Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bristol Rovers v Charlton | Sat 16 Mar | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    Accrington vs Rochdale postponed already due to a waterlogged pitch. A local derby too, so it's not as if they had a take an early decision to help the away fans!

Bury vs Cambridge in L2 also off as are a number of NLN games
    Not at all surprised the rain in the North West has been pretty frequent over the last week and heavy downpours forecast for this afternoon.
    Oldham v Tranmere off as well.
  • Dry so far in Bristol , the sun occasionally making an appearance.
  • I would go:
    ..........Phillips
    Dijksteel Bauer Sarr Purrington
    ..............Cullen
    ......Reeves.......Aribo
    ..............Fosu
    ....Taylor.....Vetokele

Take no risks with the injured lads, though it seems Aribo has travelled. That said, I also like FA's team with Reeves at the tip of the diamond. I'm just not convinced that against big physical teams Lapslie adds all that much more steel. 
  • Bristol played midweek as well, so no reason why we would be more tired than them. Indeed they had their Checkatrade semi last week so have played on 2 consecutive Tuesdays

• Sorry new to this will the ifollow be available for the game?
  • Reading between the lines and little hints this morning, it looks as though Dijksteel might be playing and Solly on the bench.
  • Shrew said:
    Dry so far in Bristol , the sun occasionally making an appearance.
    Rain by half time. Open terrace.

Rovers on form. Harris-Clarke a battering ram upfront, with Clark, Lines and Sercombe playmakers. Number 10 Nicholls flatters... Upson and back line pretty chunky, but can got behind. Holmes-Dennis their best player recently with width and crosses ... resilient but beatable 

Faffing windy here ... Come on Addix 

0-2 (probably will be Niz-all)
  • According to the Sun (no, don't laugh), Charlton's penalty against Burton was their 10th league goal, scored from the spot this season, first club to reach that total in all 4 top leagues
  • ross1 said:
    According to the Sun (no, don't laugh), Charlton's penalty against Burton was their 10th league goal, scored from the spot this season, first club to reach that total in all 4 top leagues
    Plus Taylor's missed two and Grant missed one
  • Dannoo_86 said:
    Sorry new to this will the ifollow be available for the game?
    Yes it should be
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:
    Dry so far in Bristol , the sun occasionally making an appearance.
    Rain by half time. Open terrace.

Rovers on form. Harris-Clarke a battering ram upfront, with Clark, Lines and Sercombe playmakers. Number 10 Nicholls flatters... Upson and back line pretty chunky, but can got behind. Holmes-Dennis their best player recently with width and crosses ... resilient but beatable 

Faffing windy here ... Come on Addix 

0-2 (probably will be Niz-all)
    According to the club preview, Holmes-Dennis is out for this one. 
  • Went last year . Probably the best I've seen Reeves play , but the finishing was poor with Kaikai  , Ajose and Zyro in the team . Think we can keep the winning run going this afternoon  .
  • Sarr on the bench... Hmm
  • edited March 2019
    Dijksteel | Pearce | Pratley | Vetokele | Bielik all return to the starting line up

Not surprised that Sarr is being rested so long as its nothing more than that as he's done nowt to be dropped

Actually wondered if Bowyer would do that when watching us play Burton on Saturday
  • Dijksteel | Pearce | Pratley | Vetokele | Bielik all return to the starting line up

Not surprised that Sarr is being rested so long as its nothing more than that as he's done nowt to be dropped

Actually wondered if Bowyer would do that when watching us play Burton on Saturday
    Harsh but him and Pearce can’t play together in a 2
  • Surprised with the amount of changes
  • I would t jump to any conclusions on the changes - we know there have been a few players carrying knocks and a there’s been a virus going around the team. 
  • Not many goals in that team. Hopefully Sarr is only being rested, I’m worried that Bowyer see’s Pearce as the better player
  • I think its the right call from Bowyer to make so many changes

We looked leggy against Burton and with a two week break until our next game its giving the likes of Pratley | Vetokele | Pearce to get some minutes ... Hell we've still a long way to go in this season and Bowyer might be making a mistake where we lose today but we cant keep relying on the same eleven else we'll burn out before we even get to the Play-Offs
  • Sponsored links:

• Solly, Sarr and Parker were all poor against Burton and Aribo was unwell.
  • Major surprise resting Sarr when we have no game for 2 weeks

OS suggesting we may play 3 CBs
  • Only a niggle or illness should mean that Sarr is on the bench & Pearce playing......no other reason to drop our free kick expert.
  • Not many goals in that team. Hopefully Sarr is only being rested, I’m worried that Bowyer see’s Pearce as the better player

If he did Pearce could/would have been put back in a while back. Pretty sure it's just a rest/precaution.
  • Major surprise resting Sarr when we have no game for 2 weeks

OS suggesting we may play 3 CBs
    Or doing the opposite and giving Pearce game time when its the last chance for two weeks
  • Could be famous last words but we don’t lose many with bauer and Pearce . I would have kept Naby in, that said 
  • Not worried about the defence it's midfield that's the problem. No Williams  Fosu or Aribo.......so no-one who can run with the ball. Reeves is too lightweight & Pratley goes backwards. Expect to see a 0 after our name come 5pm.