Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Big is Sparrows Lane?

I've been there many, many times, normally just the bit where they play u23 games. I've also walked up 'dog shit alley' a million times. In terms of acres or hectares how big is the floor print? It seems massive.

Comments

• Options
    Premier league big.
  • Options
    That’s a bit of a personal question @Sparrows Lane Lion
  • Options
    There's a house down there with a massive "No-one likes us" flag flying out the front. 
  • Options
    As big as Belgium. Or Wales. I can't remember, but they are always the two comparators used when discussing large areas.
  • Options
    Size of 6 football pitches 
  • Options
    The original plan shows RD's intention to expand and produce more premiership units.

He's gonna re-invent farming as we know it. He'll fetch livestock in from other farms that he owns all over Europe because the way farmers have been doing it for the 500 odd years has been completely wrong and Rolls is here to teach em the right way
  • Options
    I don’t want to work on Rolands farm no more. 
    RZ
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I've been there many, many times, normally just the bit where they play u23 games. I've also walked up 'dog shit alley' a million times. In terms of acres or hectares how big is the floor print? It seems massive.
    Dog shit alley? Wtf?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dog shit alley? Wtf?
    It’s the channel from left side of midfield to the penalty area. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dog shit alley? Wtf?
    It’s the channel from left side of midfield to the penalty area. 
    Ah right.
    Is that why Purrington always turns backwards?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Dog shit alley? Wtf?
    It’s a public footpath, much used by local dog walkers, that runs alongside the training ground behind the goals of the two main training pitches, from some places you can see into the training ground but as far as I remember it’s a chain fence mostly covered by trees and bushes.
    It’s some years since I was there though, so there may be a new fence.....or similar to deter onlookers.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    PopIcon said:
    Dog shit alley? Wtf?
    It’s a public footpath, much used by local dog walkers, that runs alongside the training ground behind the goals of the two main training pitches, from some places you can see into the training ground but as far as I remember it’s a chain fence mostly covered by trees and bushes.
    It’s some years since I was there though, so there may be a new fence.....or similar to deter onlookers.
    They put a gate in the fencing many years ago as so many footballs were ending up in Dog Shit Alley.  It was known by locals as The Leaburn Gate.

The alleyway has been called Dog Shit Alley for many years, due to the inconsiderate dog owners who don't clear up after their pooches.

• Options
    In places it's the deepest training ground in the Country.
  • Options
    only part of it can be developed. I know of bids going in for Charlton, where the bidder thought the training ground could be developed into 90 houses worth 1m each, hence paying for the purchase of the club. Obv this never happened.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    only part of it can be developed. I know of bids going in for Charlton, where the bidder thought the training ground could be developed into 90 houses worth 1m each, hence paying for the purchase of the club. Obv this never happened.
    Anyone paying £1million for a house there needs their bumps felt.
  • Options
    The new semis at Waterford Place in Avery Hill Road are going for £750k :o
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Is this the old Gaelic playing field?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Addickted said:
    Yes, £750k is for the 4 bedroom.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Yes, £750k is for the 4 bedroom.
    Jeez, not sure I would part with 750k to live there.  Get much more for your dollar down the line, and a seat on the train every day.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    There's a house down there with a massive "No-one likes us" flag flying out the front. 
    I believe that house belongs to Sue Parkes. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I believe that house belongs to Sue Parkes. 
    Lol