Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Terrible Mosque Shooting in New Zealand

123457»

Comments

• I think @Chizz post deserves a promote, made me smile on a miserable morning.
  • I avoid threads on these topics on CL, but I was named by @Chizz so while I am here, I will make this solitary contribution:

Theresa May and Jeremy Corbyn should study carefully the words and actions of Jacinda Ardern and understand that this is what leadership of a modern nation looks like.
    Is she pro-Brexit then?
  • Chizz said:
    Wonder what we all would be saying if one of our young supporters did that to Duchatalet?
    It's a bit difficult to predict what we would all be saying.  But, I'll have a go...

Lots of people would enjoy it.  Some people would book a few nights' stay in his hotel to celebrate (then cancel). A few would moan that they should support the team instead of throwing eggs.  
    @DOUCHER would have posted a few minutes before the egg got thrown, to say that no eggs will be thrown. 
    @paulie8290 would start a thread. 
    @JamesSeed would say he'd had a phone call from an Australian supplier of eggs, who would be able to sort us out with a few more, within a couple of weeks.  Just hold tight... 
    @NapaAddick would say the eggs were definitely worth $70 each, but probably more now that they're smashed. 
    @Chippycafc would make a comment about the yolk being better off out of the egg; no-one would understand what he means and he'd complain that everyone's stupid. 
    @i_b_b_o_r_g would make a surprisingly good egg-based joke (probably using the word "eggzit"), and refer to the egg thrower as Eggy.  
    @Airman Brown would explain, in meticulous detail, precisely what had happened, who was involved, the order in which everything took place, who the main protagonists were and a detailed explanation as to what might happen next.  And then face dozens of posts asking him to explain it all again. 
    @PragueAddick would produce a brief, but detailed argument about how he buys all his eggs from Marks and Spencer, but can't get them delivered because of Brexit. 
    @bobmunro would be offering odds on who threw it. 
    @AFKABartram would pop in, say "guys...", and pop out again. 
    @Leuth would moan that they weren't Venezuelan eggs. 
    There would be lots of discussion about whether they were white or brown eggs, at which point @Chizz would wade in with "stop being so eggist", get the hump and flounce off again. 
    @seth plum would demonstrate he understands the whole egg issue faultlessly, but would then ask if anyone has solved the border issue yet. 
    @Anna_Kissed would share genuine concerns about the on-going welfare of the chicken. 
    @soapy_jones would make a dirty (but genuinely hilarious) joke, but one that hasn't been politically correct since roughly 1979.
    @PeterGage would correctly point out that, as it had been thrown one-handed, with one foot in the air it was technically a foul throw. 
    Lots and lots of people would post, almost simultaneously about the phrase "foul throw". 
    @Fumbluff would post a picture.  @Dazzler21 would post a gif.  @seth plum would post a gif; and then another one; and then another one... 
    @DOUCHER would post to remind everyone that he had said all along that an egg would be thrown. 
    @paulie8290 would start another thread.  
    Dragging me into something i haven't been involved in,  in what is a sad and serious issue just about describes you as a man.  Your obsession with me is a bit creepy,  and there are enough on here already. 
  • edited March 2019
    can anyone genuinely believe that we would see the slaughter of muslim's on a world wide scale? i can't, people should practice there faith and not enforce it on others and should not be hated for doing so that is my outlook on it. 

what riles people and adds to the hate pot is actions like mr khan in 1 breath saying we do not have enough police and this factors into the stabbing epidemic in London then in another breath saying we will put police on every mosque, non muslims will not feel as important etc. 
    What did the world do when Muslims were being slaughtered in Burma recently?
  • can anyone genuinely believe that we would see the slaughter of muslim's on a world wide scale? i can't, people should practice there faith and not enforce it on others and should not be hated for doing so that is my outlook on it. 

what riles people and adds to the hate pot is actions like mr khan in 1 breath saying we do not have enough police and this factors into the stabbing epidemic in London then in another breath saying we will put police on every mosque, non muslims will not feel as important etc. 
    Around 800,000 Muslim Rohingyas live in Burma with around 80% living in the western state of Rakhine. Some Rohingya militant have been fighting on and off since the 1940s to create an Islamic state in Western Burma.

6700 rogingya muslims have been killed. 

the holocaust;

Jews6 million
    Soviet civiliansaround 7 million 
    Soviet prisoners of wararound 3 million (including about 50,000 Jewish soldiers)

both are awful and wrong, but i hand on heart do not believe that any time soon we will see Muslims hunted down around the world and slaughtered as we saw during the holocaust. 

• can anyone genuinely believe that we would see the slaughter of muslim's on a world wide scale? i can't, people should practice there faith and not enforce it on others and should not be hated for doing so that is my outlook on it. 

Around 800,000 Muslim Rohingyas live in Burma with around 80% living in the western state of Rakhine. Some Rohingya militant have been fighting on and off since the 1940s to create an Islamic state in Western Burma.

the holocaust;

Jews6 million
    Soviet prisoners of wararound 3 million (including about 50,000 Jewish soldiers)

both are awful and wrong, but i hand on heart do not believe that any time soon we will see Muslims hunted down around the world and slaughtered as we saw during the holocaust. 

But no-one believed that Jews were being systemically processed and slaughtered until they saw it. It was being spoken of but no-one thought it could be true. 
    The Killing Fields, the Rwandan Genocide, Burma, the terrible crimes committed by ISIS show that the Holocaust is not a one off that can't be replicated even if not to the same degree. 
    Not believing it could happen is all the more reason to to be vigilant IMO.

• So at what point should the world step in @palarsehater? Roughly 70% of the population were slaughtered in Cambodia and the world did nothing, I wish I could share your confidence, sadly history suggests you're probably wrong.
  • So at what point should the world step in @palarsehater? Roughly 70% of the population were slaughtered in Cambodia and the world did nothing, I wish I could share your confidence, sadly history suggests you're probably wrong.

Sadly, I have to agree. The holding of vigils and lighting of candles - whilst giving some degree of comfort in the immediate aftermath - will not change the human psyche. There is little evidence that the kind of atrocities that took place during the Holocaust, in Rwanda, Cambodia, the Balkans and Burma (whether politically or religiously driven) will not happen again in some other part of the world.

the holocaust;

Jews6 million

By your rationale, its an issue of scale then? So what about what happened on our doorsteps (relatively speaking) in the Balkans less than 30 years ago? Do we not react to that in the same way because less muslims were killed in Srebrenica than in Auschwitz?
  • There’s a million Muslims in concentration camps in China right now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Reeducation. *avoids getting arrested*
  • Chizz said:
    Wonder what we all would be saying if one of our young supporters did that to Duchatalet?
    It's a bit difficult to predict what we would all be saying.  But, I'll have a go...

[snip]
    @PeterGage would correctly point out that, as it had been thrown one-handed, with one foot in the air it was technically a foul throw. 
    Lots and lots of people would post, almost simultaneously about the phrase "foul throw". 
    @Fumbluff would post a picture.  @Dazzler21 would post a gif.  @seth plum would post a gif; and then another one; and then another one... 
    @DOUCHER would post to remind everyone that he had said all along that an egg would be thrown. 
    @paulie8290 would start another thread.  
    You forgot the "fowl throw" puns, and presumably someone making the pedantic point that for it to be a "fowl throw" you'd have to have thrown the chicken instead.

Oh and @blackpool72 would probably chime in with "just take your eggs and **** off"
  • Someone made the point that the Haka is overdone these days and I agree.

yesterday on NZ tv there were three.

the one that greeted PM Jacinda Ardern by a hundred or so pupils of a  school in Christchurch was very moving.

another one in South Auckland at a school for Moslems was just odd.  The sight of these guys, all in white from head to toe was very strange indeed.

the other one was by members of the Momgrel Mob gang outside a mosque in Waikato.  They had offered to act as security for Muslims while they prayed.  Their offer by the way was declined with thanks and a suggestion they were welcome to come in and pray!