Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forster-Caskey edging closer to return

Comments

• Great physio insights, @Sage, really informative, keep 'em coming
    Thanks @PragueAddick
  • Hi might next season but with Bielik and Cullen here I’m not convinced a fit JfC gets in our current midfield 
    JFC may be able to replace Williams or Reeves in the last 20 minutes of games if he gets the green light in 3 weeks time ?

Jake is really up for playing some small part this season if Medics agree.
  • Is he a better midfielder than Cullen, Bielik, Aribo or Reeves?

Not convinced.
    I think he is.

Certainly better than Reeves.

Bielik is really a centre half

Aribo is a different type of player

Cullen and JFC are similar and play in the same role but JFC scores goals.  JFC has also played a lot of games at Championship level.

Would be interesting to see if JFC can play as a N0.10/tip of the diamond
  • edited March 2019
    It can take a while to get back to your best after a long injury. We should expect he doesn't contribute and anything above that will be a bonus.

Not convinced.
    I think he is.

Bielik is really a centre half

Cullen and JFC are similar and play in the same role but JFC scores goals.  JFC has also played a lot of games at Championship level.

I think it would be a good shout to have Aribo/JFC swapping between playing deeper on the ball and then at the tip. Alongside Williams and then Cullen/Bielik this should make a cracking midfield. 

In fairness, this should also work with Reeves but he just doesn't seem to work in a midfield with Aribo and Williams. 
  • Hi might next season but with Bielik and Cullen here I’m not convinced a fit JfC gets in our current midfield 
    Agreed but i'd find a place for JFC on the bench even if it's at the expense of Lapslie for example.

I like Lapslie but i'd rather in the play offs JFC is brought on if we need a goal. As much as I admire the work Bowyer has done and I stand to be corrected but have we had any subs score coming off the bench this season? If so it can't be many at all.
    Igor away to AFC Wimbledon
    Marshall home to AFC Wimbledon
    Ajose away to Portsmouth
    Marshall home to Mansfield(FA Cup)

Thats all I could see on flashscore although they only go as far back as Barnsley in October so not sure if there were more before then
    Cheers Paulie so yeah 3 league goals compared to I think 12 at the leading end of the table does highlight our lack of goal scoring options to bring off the bench.
  • clive said:
    Excellent interview that. Disappointing that he hasn't been offered a new contract yet
  • Sounds like it'll be two weeks and then three weeks of U23 games for him - Could be remarkable where his sole involvement could be the Play-Offs
  • Sounds like it'll be two weeks and then three weeks of U23 games for him - Could be remarkable where his sole involvement could be the Play-Offs
    Yes, backs up my post from the other day saying it could be as soon as Scunthorpe at home April 22nd, that would be 4 full weeks of training, which majority of that is contact and he will be playing U23s games in that time too. If not, Gillingham away on Saturday 27th April is probably the more realistic target, being part of the squad for the final couple of games of the season before the play-offs. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Sounds like it'll be two weeks and then three weeks of U23 games for him - Could be remarkable where his sole involvement could be the Play-Offs
    Yes, backs up my post from the other day saying it could be as soon as Scunthorpe at home April 22nd, that would be 4 full weeks of training, which majority of that is contact and he will be playing U23s games in that time too. If not, Gillingham away on Saturday 27th April is probably the more realistic target, being part of the squad for the final couple of games of the season before the play-offs. 
    You'd hope its around then as if it get to the Play-Offs then you wonder if Bowyer will include him unless we have players missing - Lee may instead be reluctant to drop someone like Lapslie who has earnt his place over the course of the season, whereas Jake is no doubt be the more talented yet will also be lacking in match sharpness
  • He certainly won't take a risk unless we have an injury crisis - JFK would have to be clearly up and running in advance of the play-offs. 
  • Sage said:
    Sounds like it'll be two weeks and then three weeks of U23 games for him - Could be remarkable where his sole involvement could be the Play-Offs
    You'd hope its around then as if it get to the Play-Offs then you wonder if Bowyer will include him unless we have players missing - Lee may instead be reluctant to drop someone like Lapslie who has earnt his place over the course of the season, whereas Jake is no doubt be the more talented yet will also be lacking in match sharpness
    Lapslie may have earnt his place over the course of the season and I know that Bows 100% trusts him, but in a game and situation where a bit of quality could be the difference, having Forster-Caskey on the bench instead of young Lapslie is something I would prefer, so long as Forster-Caskey has played a bit of football beforehand.
  • I'm so looking forward to seeing Jake Forster- Caskey running out on to the grassy knoll.
  • edited March 2019
    I'm so looking forward to seeing Jake Forster- Caskey running out on to the grassy knoll.
    I hope he watches out for Floyd Harvey Oswald
  • Sorry I meant KFC!
    Cos he is finger licking good??
  • Sorry I meant KFC!
    Chicken 
  • Sponsored links:

• Didnt Bowyer say about Forster-Caskey playing around three U23 games before being considered back again?

Hopefully means he can be involved for the Rochdale game in some capacity
  • Didnt Bowyer say about Forster-Caskey playing around three U23 games before being considered back again?

Hopefully means he can be involved for the Rochdale game in some capacity
    According to the article it's the final U23 league game of the season. Presumably they can still arrange friendlies as it's quite early to finish
  • Presumably they can still arrange friendlies as it's quite early to finish
    Shirts v skins and jumpers for goal-posts. Sorted!
  • That's been a long month page was meant to be out for

Not convinced.
    I think he is.

Bielik is really a centre half with more on-the-ball skill than nearly everyone else in the division.

Fixed.
  • I'd be surprised if either played for the first team unless we have an injury crisis or we know automatic is impossible on the last game, where a few key players may be rested.
  • edited April 2019
    JFC on the bench for the Rochdale game if he comes through unscathed
  • clb74 said:
    That's been a long month page was meant to be out for
    That was  based upon Cory Gibbs time!