barnsley have been dropping points, my prediction is they'll finish 5th
  • Options
    Our relatively poor Goal Difference might cause us some problems.
  • Options
    peterborough, blackpool, coventry all in the chasing pack for that 6th spot, so they could have a say. 

don't mean to dampen the spirits but i think we are expecting teams that have done v little all of a sudden to start picking up results. 
  • Options
    Don’t know if it’s been mentioned before but if we get Luton out the way with 3 points we then have a chance to get even closer to the others next Friday as we play earlier than the rest! Could be huge!

No disrespect to what Luton have achieved but I actually think Oxford will be tougher!
  • Options

Oxford games have been a proper banana skin of late when Robinson is involved

Dreading that one more than Saturday to be honest

@Palarsehater - I get what you mean and think your comment will play a big factor where sides in the bottom half will struggle to take any points of us lot chasing second but at the same time its the stage of the season where teams will get desperate... take Wycombe last night had we played our main team then I believe it would have been more comfortable

With Oxford and Scunthorpe the last two games seperated by a matter of days I fully expect Bowyer to do the same again

• Options
    Barnsley losing Moore been a massive blow and they’ve appeared to run out of steam.

Sunderland the last few weeks I’ve fancied to nick it but their schedule is hectic and they’re playing good sides every 4 days.

Pompey are the poorest out of the four in my view but are picking up wins again.

We are the form team and aside from Luton we have a nice run in, so who knows.

I have it that Barnsley are just going to stumble over the line but it’ll be tight now whereas a month ago it wasn’t.

Whatver happens the staff and players deserve big credit, up the Addicks.
  • Options
    Next four look tough for Sunderland. Can’t see them winning all of them... Pompey also have a couple of tough games to play.

Barnsley could well win all five of their games. We’ve got to hope they drop a couple of those, we need three wins max out of five to catch them.
    They're probably thinking the same about our games.

Luton at home is as tough as they come.
    Oxford away (form side plus Robinson no doubt wanting to do us over)
    Gillingham away ('local' derby)

Plus Rochdale and Scunthorpe at home (both fighting relegation)
  • Options
    we have a chance at autos - but v unlikely, we not only need to win all of our games BUT need other sides to lose/draw. 

worst case we are in playoffs and out of the current teams i think we have as good a chance as any but i would like to be away 1st. 
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    And another thing.

We are 33/1 to finish second, just as surprising is we are 23/10 to win at home this weekend, we have 0 players in team of the season and Sky last night tweet something along the lines of “charlton with a win to strengthen their play off place against Wycombe”

Wouldn’t have it any other way, this is how we like it, let the Sunderland’s take the plaudits and deal with the pressure.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And another thing.

We are 33/1 to finish second, just as surprising is we are 23/10 to win at home this weekend, we have 0 players in team of the season and Sky last night tweet something along the lines of “charlton with a win to strengthen their play off place against Wycombe”

Wouldn’t have it any other way, this is how we like it, let the Sunderland’s take the plaudits and deal with the pressure.
    EFL on Quest were the same on Saturday night... they had a proper focus on the top four before doing the Charlton game

To be fair to them though they did go on to say that the others should watch out for us
  • Options
    And another thing.

This, absolutely 110%!
  • Options
    I am expecting a comfortable victory against Luton for some reason, but agree Oxford looks tough given that they are on a run similar to ours.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I think we're all going to drop points, just a matter of whether we can drop enough less than those above.

Looking at remaining games I've got:

Luton 97
    Barnsley 90 +40
    Sunderland 90 +37
    Charlton 89
    Portsmouth 88
    Doncaster 77

We take it to last game of the season (mathematically), but unless we can beat Rochdale by 11 and Barnsley lose at Bristol Rovers (predicted draw) we won't make it automatically.

No doubt after this weekend's fixtures it'll all change again though.
  • Options
    Forget the rest, they will drop points and only one team’s results count now  ‘.....with Pearce at the back, and Pearce in attack, we’re Charlton Athletic, we’re on our way back’
  • Options
    We have to assume we won't drop any points as no other secenario will give us any chance whatsoever.
  • Options
    I honestly don't think we'll finish top 2, I reckon we'll end up in 4th and play Pompey in the play-offs.

However, we're 50-1 on Bet365 to finish second...!
  • Options
    None of the Sky pundits have us to finish second, but Goodman and good old Minto have us going up via playoffs: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11684870/efl-pundits-predict-the-run-in-for-sky-bet-championship-league-one-and-league-two
  • Options
    None of the Sky pundits have us to finish second, but Goodman and good old Minto have us going up via playoffs: https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11684870/efl-pundits-predict-the-run-in-for-sky-bet-championship-league-one-and-league-two
    Good love being written off...
  • Options
    edited April 2019

Charlton:
    • Oxford (12th) (A)
    • Scunthorpe (19th) (H)
    • Gillingham (15th) (A)
    • Rochdale (20th) (H)

Sunderland:
    • Doncaster (6th) (H)
    • Peterborough (7th) (A)
    • Portsmouth (4th) (H)
    • Fleetwood (11th) (A)
    • Southend (22nd) (A)

Portsmouth:
    • Burton (9th) (A)
    • Coventry (8th) (H)
    • Sunderland (3rd) (A)
    • Peterborough (7th) (H)
    • Accrington (16th) (H)

Barnsley:
    • Shrewsbury (13th) (H)
    • Plymouth (18th) (A)
    • Blackpool (10th) (H)
    • Bristol Rovers (14th) (A)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Some tough games for Sunderland and Pompey to play still.

We all need a slip up from Barnsley.
  • Options
    You have missed a Pompey game. 
  • Options
    I still fancy Pompey to nick second.
  • Options
    You have missed a Pompey game. 
    Added it back in. Home to Peterborough. :-)
  • Options
    Plymouth away is the one I fancy to be tricky. They played us off the park for 35 minutes, and if Plymouth get the first it'll be a long afternoon for Barnsley.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Plymouth away is the one I fancy to be tricky. They played us off the park for 35 minutes, and if Plymouth get the first it'll be a long afternoon for Barnsley.
    Would say that Blackpool could be difficult too
  • Options

Charlton:
    • Oxford (12th) (A)
    • Scunthorpe (19th) (H)
    • Gillingham (15th) (A)
    • Rochdale (20th) (H)

Sunderland:
    • Doncaster (6th) (H)
    • Peterborough (7th) (A)
    • Portsmouth (4th) (H)
    • Fleetwood (11th) (A)
    • Southend (22nd) (A)

Portsmouth:
    • Burton (9th) (A)
    • Coventry (8th) (H)
    • Sunderland (3rd) (A)
    • Peterborough (7th) (H)
    • Accrington (16th) (H)

Barnsley:
    • Shrewsbury (13th) (H)
    • Plymouth (18th) (A)
    • Blackpool (10th) (H)
    • Bristol Rovers (14th) (A)

Pompey’s run-in is far from easy 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    We will need them to slip up twice, I'm sure they will. 
  • Options
    Sunderland seem to be imploding. Barnsley have an easier run in but 12 points to play for and there will be twists and turns.