Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Team Summer 2019 -ICC World Cup and Ashes etc

Comments

• Options
    Great effort - unexpected.

So when are we all out tomorrow?
    I will say 12:46

• Options
    Why couldn't we have done this in the first innings?

Denly may have saved himself there. If not, at least he left on a relative high, but it's hard to make the case for dropping him and playing Roy at 4
  • Options
    We have given ourselves an outside chance of winning, needs Root to make 150 or more and another big innings from Stokes, well pleased for Joe Denly
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    New ball due in 8 overs. First session so so important tomorrow. Get to lunch only 4 or 5 down & we have a sniff. Still only about a 5% - 10% chance as the old adage of 1 brings 2 is so apt & if Root is out before the new ball then I can see us not lasting until lunch.

Still.....better than most of us would have thought at midday today & at least gives me something to do instead of the gardening. 
  • Options
    England had a 13% chance of winning at the start of the day.  It's now increased to 28%.  Job half done.
  • Options
    Tempted to get a ticket for tomorrow now. This weekend is turning out to be more expensive than our flight to South Africa. 

View from hotel. 

• Options
    Please go back tomorrow @suzisausage - you've helped them get half-way to a win so far... 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This is a master plan to avoid batting last on a tricky day 5 wicket.

Win toss, bowl, bat nicely in benign day 3 conditions.
    Plans working...
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    MrOneLung said:
    This is a master plan to avoid batting last on a tricky day 5 wicket.

Win toss, bowl, bat nicely in benign day 3 conditions.
    Plans working...
    Shhhh don't jinx it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    Please go back tomorrow @suzisausage - you've helped them get half-way to a win so far... 
    Maths not your strong suit Chizz. 28% is about a quarter of the way there. Just over double the original 13% but that doesn't make it "half way there".

If you have £100 & give 50% away you have £50. If you then increase that £50 by 100% you are back to your original £100. No more, no less.

Funny things numbers... .Zoe Ball's dad made a living from them.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Chizz said:
    Maths not your strong suit Chizz. 28% is about a quarter of the way there. Just over double the original 13% but that doesn't make it "half way there".

If you have £100 & give 50% away you have £50. If you then increase that £50 by 100% you are back to your original £100. No more, no less.

Funny things numbers... .Zoe Ball's dad made a living from them.
    If England were to face 144 overs in their second innings, I think they will have reached their target. (I think you're a bit confused about the WinViz stats on likely outcomes.  A 28% chance of winning does not mean "a quarter of the way there").
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you.
    Aussie bowling attack will have just too much.
    The two openers failing this innings will be the vital difference.

Bad call by Joe to keep Jason Roy as opener. Denly had to join Burns in starting the innings. Try Roy at 4 after hopefully 25 overs or more but still not sure it will work.
  • Options
    The first run in the 5th over of the morning!
  • Options
    Bollocks
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you.
  • Options
    😔
  • Options
    In Lyons first over !
    The pressure from a super bowling attack made Root make another bad decision.
    Needed 130 from Joe to get close.

• Options
    Stokes is overcompensating here, yes stay in but go for the easier runs.
  • Options
    As much as I dislike Warner, that was one hell of a catch off Lyon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agreed, we are not batting for a draw, we need to win. The only way we will win is by scoring 200 runs. I get cautious and safe but 3 of 72 is taking cautious to another level
  • Options
    Yes it seems this England team is a bit 2 paced, either white ball aggressive mode or "no run" mode
  • Options
    Agreed, we are not batting for a draw, we need to win. The only way we will win is by scoring 200 runs. I get cautious and safe but 3 of 72 is taking cautious to another level
    Correction, 7 from 76
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Correction, 7 from 76
    I suppose his thought process is that it's better to play himself in and try to ensure that the lower-middle order isn't exposed to the new ball, than to score quickly and risk getting out.  

I would like to see him score quicker.  But he looks absolutely determined to do everything required to score the century that's needed.  

I think he's been magnificent for most of this Summer, particularly at Lord's with the bat and Headingley, in the second innings with the ball. If we lose, it won't be Stokes' fault - if we win, it will be, in a large part, down to him. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:8
    Correction, 7 from 76
    I suppose his thought process is that it's better to play himself in and try to ensure that the lower-middle order is exposed to the new ball, than to score quickly and risk getting out.  

I would like to see him score quicker.  But he looks absolutely determined to do everything required to score the century that's needed.  

I think he's been magnificent for most of this Summer, particularly at Lord's with the bat and Headingley, in the second innings with the ball. If we lose, it won't be Stokes' fault - if we win, it will be, in a large part, down to him. 
    We WON'T win Chizz!  Yes the team have applied themselves more in this innings but the 67 all out was unforgiveable.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    Correction, 7 from 76
    I suppose his thought process is that it's better to play himself in and try to ensure that the lower-middle order is exposed to the new ball, than to score quickly and risk getting out.  

Agree that he has been England’s best batsman but he should have played himself in after 80 balls
  • Options
    Part of me thinks "we could do this", the other part of me says "all out for 230"
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Correction, 7 from 76

We WON'T win Chizz!  Yes the team have applied themselves more in this innings but the 67 all out was unforgiveable.
    That's the spirit!
  • Options
    Weirdly that’s Root wicket has pushed us on.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Correction, 7 from 76

We certainly can still win this.